Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Believe it or not English is the official language in Florida. Now if they would only enforce it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why is it that no other ethnic group has cryed foul or shenanigans (sp) about their native language not being available in stores and/or government websites, etc.? Is it because they truly come to the U.S. to become and American and NOT turn it into a second version of their "homeland" or is something else? I understand that the spanish speaking population probably outnumbers other foreign language speaking groups combined but, I would think someone would make a push for their ethnicity having more "recognition".
    NOBAMA 2012!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mealso
    Why is it that no other ethnic group has cryed foul or shenanigans (sp) about their native language not being available in stores and/or government websites, etc.? Is it because they truly come to the U.S. to become and American and NOT turn it into a second version of their "homeland" or is something else? I understand that the spanish speaking population probably outnumbers other foreign language speaking groups combined but, I would think someone would make a push for their ethnicity having more "recognition".
    The other ethnic groups are small minorities with little to no pro-support leaders, compared to Hispanics.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by domack
    I do speak it and I don't mind if friends are speaking it's fun to speak it like GWB. I get pissed if an invader or some other rude a-hole is doing it to be rude then (MOD EDIT).
    Now now, Drama, be nice... we can't talk about hurting people here <G>.

(MOD EDIT)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesGarfield
    Quote Originally Posted by domack
    I do speak it and I don't mind if friends are speaking it's fun to speak it like GWB. I get pissed if an invader or some other rude a-hole is doing it to be rude then (MOD EDIT).
    Now now, Drama, be nice... we can't talk about hurting people here <G>.

(MOD EDIT) .

Good one!

Banned
    Believe me not understanding anything they say is probably better for us.
    Because if we knew what they were saying, we'd probably be very, upset!

Quote Originally Posted by strugglingcitizen
    Believe me not understanding anything they say is probably better for us.
    Because if we knew what they were saying, we'd probably be very, upset!
    As if we're not already upset about what they're DOING without OUR saying.
    ------------------------

Multiculturalism is a failed experiment in the U.S. Illegal Aliens who snuck across the border have no intention of assimilating into American life. They will not relinquish their culture. It's quite obvious if one looks around and sees the illegal cockfights, dog fighting, clusters of stores that cater only to hispanics, Mexican flags, Mexican music blaring from cars and last but not least, the incessant chattering in Spanish!!

I WILL NEVER PUSH "ONE" FOR SPANISH!! I AM SICK OF IT!!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

I've spoken Spanish most of my life and why would that be?
    It was MANDATORY that we had to have six years of Spanish in our public schools when I was in elementary and middle school.
    I do not go out of my way to speak it. But, I must say that I thoroughly enjoy being able to understand every word that I hear spoken about me by people who assume that I'm just another gringa who doesn't speak Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Emanon
    Well,

With the new house controlled by the republicans maybe it would be a good time to PUSH making English the Official language. I can't imagine Obama "veto'ing" it.

This might be a good first step in getting things back on track.
    Four years ago Arizona had a vote on whether to make English the official state language or not and it went through. However, I can't see any difference. It is exactly the same as it was before the vote, even at the elementary school my daughter goes to they provide translators for all of the parents. It is as if the law is as good as the paper it is written on.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast