Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Do you hire illegal aliens?

I just got out of church and drove by the neighborhood car wash. i wanted a car wash, but hesitated to go in. i wondered to myself whether some of the polishers were illegal (they are, for the most part Hispanic). so instead of driving in, i went home and called information to get their phone number.

the 411 service kindly connected me and i stated that i was a previously satisfied customer and was in need of a wash. i then politely asked the nice receptionist if there were any illegal aliens employeed there. she hesitated at first, no doubt she doesn't get asked that question all that often.

She then said "no, we don't, and furthermore we would never do such a thing." i thanked her for her time and said i would be right in.

What just happened? i got my point across, politely, and respectfully, while assuring myself that i wasn't supporting illegal aliens with my money.

No doubt that receptionist will mention this call to her supervisor, among others, that maybe hiring illegals might not be a good idea.

Note to self: from now on when i wish to purchase a product or service, i will enquire as to whether said product or service is owned, operated or relies upon illegal aliens for it's labor. perhaps, some of these business's would catch on quick that relying on illegal labor does in fact have consequences other than giving them an unfair advantage over their competitors who are operating under the law.

"Perhaps we do have a voice after all
    ." what if we start asking; and then hundreds of thousands of potential customers started asking (politely of course) whether the business or company they were considering patronizing is employing illegal aliens?

Simple question. simple answer. yes, or no.

Nothing get's the attention of a business or company more, than the thought of missing a sale (it's makes them bonkers.) (trust me on this one. i've been a commissioned salesperson for most of my life.)

EX: "with all due respect, do you hire illegal aliens?" there. that wasn't so hard, was it?

Say no to giant missile parades. i'm off to the carwash.

have a nice day

Very good. I also ask anyone that comes to my home to do wok that they do not have illegal aliens working for them. I get my point across to them.

I even wrote a letter to my insurance company"ALLSTATE" since I notice Spanish in their information and also that they contribute to "MEXICAN SOCCER TEAMS" What? Mexican Soccer teams. WHY?

I also made a comment to the manager in a Lowe's store since I am getting oh so tired of having all the signs not only in English but Spanish as well. You know who is paying the extra money for thiose signs?

If we are a nation of immigrants,why is it that Spanish is the only other language you generally see on all other containers and brochures and ads and anything else you see? Again,this is America and English is our language and has been for years.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Good one wayneman! Good one! The simplicity of genius is just astounding sometimes. Having the courage to do it is different. Most people are taught not to make any waves, and just be a "go along guy" and not buck the system. So it's an effort at first.

But as you found, it isn't hard to do, and they answered your question to your satisfaction.

Good job Sir!

thank's hylander

it wasn't hard at all and, furthermore, it felt great! nothing like expressing your feelings openly and honestly to feel better about your self.

Looking forward to do it again.

What's the worse thing that could happen?

They reply, "yes we do." ?

Then you simply say, thanks for sharing and walk the Hell away!

p.s. did you know that Progressive insurance is progressive?

Good job Wayneman

I too check co.'s I suspect hire IA's when doing business.I ask if they use E-Verify,for 2 reason: 1. Some businesses don't know much about E-verify so I get to educate them.
    2. It puts them in a position where if they E-Verify I know they probably are not giving jobs to IA's.If you just ask if they hire IA's instead of do you use E-verify 9 times out of 10 you will get a "no we do not hire IA's" even if they do since they apparently don't care if they do not use E-Verify to make sure their workforce is legal.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

E-Verify!!! Something For You [b]And [/b]Me!

vereee interesting USPatriot. i'm likin what i'm hearin. i'm likin what i'm hearin.

just got back from carwash. i don't know what went on behind the scenes, but my car got toweled off by a man in a $1500 Armani suit!

ok. NOW.....i'm pulling your leg.

BY THE WAY. GOTTA SEE GLENN BECK SPEAK OUT AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION ON BILL O'REILLY'S "THE FACTOR" TODAY ON FOX!!![/b]

THIS IS A MUST SEE.

E-VERIFY ETC., ETC., ETC., OBAMA'S POKE, POKE, POKING AND TAUNTING US? (GO FOR IT? ) What's "go for it mean?" "GO FOR IT LIKE IN "if you don't like my HC bill, you can SHOVE IT and if you don't LIKE THAT i'll sic the FBI on you and you won't be very happy?"- GO FOR IT?
    JUST LIKE I HAVE BEEN SAYING, AMNESTY IS THE NEXT ISSUE TO BE JAMMED DOWN OUR THROAT!!!

don't let it happen.

Re: E-Verify!!! Something For You [b]And [/b]Me!

Quote Originally Posted by wayneman
    vereee interesting USPatriot. i'm likin what i'm hearin. i'm likin what i'm hearin.

just got back from carwash. i don't know what went on behind the scenes, but my car got toweled off by a man in a $1500 Armani suit!

ok. NOW.....i'm pulling your leg.

Actually I would believe they were wearing an Armani Suit...An Illegal Armani knock off suit.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Re: Do you hire illegal aliens?

Quote Originally Posted by wayneman
    I just got out of church and drove by the neighborhood car wash. i wanted a car wash, but hesitated to go in. i wondered to myself whether some of the polishers were illegal (they are, for the most part Hispanic). so instead of driving in, i went home and called information to get their phone number.
    There is not a car wash/detail shop in Houston that is not using illegal alien labor. That is why we was our cars in the drive way.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

BECK GLENN ON ILLEGAL AMNESTY

BEING PERFECTLY CLEAR ON ILLEGAL ALIENS:

OBAMA THROWS DOWN THE GAUNLET!

GOTTA SEE TO BELIEVE!

FIRST OBAMACARE. NOW OBAMNESTY

CNN: FAREED ZAKARIA's GPS- WITH MEXICO'S PRESIDENT PRESIDENT CALDERON - "I'm working really hard to create jobs."
    In other words: "Illegal immigration is OKIE DOKIE with me," says Calderon!

Hear the word from the main man himself -Mexico's President Calderon

WWW.CNN.COM/GPS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast