Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Don't Be Disheartened There Are Positives In This

NumbersUSA gives us reason to be encouraged. We will prevail.

THE GOOD NEWS IN TONIGHT'S LOSS

Our motto for 10 years has been that we fight every battle to win so that even when we lose we win something.

Rosemary Jenks, our Director of Government Relations, insists that I tell you that she thinks you did a fantastic job and this vote is very encouraging.

Here's why:

* Our allies in the U.S. House have tried to pass this amendment against sanctuary cities for several years. The amendment lost overwhelmingly the first couple of years and only finally passed this year. Tonight was the very first try in the Senate, and the amendment almost passed!

* The entire leadership of one of the Parties was on our side. For 20 years, the leadership of the Republican Party has been lukewarm to our concerns or, in the case of the last several years, openly hostile. So, the united Republican leadership was a very positive sign, and certainly accounted for such a strong Republican vote in our favor.

* Most of the Republicans who last year and last spring were part of the dozen open-border stalwarts in the Party ended up voting with us against sanctuary policies. Particularly gratifying was to see the support we got from these hard-to-get Senators: McCain (Ariz.), Brownback (Kan.), Martinez (Fla.), Bennett (Utah), Lott (Miss.), McConnell (Ky.), Voinovich (Ohio), Coleman (Minn.) These Senators have changed on this vote (some last June) because those of you in their states have thrown your full efforts into activism to show them the need to change. I don't count on their support in the future. It will come only if you keep the pressure on. But how nice to have it tonight.

* I'm sure that Presidential campaigning kept Senators Clinton and Obama from voting tonight. But I also like the fact that your heavy calling made it so unappealing for them to rush back to the Capitol to cast their usual votes for illegal immigration.

* The open-borders folks didn't come even close to getting 60 votes in defeating our anti-sanctuary amendment. That sends a powerful message that if they try to push through something bad and our allies filibuster, they are unlikely to get the 60 votes necessary to pass something over a filibuster.

START PHONING AGAIN FIRST THING WEDNESDAY --DREAM ACT AMNESTY VOTE MAY BE WEDNESDAY

The Senate now takes up the Labor spending bill.

There remain strong rumors on Capitol Hill today that somebody will try to add the DREAM Act amnesty to the Labor spending bill.

Phone your Senators and tell staffers you are opposed to any consideration of the DREAM Act Amnesty.

Please consult your Action Buffet corkboard for Phone Action Notes about the DREAM Act and for new faxes to send.

Phone 202-224-3121

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO PHONED AND FAXED TODAY.

PLEASE DO IT ALL AGAIN TOMORROW.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'll second the above. It was Tabled with a 52-42 vote (only a simple majority was needed - so they just barely squeaked by with 1 extra vote!)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rock on...Not going to stop
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Thanks, Gogo! I needed this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    I'll second the above. It was Tabled with a 52-42 vote (only a simple majority was needed - so they just barely squeaked by with 1 extra vote!)
    I say they keep bringing it back and attaching it to other bills! Let's do what the dreamies are doing.
    "

Here comes the Dream Act back up again! It's like swatting flies....they just keep coming back! These traitors don't like to have the will of the people forced on them!