Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I've felt that way in the past, but now I see a LOT of people are rearing to set this right and it gives me hope.

Re: Do You Ever Feel This Way?

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    It's not your imagination how fast they are coming in here. A major chain department store where I go to all the time has changed just in the last year. Now every ad in the store is in spanish and all the pictures of the people in the ads are also hispanic.

GG what department store is that? I'm in Texas and even I don't see that, but then again it may be a regional thing....

Bush knows what he's doing. He wants them all to come in, he's made that obvious. I was just talking in another post about the impeachment thing. I think we could get an impeachment petition together on the grounds that he has failed to protect this country from criminal invaders. And I don't mean the crime of border jumping. I mean the violent crimes committed by some of these people.

Alberto Gonzales should go with him. I still can't get that man's words out of my mind when he was talking about illegal immigrants who commit these horendous crimes. He said, "These are individuals who have just run into a spot of tough luck, and it's important to treat these guys in a way that respects human dignity."
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sam, go to Livingston, TX. The Wal-Mart there has a sign on the outside. One of the job qualifications is that you have to speak Spanish.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Tonight I feel a little bit defeated. I know that we cannot afford to feel that way, but the reality is that my experience today at the mall in Gwinnett County makes me feel that President Bush's dream is becoming a reality.

At the mall I saw and heard many different things and it led me to believe that people may be coming into our country in even faster numbers than before. I know that Secretary Chertoff claims that the borders are more secure than ever, and perhaps he is right. But could it be that illegal aliens are now coming into our country in massive numbers by plane, ship, car, and the Canadian border?

Is it possible that as we work so hard to fight this problem...... because of the things that President Bush is saying that it is encouraging MORE illegal immigration and that this is exactly what is happening behind our backs?

My experience today tells me that this is true and that this is happening. But I don't know what to do about it. I guess the best thing that I can do is to tell you, other Americans.

Obviously, my senators (Chambliss and Isakson) aren't overly concerned about it. Other than all of you, they are the only people I know to turn to. So now what am I supposed to do?

It's not your imagination how fast they are coming in here. A major chain department store where I go to all the time has changed just in the last year. Now every ad in the store is in spanish and all the pictures of the people in the ads are also hispanic. Most the shoppers walking around also don't speak english. I feel like I'm in Mexico when I go there. Also my local Subway sandwichs I go to all the time, they used to hire high school and college kids, now the employee's are older hispanic employee's, and I can hardly understand them because they speak with such a heavy accent. I've seen so many changes in such a very short time. Time magazine said a little over a year ago over 4 million were coming here every year, and I believe it!

What happens when they run us out? What happens when we become too overpopulated? How could the government let these good for nothings take over here????

April
    What happens when they run us out? What happens when we become too overpopulated? How could the government let these good for nothings take over here????
    We are not going to let that happen. It is up to us to turn this around, the government abandoned us long ago. WE can do this! We will do this! We must do this for our children and grandchildren. There is no other option!
    God is with us as we fight for this just cause. We will win

Quote Originally Posted by katydid278
    Hi Legal, I posted my own rant in one of the threads about going to the dept. store the other day and I just walked around amazed at all the foreigners, wondering when did this happen and why on earth in America is the white man and the english language the minority all of a sudden????? Everywhere I go lately the majority of the people I see around me have dark skin. And no that is not a "racist" comment, it is just a fact, and an observation that anyone would have. Where are they coming from?
    I think what is scaring us, is we are seeing our American culture disappearing into a third world culture...We have a right to want to protect our American culture. Our American culture is special and we don't deserve to have it stolen from us. This is America, not Mexico! They are trying to make it Mexico!

Quote Originally Posted by SamLowrey
    It's not your imagination how fast they are coming in here. A major chain department store where I go to all the time has changed just in the last year. Now every ad in the store is in spanish and all the pictures of the people in the ads are also hispanic.

GG what department store is that? I'm in Texas and even I don't see that, but then again it may be a regional thing....
    Mervyns!

As a footnote to this thread, let me suggest a possibility for you Legal.
    It is very possible that the demographics of the illegal community is shuffling, based on the restrictions imposed on them in various communities. It's sort of like a water ballon, if you squeeze it in one spot it bulges in another. Here in North Carolina several local jurisdictions, both city and county are fed up and cracking down. I expect a lot of our "visitors" have relocated to "spend time with family" in other states right now. It's quite possible that your area is seeing growth in the illegal community because of the welcome mat your legislators have publicized by their weak stance on the issue. Certainly employers will welcome the cheap labor for awhile too.

I drive about 300 miles a day , mostly in a north/south direction along I-85/I-40 in NC. I pay particular attention to who is using the highway and who is not. Normally I see a lot of Hispanic traffic heading south on a regular basis. Lately, unless I see a work truck full of tired workers napping there is little movement. I think many of them, particularily the ones with family are hunkered down waiting for the outcome of Senate wrangling. That could be good news for your community in the form of minimal demographics shift in the near term.

Then again, I might be mistaken and the airlift has begun.

Either way, you can bet everything you own that the moment word got out that this immigration package was in the offing, thousands and thousands prepared to mobolize. Failure to secure our border IMMEDIATELY is the biggest mistake our country could make! There will be the biggest rush of the border anyone has ever seen, if it hasn't started already. Ladies, get out the good china, cause guess who's coming to dinner!

Yes, Legal...I do know exactly how you feel! I see it happening before my eyes everyday, too! And while I know that neither you nor I are giving up, it is frustrating, nonetheless, seeing our country being taken over right before us!

I go shopping at a major grocery store and hear ads broadcast over the PA in Spanish! I go to a major department store and hear Mexican music being played! I go to buy a hamburger, sub*** sandwich...even Chinese food and I see nothing but Latinos cooking and serving the food! And it isn't just limited to that...it is everywhere!

Our counrty is transforming into a thrid world country!! I have been to Mexico, Ecuado, Venezuela, Chile, Argentina, India, China, Indonesia, Philippines, Kenya, Uganda, and I have seen there what I am seeing happening here...vendors at stop lights trying to sell their wares to those in cars, open air markets in our parks, Swapmeets that look more like the streets of Tijuana, driving skills that treat the laws of the road as "suggestions", disregard for public cleanliness as trash is thrown on the ground even when standing next to a trash can, urinating in public, graffitti on private and public property, residences with 2 to three families living in them...not to mention the increase of violent crime, drugs and drunkeness..and I can go on and on!

So, YES, Legal...I do understand how you feel, because I feel that way at times, too! And I find myself feeling that way most when I have fought the hardest for that particular week! But that is a normal thing we all go through if we are honest with ourselves! Does that mean that we are weak, less willing to get back into the battle, or loosing our enthusiasm for the cause of our fight? Absolutely not! It is just a naural human response after a burst of human energy (physical, mental and/or emotional) has been spent!

When I find myself feeling like that, I try to remind myself why I am feeling that way...because I just gave 'em hell!! Then step back a bit and celebrate the victories of the day or week...yours and those fighting with you!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast