Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote:I think another thing is that people in upper incomes don't come in contact with illegal aliens, at least not like you and I do. Quote:

Correct, the divide between rich/poor/working class grows deeper
    each year, the glass bubble folks simply live in a different country
    and no doubt our leaders are part of this group which is simply why
    they don't listen to the people.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

"It's logical that those who benefit from illegal aliens would support their presence in this country."

I agree!!

Plus, they are not in the direct competition for jobs, social services, etc.---as those from middle/lower income levels.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

The big brass who exploit illegal aliens for CHEAP labor have a SOFTER attitude on illegal immigration ONLY because they do NOT have to ENDURE illegals DAILY like the REST of us do! Besides, I have NOT heard of a SINGLE one of these two-faced upper crust EVER inviting ONE illegal worker employed by them as maid, nanny, pet sitter, landscaper, or whatnot to THEIR estates for a PARTY, DINNER, BARBECUE, SWIM, or some other such social or entertainment event!

I think all of you said it extremely well, the middle class or poor are living with it everyday, we see our property taxes raising our house payments faster than we can keep up, We see hospitals closing and wonder where are we going to go when we get sick or our children, everything Americans have built is being torn asunder.

The wealthy don't see it and congress is oblivious as to what is happening in middle America, honestly I don't think they think it is as bad as we say.

We should send pictures like what Fedupinwakegan posted, they would not believe those were towns in America and not Mexico.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PLEASE TAKE ACTION!!!!
    STOP THE MEXICAN TRUCKS and NO DRIVERS LICENSE FOR ILLEGALS
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-90780.html
    HELP GLENN BECK "60 DAYS IN LARADO"
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-90778.html
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC Please Contribute!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    Contact Info...Senators, Representatives & USEFUL INFORMATION
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=384761
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

We may be being a little hard on "the rich", as we're calling them!!

Let's all keep in mind, that most wealthy people have worked very hard in order to get where they are today. But we work hard too, and not everyone seems to be able to become "wealthy". But, that's not the point.

THERE ARE wealthy people who DO understand the dilemmas facing the average U.S. citizen, and who are guided by principles and values in accordance with the American way, and who would never hire an illegal alien, and who do "care" about and understand the effects their actions can have on average, hard-working Americans.

But, I think what we are trying to say is that WAY TOO MANY people are gaining their wealth at the sake of the American middle and lower middle class and poverty level Americans.

That's the sad part.

And they are backed by our president and our president is backed by them.

I just don't want any wealthy person who is doing right by our country to think that we feel this way about them. If you care about the citizens of our country and abide by our laws, and pay attention to what is happening to your fellow citizens, and believe them when they ask elected officials for help, and understand that most, but not all people who put their lives on the line to protect our country are from the lower middle class, then you deserve our respect, and best wishes for your continued success.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wealthy people soon forget what it as like to be poor, if the ever were.

I don't blame them, who wants to remember that? It does not make them evil.

They just don't have the same motivations once they are rich, everyone is out for themselves first.

Not all wealthy made it from working hard, Some just know the right people.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Agreed, the amount of money you have or do not have is not the way to judge a persons character. The original question was as much about whether I was seeing something that wasn't there. It does show to an extent though, that people tend to base their views on their own experiences, and how an issue affects them.

The wealthy class doesn't have to compete with illegals for jobs,while the working class people are on the frontlines of illegal low wage competition.

wmb1957,

I take the time and opportunity to discuss the subject of illegal immigration with people of all races and income levels. My personal experience is that as indicated by many others here, people at the wealthier end of the income scale are either unconcerned over the problem or actually profitting from it and so in favor of it not only continuing but expanding.

People in the mid-range on the scale realize they are being tapped to fund programs which prop up the illegal invasion and are fed up with the waste of money and the damage being done to their communities. They also appear to (in growing numbers) have an eye on the future as it relates to diminishing influence in the political realm resulting from the aging of anchor babies and the apathetic response at the polls of US citizens. There is also the looming fiscal obligation to the "baby-boomers" weighing heavily on the minds of the middle class.

The third group, the folks at the lower end of the scale which includes those at or below poverty level appears to be completely ignorant of the problem, or enraged by it, depending on the source of information they are exposed to. Many have no clue how it affects them individually, or as a community. The facts on the issue tend to escape them, and all that filters down into that segment of society appears to be the most dazzling of headlines which often goes unexplained or misrepresented. Given the large and growing number of folks in this third category, I think it prudent that attention should be focused on educating and mobilizing them in an effort to combat illegal immigration, particularly since they are actually the most directly and immediately affected.

Even in the gated communities, public opinion towards illegal immigration has started to change. Here's an anecdotal example:

My dad is a very successful businessman who shared my ambivalent attitude towards illegal immigration before the illegal invasion reached critical mass. He founded his own company 25 years ago and expanded it into several neighboring states. During the last couple years, he's lost a lot of contracts to competitors that use illegal slave labor. My dad's lower level employees make $50,000 per year with benefits that include free healthcare, 6% 401K match, company car, car insurance, and a gas card, whereas his competitors' employees make $30,000 per year and get no benefits. Do the math.

IMO, the reason why the debate regarding illegal immigration has reached critical mass is because the illegal invasion has finally hit state/local governments, the middle class, and the "new money" upper class in their pocketbooks. The closing hospitals, lower standard of living, and overcrowded jails and schools, are only a symptom of the real problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast