Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Does this bother anyone else

I feel like latinification of America is being forced on me. The schools say they will teach bilingual, what they really mean is spanish.

The census commercials are all in spanish, and target latinos.

then tonight, all I wanted to do was sit and watch a lakers game, the commercials are in spanish to celebrate latino heritage, and they are wearing jerseys that say los lakers.

it just seems I cant enjoy anything in english anymore.....maybe I am just irritable, but what happens if they pass amnesty, do I lose all my english speaking television stations ?

seems like a small thing, but its getting annoying

Re: Does this bother anyone else

Quote Originally Posted by sdbrit68
    I feel like latinification of America is being forced on me. The schools say they will teach bilingual, what they really mean is spanish.

then tonight, all I wanted to do was sit and watch a lakers game, the commercials are in spanish to celebrate latino heritage, and they are wearing jerseys that say los lakers.

it just seems I cant enjoy anything in english anymore.....maybe I am just irritable, but what happens if they pass amnesty, do I lose all my english speaking television stations ?

if you can't appreciate the deflowering of America, you're in the right place.

welcome aboard sailor.

The Canadian border is only 10 miles from my Uncle's place, and you go into the stores and stuff is in english and spanish. One would think that Canada being next door, and people come over from Ontario to shop ya' know, and if they were going to label it wouldn't it be better in english and french? At least here anyways. In that respect I don't mind accomodating the Canadians, because they have things labelled in english and french on their side. So reciprocating the courtesy doesn't bother me like that.

I was at a store the other day and I kept noticing that everytime I saw something on a shelf the label was in Spanish. If I picked it up and turned it around, I could eventually find the English label, but sometimes it appeared to me they were placing less emphasis or making the English text look smaller. Sometimes with the combination of Spanish and French on a label I give up looking for English. Now I am seeing Portuguese show up on some products and even Hindu alphabet text.

Sdbrit68, I am glad that you are using your eyes. The fact that you are here shows that you are also using your brain.

If you are annoyed and pissed it also shows that you are in touch with your feelings.

More and more we all need to express ourselves and that will show others that they are not alone and that this problem must be delt with.

Case in point, on another blog which I frequent which is about the California realestate bubble www.doctorhousingbubble.com ,I started writing about how a big part of the problem in real estate is the huge number of illegal aliens that recieved subprime loans and are now defaulting. It ended up getting a record number of posts and replies. Some people were shocked to bring up the subject and the connection, a few called me a scum bag and a racist, but over half agreed with me. I noticed that in later posts on the blog people started to feel more comfortable expressing the problems associated with the Illegal aliens.

One thing to remember most people agree with our position, but are just too afraid to bring up their feeling publicly, as they are intimidated by being called a racist.

When I was called a scumbag and a racist by a couple of the posters. It hurt at first, but I held to my position didn't back down, and in the end I showed them that I wasn't a crazy racist, but instead that I was well informed, and factual. Then quite a few of the others felt more comfortable to chime in with their opinions that agreed with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by greginLA
    Case in pointSome people were shocked to bring up the subject and the connection, a few called me a scum bag and a racist, but over half agreed with me.
    The 'racist' argument is the easiest for someone to go to, and usually shows that they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. It also shows the racist assumptions they make on their part--that you're only talking about illegals of certain ethnicities. I live in NY and there are plenty of white illegal aliens here, and I throw them in the same lot as I do IA's from anywhere else. Criminals are criminals.

Small thing? Not in the least, my friend. Hearing and seeing spanish every time I go out is one of the biggest things that bother me about IA's being here. It does not seem to bother them (or a lot of legal American hispanics) that speaking a language other than that of the country they reside in is RUDE.

I dated someone from Sweden once. One night we went out with some other Swedish friends. Since I did not speak the language, they all spoke English around me out of respect. I was pretty impressed with that!

Yes, it is quite annoying because it feels like it is being shoved down our throats and personally, I resent it. I'm not saying one should lose thier culture - just show some common courtesy to others around them. Oh yeah, and could they talk any LOUDER out in public??
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

sicntired.....

you noticed that too, why do they speak at the top of their lungs, especially on cell phoes

with the state being broke, I do not understand why we spend the money to print everything in spanish, we need to nickle and dime our budget down

I remember a ball game, where they did the national anthem in spanish

I've gotten to the point where I will say "speak English" under my breath as I walk by one jabbering away in spanish.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I sat waiting in a medical clinic for an MRI last week. there was a family of four waiting too. one (mother) and three little kids. i never heard a word of English. not from the mother, not from the kids. they obviously felt that speaking English wasn't all that important since everything now comes in Spanish. go figure.

p.s. it kinda pissed me off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast