Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Don’t reward immigrants

Don’t reward immigrants

To the Editor:

As an American citizen and military veteran, I take great exception to the words of Alfonso Aguilar, chief of citizenship for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security.

In his recent address to the American Legion convention, he told veterans that America desperately needed foreign workers because American families were not having enough children to provide an adequate workforce. He implied that Americans are old and tired, and that America must have an infusion of young immigrants to remain viable. This is why the Bush administration is pushing to turn illegal aliens into guest workers and citizens through yet another amnesty.

Thank goodness the legion strongly opposes rewarding illegal immigration as the president and some members of Congress advocate.

Richard Brook

Harvard

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2007/0 ... 782136.txt
    ~~~~~

Comments left so far:

matt22 wrote on March 17, 2007 9:16 AM:
    "the Legion should have kicked Aguilar off the stage when he was spewing his biased spin on illegal immigration. oh, excuse me. i'll rephrase that... just 'immigration'."

elderslie wrote on March 17, 2007 9:57 AM:
    "Wouldn't it be ironic if Alfonso Aguilar were actually an illegal. Has anybody bothered to check his status?"

alan wrote on March 17, 2007 10:12 AM:
    "At the request of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce the Bush Administration in the first days in power stopped a program put in place by Clinton that the IRS tracked quarterly statements from businesses. The program consisting of 5 employees tracked mismatched names and social security numbers. Simple, if the info didn't match, the employer had until the next quarter to fix or the employee could no longer be on the payroll. This stopped about a million illegals from working in this country. No work no stay. But face it, these are the same folks who hate minimum wage, unions, pensions, social security, unemployment benefits and apparently the middle class in general. Funny, we talk about illegal immigration, but NEVER mention ILLEGAL EMPLOYERS."

alan wrote on March 17, 2007 10:14 AM:
    "Stopped a million illegals each year from working .. Sorry"

ProgressiveIsTheWay wrote on March 17, 2007 1:26 PM:
    "alan - you've got the right idea. I said before that if you put the employers in jail for hiring illegals, other employers will stop hiring them and they will move on. And as far as the Bush administration goes, and I don't care if it's Bush or Aguila, you can't trust what they tell you. Their motives are nothing but self-serving. BTW, Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Explain the economy of China. They only have two children (they only replace the population) but they are economically sound.

Looks like someone doesn't have a degree in economics but speaks as an authority.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Don’t reward immigrants

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    He implied that Americans are old and tired, and that America must have an infusion of young immigrants to remain viable.
    We are tired (and old)!
    Because we are forced to carry and unfair tax burden and SSI burden given caused by non Americans who raid and exhaust our system. How many American women put off having children until their 30's so that they can work and become financially secure first? They are trying to pay for the poor of the world and then save enough so that they won't have to abuse the system themselves. I supposed that kind of American self responsibility is outdated in today's victim and entitlement mentality.

April
    He implied that Americans are old and tired, and that America must have an infusion of young immigrants to remain viable. This is why the Bush administration is pushing to turn illegal aliens into guest workers and citizens through yet another amnesty
    What a load of !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by April
    He implied that Americans are old and tired, and that America must have an infusion of young immigrants to remain viable. This is why the Bush administration is pushing to turn illegal aliens into guest workers and citizens through yet another amnesty
    What a load of !!!!
    Don't look at me , I have done my share and then some to help keep up the population in the USA. Difference is Americans work and support there offspring,We don't go sneak into another country and sponge, make demands,and then insult that country.

Alien Invaders do not confuse compassion with weakness, you have pissed off the most powerful country the world has ever known.
    When you freebees are taken away and theres no more jobs to steal we
    will hear you whine all the way back to that third world rat hole you dug under the fence. the tide is turning on the hispanic wave.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Many of us "old" people still work and contribute. May not be as physically active as I once was but my mind is still good and I can do alot of work with it. But I sure don't want to pay for children of illegals, don't want to continue to pay for foreign aid for countries that don't like us, and I sure don't people that social security which I have contributed to for years is going to be spent on illegals.

In his recent address to the American Legion convention, he told veterans that America desperately needed foreign workers because American families were not having enough children to provide an adequate workforce.
    Let's see, the government taxes us to death to pay for all the services used by illegals. Health care costs are astronomical if you don't get free health care like the illegals do. It's no wonder most American families can't afford to have more children. Then there's this little thing that most Americans practice, called 'personal responsibility', by having only as many children as they can afford to raise and care for. Not only that, American citizens don't need to crank out masses of anchor babies to use as pawns to allow them to stay here after they have been given deportation orders. Sound familiar Elvira, you church sanctuary scamming, law breaking, ID stealing, mutliply deported, illegally re-entering anchor baby spewer?

If taxpayers didn't have to foot the bills for the masses of illegal aliens, their imported relatives and millions of anchor babies they just might have more children. In any case, regardless of whether we do need more people in this country to sustain our future, what makes this idiot think that we need them from third world helloles like Mexico? The reason countries like Mexico are so fouled up is because they are full of these lowlife, illiterate, uneducated baby spewers. What will this country look like in 30 years if continue to allow masses of ignorant, prolific breeding, non-English speaking illegals to ruin this it? We will be in the same position as Mexico, then all the Mexicans will have to start moving to Cananda to find a new place to destroy.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Explain the economy of China. They only have two children (they only replace the population) but they are economically sound.

Looks like someone doesn't have a degree in economics but speaks as an authority.

Dixie
    http://www.ajc.com/search/content/share ... o_Sex.html

Check out this article about Japan. They are being very careful. I, myself would have had more children than I did, but I couldn't afford to do so. Some people don't care about the consequences of affording children, as you can see from certain groups of people who have one right after the other, without any thought about financial or family planning. They just figure that SOMEONE ELSE IS GOING TO PICK UP THE TAG- from maternity on and on througout adulthood.

I would hope the American Legion,V.F.W.,and other patriotic organizations will at some time come out officially in support of legal Americans and against the illegal invasion of our borders.I would think the rank and file would be on our side of the issue.I hope so anyway.

How about sending ALL our illegal aliens to Japan in the empty crates from China that are piling up in our ports because they do not buy our products?

If there are still anything made in the USA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast