Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Donald Trump Threatens To Sue Media Outlets, ‘Open Up’ Libel Laws: ‘With Me, They’re

Donald Trump Threatens To Sue Media Outlets, ‘Open Up’ Libel Laws: ‘With Me, They’re Not Protected’

by JORDAN SCHACHTEL
    26 Feb 2016
    554 comments

Donald Trump is going after the media, threatening to sue publications for writing negatively about him.

During a Friday rally in Texas, Trump launched into a monologue about how he felt that the media was treating him unfairly, alleging that the New York Times and Washington Post, in particular, were not covering him well.

“The New York Times, which is losing a fortune, which is a failing newspaper, which probably won’t be around much longer … but I think the New York Times is one of the most dishonest media outlets I’ve ever seen in my life,” the businessman said. “They have an agenda that you wouldn’t believe.”

“If I become president, oh, do they have problems. They’re gonna have such problems,” Trump said.

He added:

"One of the things I’m gonna do, and this is only gonna make it tougher for me, and I’ve never said this before, but one of the things I’m gonna do if I win … is I’m gonna open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money. We’re gonna open up those libel laws."

"So that when the New York Times writes a hit piece which is a total disgrace, or when the Washington Post … writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money, instead of having no chance of winning because they’re totally protected."

Trump continued his speech, threatening to roll back the media’s First Amendment protections in the Constitution.

“With me, they’re not protected, because I’m not like other people… We’re gonna open up those libel laws, folks, and we’re gonna have people sue you like you never got sued before,” he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...not-protected/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, after a New York Times reported suggested Trump's campaign should be brought to an end via assassination like at the end of the movie Dead Zone... cant say I blame Trump for thinking of fighting them with any tool he can!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)