Like Tree2Likes

Thread: DMV Jammed: Wasn’t Prepared for the Illegal Immigrant Drivers License Surge

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DMV Jammed: Wasn’t Prepared for the Illegal Immigrant Drivers License Surge

06 Feb 2015
    Written by Paul Hatfield

PERSPECTIVE-Have you tried to schedule an appointment for a license renewal lately?

I received a renewal reminder in mid-January. The expiration of my license is March 18th.

Within a week after receiving it, I attempted to schedule an appointment at the DMV. I tried several offices in the area – the earliest appointments were in early to mid-April. Does me a lot of good.

I called Assemblyman Adrin Nazarian’s office for assistance. The field rep confirmed my suspicion that the lack of timely appointments was due to the surge of applicants caused by the passage of AB 60, the bill authorizing the licensing of illegal immigrants.

Put aside the divisive politics for a moment. When the legislature passes a bill that creates a reasonably predictable response – and certainly anyone in Sacramento could have figured AB 60 would send people flocking to the DMV – would it not make sense to staff offices accordingly, even extend hours into the evening?

Better yet, why not grant automatic 30-day extensions to those of us with the misfortune to have their renewals fall in this timeframe?

I suggested that to Nazarian’s field representative. He doubted anything could be done.

“Why not executive action,” I asked. Once again, he could not see that happening.

I guess Governor Brown is too preoccupied with laying track for HSR.

The rep did say he would pass along my suggestion to the Assembly Member.

My next stop – State Senator Hertzberg.

I will keep you posted.

(Paul Hatfield is a CPA and former NC Valley Village board member and treasurer. He blogs at Village to Village and contributes to CityWatch.

http://www.citywatchla.com/lead-stor...-license-surge
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Americans prevented from their own licenses because the offices are flooded with illegal aliens seeking theirs?

Well, now you know where you stand in California and every other state that has the stupidity to issue licenses to illegal aliens. It was just this experience for me over a decade ago that sent me to the computer to research what in the hell was going on which was when I blogged my first post in my life on a newspaper forum and was contacted by ALIPAC to join the organization. That was 10 years ago, and here we are, still fighting a fight that should have never started to begin with over an issue that shouldn't exist under our laws.

Americans, you must stop this madness. It doesn't matter whether you're a Republican, a Democrat or an Independent or something else. If you're an American citizen, you must unite with us and stop this treasonous insanity.
    Last edited by Judy; 02-06-2015 at 02:15 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn