Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    Ok I buy that last Author Message
    JuniusJnr
    I know that there has been Mexican Trucker protest on the bridge due to inspections and not enough lanes opened...
    Thanks everyone for the input...I worry when my husband is down there cause it is a powder keg!
    I don't know about the southern border, but we use to prepare export papers for trucks going to Canada. If all the paperwork was done correctly and faxed from our shipping point, to the border, the trucker could more easily cross the border. Perhaps calling ahead & presviously having faxed the export papers, speeds up the border crossing ?

Just a guess.

Ok...my husband just called and they have arrows pointing to big tent with the words "Modulla Paisano"...only word I can translate is paisano meaning pasano=compatriot...but the parking lot is full of American cops...not border patrol... and not one person is pulling in.... sheezzz
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Ok...my husband just called and they have arrows pointing to big tent with the words "Modulla Paisano"...only word I can translate is paisano meaning pasano=compatriot...but the parking lot is full of American cops...not border patrol... and not one person is pulling in.... sheezzz
    You're right on Paisano...'friends'

Modulla is the same in both English and Spanish. Is it the name of the location he is at?

Interestingly, another translator tells me English for Paisano is "Countrymen" being of the same country.

from http://babelfish.altavista.com

Modulla Paisano
    Modulla Of the same country

Quote Originally Posted by dragons5
    from http://babelfish.altavista.com

Modulla Paisano
    Modulla Of the same country
    Yes, but what does Modulla stand for?

Unless it's not spelled correctly...Modula in spanish means 'modulate', i.e., vary the pitch, adjust the frequency?

well isn't it special...what it is ...is a special info center by American law enforcement for those traveling home to Mexico for the holiday's..
    it is not for Americans....???wonder what kinda info???maybe they get a gift pack full of new identity paperwork or how to avoid detection?
    Hummmm...I just wonder if the Mexican Law enforcement have a special info center for Americans traveling home back to the US for the Holidays...sheezzzzz
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

well isn't it special...what it is ...is a special info center by American law enforcement for those traveling home to Mexico for the holiday's..
    it is not for Americans....???wonder what kinda info???maybe they get a gift pack full of new identity paperwork or how to avoid detection?
    Hummmm...I just wonder if the Mexican Law enforcement have a special info center for Americans traveling home back to the US for the Holidays...sheezzzzz
    Ha...reminds me of those little cards 'some' folks get for handing to the cops when they get stopped. You know...'I've got friends in high places"....probably the same thing....only its a card they give 'em that says, 'Ya'll can come back, jest ANY time".

Calling center

I called and spoke in spanish with a lady that says that by calling the number people can get information with regard to travel in Mexico. It is called the " Guia Paisano" Guia means Guide. So "Guia Paisano" is what you would could say is a friendly name given to this phone travel service. It is not mandatory that people call this number just a courtesy service. Hope this helps.

Ok, so it's an information center. Now my question is, who is paying for it, since it is sitting on this side of the border?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast