Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Donald Trump is More Popular Now, His Approval Rating Crossing A Major Threshold ....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Donald Trump is More Popular Now, His Approval Rating Crossing A Major Threshold ....

Donald Trump is More Popular Now, His Approval Rating Crossing A Major Threshold In Multiple Polls

By Tim Marcin On 6/29/17 at 2:57 PM

U.S.
    Donald Trump
    Trump approval rating
    Polls

It has been mostly bad PR for Donald Trump on Thursday. He, of course, brought it on himself when he tweeted insults at television host Mika Brzezinski. But the president did notch himself a minor victory.

His approval rating across a number of polls showed he was at or above 40 percent, which isn’t exactly stellar but represents an improvement nonetheless. Trump has been a remarkably unpopular president and has spent much of his tenure wallowing well below where his predecessors stood at the same points in their first term. Just this week Trump lost the title of least popular president when he eked past Gerald Ford’s rating at the same marker in his first term.

Four approval-rating surveys were released Thursday: Quinnipiac University, USA Today/Suffolk University, Rasmussen Reports and Gallup.

Quinnipiac had Trump at 40 percent approval, with 55 percent disapproval, his best rating in the survey since late April. It was not all good news, however, since voters largely still thought he had a number of undesirable traits for a leader.

“A bump, not a jump, in approval for President Donald Trump, who is still mired in awful numbers on leadership, honesty and empathy,” Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University poll, said in a statement.

USA Today/Suffolk pegged Trump at 42 percent approval and 53 percent disapproval. Gallup, which had the president at 35 percent approval over the weekend, now has Trump at 40 percent approval and 56 percent disapproval. Rasmussen Reports—a right-leaning firm that has often found Trump’s approval to be higher than most other polls—found Trump’s approval stood at 45 percent with 55 disapproving, which actually represented a small decline from earlier in the week.

The weighted average from data-focused site FiveThirtyEight, meanwhile, had Trump’s approval skating right up to the edge of 40 percent, pegging it at 39.9 percent Thursday afternoon. The FiveThirtyEight average, which adjusts for polls’ quality, recency, sample size and partisan lean, had the president’s disapproval at 54.1 percent. The RealClearPolitics average, meanwhile, had Trump at 40.2 percent approval and 54 percent disapproval.

Ahead of Thursday, a number of recent polls had found the president’s approval rating hovered around the high 30s. An NPR/PBS/Marist poll released just Wednesday, for instance, found Trump’s approval rating stood at 38 percent with 53 percent disapproving.

But while hitting an average of about 40 percent is a big milestone for the president, it’s worth noting he’s still quite unpopular compared with the folks who came before him in the White House. For instance, while Trump had an approval rating of 40 percent in the Gallup survey Thursday, the same polling firm had former President Barack Obama at 60 percent approval at about this time in his first term.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump...d-polls-630150
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member 6 Million Dollar Man's Avatar
    And he'll be even more popular if he starts keeping the promises he made during his campaign. I'm sure his numbers are low because people like me who voted for him are frustrated that he hasn't done anything yet on what he promised to do. And his numbers will plummet if he doesn't act on his promises.

He went up to 46% yesterday on the Rasmussen Poll. A week or so ago he had climbed to 50% on that one, then concern over the Senate Health Care Bill flopping, pushed it back down. Rasmussen is a daily poll on a several day average so it fluctuates with the daily news almost like the stock market.
    Last edited by Judy; 06-30-2017 at 07:34 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Build the wall. Increase interior enforcement. Promptly deport the illegals found by increased interior enforcement. He has to do these things minimum to get my vote next time.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Senior Member 6 Million Dollar Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz View Post
    Build the wall. Increase interior enforcement. Promptly deport the illegals found by increased interior enforcement. He has to do these things minimum to get my vote next time.
    This is almost a mirror of my demands if he wants my vote next time. My demands are:

1. Build the wall.
    2. Deport ALL illegals here in the U.S.
    3. Immediately terminate the job stealing NAFTA.

Pretty simple. This is what he promised and this is what I expect.

We need to end the ANCHOR BABY scam now!

That goes for women coming here from all around the World to these tourist birthing centers...shut this down.

Give them a "Certificate of Child Born Abroad". No citizenship, no benefits, no rights!!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

MW
    Trump's failure to keep his prominent promise to end DACA immediately upon his election has me questioning his sincerity on many issues where immigration is concerned. We'll see how it goes, but his failure to keep his DACA promise has made me less excited about his presidency.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn