Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change
    The thrill of the Huntsman
    Is Jon Huntsman the greenest GOP presidential hopeful? 13
    Grist admin avatar badge avatar for Lisa Hymas

by Lisa Hymas

2 Feb 2011 1:08 AM

Jon HuntsmanJon Huntsman: Will he keep telling it straight on climate change?Photo: World Economic ForumFormer Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman is looking like the most climate-cognizant contender for the Republican presidential nomination. In fact, he downright looks like a climate hawk.

Huntsman -- who is resigning his position as ambassador to China in order to, as they say, explore his options -- has been outspoken about the need for climate action, and, as governor, signed his state up for a regional cap-and-trade program as part of the Western Climate Initiative.

He's obviously greener than outright climate deniers like Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann and flip-floppers like Newt Gingrich, but he might also be more climate-hawkish than Tim Pawlenty, who called for moderate climate action while he was governor of Minnesota but more recently has questioned the degree to which climate change is human-caused. A number of Republican presidential hopefuls have, like Pawlenty, backed away from climate concern in the past year as skepticism has come into vogue in the Tea Party camp. Huntsman, who's been out of the country and out of the spotlight since heading to Beijing in August 2009, has not backtracked -- at least not yet.

In 2007, Huntsman brought his state into the Western Climate Initiative, the only Republican governor other than California's Arnold Schwarzenegger to do so. In 2008, he set a goal for Utah to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions to 2005 levels by 2020. His climate activism ticked off the heavily Republican state legislature, which hit Huntsman with a resolution calling on him to back out of the WCI, but the state's heavily Republican electorate didn't seem to mind, as it reelected Huntsman in November 2008 with 78 percent of the vote.

In January 2009, Huntsman said he found it "enormously frustrating" that Republicans had not been working toward a national climate policy. "We would not need the Western Climate Initiative if it were not for the foot-dragging nature of Congress," he said. "If Republicans had identified this problem earlier and tackled it aggressively, we would all be working together."

When Huntsman resigned from the governorship to become ambassador to China, Marc Heileson of the Sierra Club's Utah office lamented that the state was losing "a national leader in the world's most important environmental issue."

Huntsman carried his call for climate action into his ambassadorship, saying that one of his top goals would be collaborating with China on climate solutions:

We have entered an era in which all nations are called upon to work together to address the urgent problem of global climate change. The United States and China should be part of the solution, and collaboration on clean energy and greater energy efficiency offer a real opportunity to deepen the overall U.S.-China relationship. U.S. agencies have been encouraging their counterparts in China to expand cooperation on clean energy and other emission-reducing activities and to advance the international climate change negotiations. As Utah's Governor, I have been deeply involved in exploring clean energy options for the Western States. During my chairmanship of the Western Governors' Association, we focused specifically on the global nature of climate change, working directly with China and other major carbon emitters on this critical issue. If confirmed, I will continue my personal interest in working with China to identify and take action in areas that are mutually beneficial and which promote low-carbon economic growth in ways that are consistent with our trade and investment policies.

The political climate (ahem) is much different now than it was in mid-2009. If Huntsman decides to make a run for the Republican presidential nomination, will he distinguish himself from his competitors by sticking to his guns and insisting that climate change is a real problem that needs urgent action? Or will he follow the herd and make mealymouthed noises about uncertain science and the economic apocalypse that cap-and-trade would bring on?

http://www.grist.org/article/2011-02-02 ... ul-climate

Banned
    Huntsman is big buds with Glenn Beck

The Mormon connection ,

I don't know his stance on illegals though

I'm still hoping for Jim DeMint

But I have a feeling we are going to once again have the best of worst
    choices

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    Huntsman is big buds with Glenn Beck

The Mormon connection ,

I don't know his stance on illegals though

I'm still hoping for Jim DeMint

But I have a feeling we are going to once again have the best of worst
    choices
    Huntsman is also good friends with Vicente Fox. Good ole Vicente visited Huntsman more than once while he was governor of Utah.

Banned
    NO RINO'S

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyB
    Just like Clinton was a Bush family pick. It makes me wonder who is really behind the curtain pulling all the strings....hmmmm!
    CFR, Bilderberg Group and the Trilateral Commission. Composed of both the Dems and Repubs.
    Carlyle Group, Skull and Bones...the list is long.

Several articles on google can be found that claims Prescott Bush (poppy's daddy) was investigated for money laundering for Hitler. This NWO crap goes way back.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc7i0wCFf8g

This speech was on 9/11/1991...ten years to the day of 9/11/ 2001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a9Syi12 ... re=related

More

This is where we see this country becoming more diverse and dangerous. This is all brought to us by the NWO elite who want to control the entire planet.

Romney's already been called out here for being a pro amnesty POS and being a Mormon just makes it stink even more!

Huntsman if you have to ask then I'd say he bad news too!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Romney's already been called out here for being a pro amnesty POS and being a Mormon just makes it stink even more!

Huntsman if you have to ask then I'd say he bad news too!
    Romney still didn't suck up to illegals in Mass

But neither did Arnie in Calif as far as drivers license , etc

But Arnie was a POS and I'm not a raving Romney supporter either even though I did support him over McStain

You might want to research Huntsman, Chances are you have about a 100 products in your home that he developed

But I'm not keen on trusting mormons right at the moment

They sure aren't looking out for mormons are they? It's all Churches Superman!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    They sure aren't looking out for mormons are they? It's all Churches Superman!
    The bad part Steve is I attended religious school for a while , I've also read the Bible cover to cover , I know a lot of the Quran , I also know a lot about other religions including Judaism

What these illegal alien hustlers is not religion , its bunk

Don't get me going on Theology , I can give you an earful and then some

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast