Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DREAM Act — REWARDING Crime

According to NumbersUSA:

The DREAM Act allows illegal "teens" to petition for their parents, leading eventually to their aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins:

The big argument for this amnesty is that it is for teenagers who are here illegally because their parents broke the law.
    Please consider this.

The parents break the law (by illegally trespassing into America)...

and the child gets to enjoy the fruits of their parents' crime???

I rob a bank. (Specifically, your bank.)
    My sons get to keep all the money.

People buy that??
    'Tolerance' just means 'Take it!'
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality — but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

It's called law of the jungle . When the good lion sleeps, the bad wildebeast take over .

A "good lion" who sleeps and gets beat by a wussy wildebeast is neither good nor a lion.
    'Tolerance' just means 'Take it!'
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality — but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

Re: DREAM Act — REWARDING Crime

Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck
    According to NumbersUSA:

The DREAM Act allows illegal "teens" to petition for their parents, leading eventually to their aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins:

The big argument for this amnesty is that it is for teenagers who are here illegally because their parents broke the law.
    Please consider this.

The parents break the law (by illegally trespassing into America)...

and the child gets to enjoy the fruits of their parents' crime???

I rob a bank. (Specifically, your bank.)
    My sons get to keep all the money.

People buy that??
    Not only that, they make you Bank President.

working4change
    and you get a promise of a golden parachute incase the position isn't to your liking...

what were the "fruits of their parents' crime" before the bill was introduced?

living in the great fruit of poverty they were unlucky enough to be born in?
    living knowing they will never be able to drive, or go to college, or be able to vote?
    living under watchful angry eyes while fearing immigration officers knocking at your door or picking you off the street?

wait actually, yeah, thats right..that's still happening right now.

and if the kid's brought to America before even being able to walk?

what the hell are they supposed to do in their "home" country when they can't even speak the damn language, when all they know is America.

you would really rob them of that? of their TRUE home. For some of these kids America is their home. Just like you.

Go ahead. Destroy some lives. About 65,000 a year, actually.

Keep in mind these kids will have to prove good moral character, no criminal record, and must have graduated high school, so don't give me any of your "criminal" MOD-EDIT

[b]

I wrote this to my senators and faxed it to them as well as mailed them formal letters on this.
    The Honorable Christopher J. Dodd
    United States Senate
    448 Russell Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510-0702
    Re: Immigration Reform and Consequences of Lack of Enforcement
    To: Senator Dodd:
    Dear Senator,

We have laws that can be enforced and should be. Since Homeland Security is a top priority, we need to be especially vigilant in securing our borders. We do not want any person(s )with the intent to harm us crossing freely without oversight.
    We live daily with terrorist alert levels. Enforcement should be this Congress duty. Securing our Borders is your duty. Ensuring illegal aliens do not enter is your duty.

I think that we should make some changes in our immigration laws. We do need to "import" workers with education, but not ones who will undercut our own work force. American citizens jobs should be of the utmost interest. What we do not need is to "import" more unskilled workers. We should not be allowing immigrants to bring in their adult parents, adult children, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. The family unit should be described as mother, father, minor children. Adults or others can petition for visas on their own. We should not provide all with visas that basically grant permanent status either. There should be term limits.

We also need to address the issue of "anchor babies," something unnecessary. This becomes a "free pass" for illegal aliens. We have too many being born that fall under this and this strains our social services, our hospitals, or schools. It also provides a free ride to benefits to the parents who are in our country illegally. Taxpayers can only "pay" so much. We have our own families to care for and educate. We are generous to a fault as a nation. There also has to be constraints in order to provide these services. We do not have unlimited funds or pocketbooks.

Reform of immigration is not something that should be rushed. It is a complex item that deserves a great deal of input and thought about. It should NOT be AMNESTY EITHER. We are a nation of laws and they have a purpose. Allowing any to break ours, especially foreign nationals is detrimental to the stability of a country. We would be subject to another nations laws if we broke them and most nations today will not tolerate illegal aliens.

All developed nations are under stress from illegal aliens. It is a worldwide problem. We all have to find our way on this issue. Most are getting extremely strict, which a nation needs to do in order to survive and grow. There are No Unlimited Resources Available Anywhere. All resources need to be protected and preserved for future generations and for any nation to survive and prosper.

We need to have immigrants assimilate and become Americans. This means, that their citizenship here rests on their desire to put the USA above their homeland and other nations.

We need to have one language and that is English. We have from our founding days used the English language. I do not care what language someone speaks in the privacy of their own home, but in public, English should be required. We are wasting vast amounts of funds to serve two languages. These people came here, they now need to speak English. If they do not want to assimilate, then they should go to their country of origin. Period.

They must understand that they have to obey our laws, show respect for our flag and traditions. We can serve only one master and their first loyalty must be to the USA. If they cannot then they must return to their own country. We do not need to "import" people who have no interest in preserving our great nation. A true citizen does and will sacrifice to that end.

The USA is unique and made so by her people, her citizens. She is successful, dynamic, generous, innovative, inventive and a source of inspiration to most nations and their people.
    We inspire other nations in their quests. We also do our best in protecting people from harm, not just our nation, but we come to the aid of other nations.

We need to keep value and merit in our citizenship. We need honor and respect in our citizenship. We need for immigrants to earn these privileges and rights. We do not give freely what has been costly to obtain. You give without demanding loyalty, citizenship loses its value. Do not demean our country and her citizens by letting illegal aliens march right in and make demands without any sacrifice or care.

As you can see, Immigration Reform will be painstaking, and difficult but it must be done in the best interests of the USA and her citizens, not the other way around. We are a soverign nation and a "superpower." Such status wasn't given freely, we worked hard to obtain those. Immigrants need to show us what they can offer our country in return for the privilege of citizenship. They must not undermine our laws or people. We are the foundation, they can be building blocks, but within limit. We cannot have unlimited immigration. No country can sustain millions upon millions without sacficing something.

I would appreciate hearing from you and please do not send a form letter. I vote and if I can write you, then courtesy demands you reciprocate without using standard and on file replies.

Since the hours and work year in Congress are very short, I believe that since you are paid for full time work, I expect full time attention.Our government has a responsibility to us who have no homeland to return to if America doesn't work out for us. The decision as to how America will grow should be made by the stakeholders, USA Citizens.

ps I did a plagarism on the part where it starts Our government, hope you don't mind, it was too good to not pass it on.

Quote Originally Posted by anchor
    what were the "fruits of their parents' crime" before the bill was introduced?

living in the great fruit of poverty they were unlucky enough to be born in?
    living knowing they will never be able to drive, or go to college, or be able to vote?
    living under watchful angry eyes while fearing immigration officers knocking at your door or picking you off the street?

wait actually, yeah, thats right..that's still happening right now.

and if the kid's brought to America before even being able to walk?

what the hell are they supposed to do in their "home" country when they can't even speak the damn language, when all they know is America.

you would really rob them of that? of their TRUE home. For some of these kids America is their home. Just like you.

Go ahead. Destroy some lives. About 65,000 a year, actually.

Keep in mind these kids will have to prove good moral character, no criminal record, and must have graduated high school, so don't give me any of your "criminal" bullshit.
    Sorry anchor, but everytime I hear a cry for sympathy, this is what flashes through my mind:

Is it impossible for anyone on the open borders side to accept responsibility for their actions?
    Americans have most likely paid for illegal's kids schooling, healthcare, and God knows what else. Now they want a college education too. Enough is enough. If you are here illegally and going to go to college you should pay top dollar.
    And this is most unfair to legal immigrant students who don't get to pay in-state tution or automatically get a path to citizenship. The Dream Act is a scam, hopefully it will die a quick death.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

I'm getting real tired of this Congress ignoring the will of the people and insisting on legalizing illegals. Come next fall, we'll clean out the garbage.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How sad to see our flag flying the distress signal.

Go away, just go away, and don't come back.

Stop believing the lies of your country's leaders and education system.

Start marching and making demands upon your own country. You want change, you need to do it within your own country. Whoever you leave behind is not benefiting.......nor will the future there be any better, if you citizens of Mexico and elsewhere do not confront your own governments. You want better things, then demand and work for them. Make a better life where you are welcome, where you are at home, we are weary of being your provider and banker. Sure some of you may work hard, but believe me, every immigrant, who has come here, has worked hard. but they came in mostly, I can't say all, legally. Saying you are hard workers, means nothing, you are just doing what everyone else who came here did also. NO kuddos on that kids!

You need to reform your own government. It won't be easy, and probably will put you in harms way, but that's how we did it,we sacrificed and lost lives , but that makes you stronger and makes your country better, knowing you gave all you could to make a better life for all in YOUR COUNTRY.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast