Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

President Bush has signed an Executive Order

May, 2007

The Bush administration has released a directive called the National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive

The directive released on May 9th, 2007 has gone almost unnoticed by the mainstream and alternative media. This is understandable considering the huge Ron Paul and immigration news but this story is equally as huge. In this directive, Bush declares that in the event of a “Catastrophic Emergencyâ€

The Unpatriot Act

From the Office of Rep. Ron Paul, MD

Congressman Ron Paul praised two landmark votes in Congress that could mark a turning point in the battle to protect civil liberties threatened by the Patriot Act. Paul has been an outspoken critic of the Patriot Act since its hasty passage in the weeks following the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The Act endangers civil liberties by easing federal rules for search warrants, allowing warrantless searches in some instances, allowing expanded wiretaps and Internet monitoring, and even allowing federal agents to examine library and bookstore records. Yet despite these serious constitutional questions, few if any members of Congress read the 500-page Patriot Act prior to voting on it!

However, the House of Representatives recently passed two amendments to the annual Justice department funding bill that show many in Congress are having second thoughts about the Patriot Act.

One amendment, sponsored by Congressman Butch Otter of Idaho and cosponsored by Paul, denies funding for the Justice department to execute so-called “sneak and peekâ€

Thank you girlygirl for the link and Ron Pauls video

Along with the Patriot Act, as if we needed anything else to take away our rights, Bushie recently did this--

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=55824

Which begins-
    President Bush, without so much as issuing a press statement, on May 9 signed a directive that granted near dictatorial powers to the office of the president in the event of a national emergency declared by the president.

The "National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive," with the dual designation of NSPD-51, as a National Security Presidential Directive, and HSPD-20, as a Homeland Security Presidential Directive, establishes under the office of president a new National Continuity Coordinator.

That job, as the document describes, is to make plans for "National Essential Functions" of all federal, state, local, territorial, and tribal governments, as well as private sector organizations to continue functioning under the president's directives in the event of a national emergency.
    Now this worries ME even more than the Patriot Act
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sorry, Bonfire, I just saw that you already referred to this act of treason!

The article I posted gives a little more detail, I think.

Thanks for beginning this thread and bringing this to everyone's attention!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by imblest
    Sorry, Bonfire, I just saw that you already referred to this act of treason!

The article I posted gives a little more detail, I think.

Thanks for beginning this thread and bringing this to everyone's attention!!
    No problem. Please keep posting this information. I post duplicates in multiple forums if I think they are relevant. Americans tend to get sidetracked and forget

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12