Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The DREAM Act and invaders "with good moral character&q

[b]S. 2205: “Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act of 2007â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Specter replies with "one size fits all spin"

Received a canned email from PA Senator Arlen Specter

I sent him emails on several topics: Dream, Hope, Agjobs, etc and he responded with the same spin for every email:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding immigration. Our immigration system is broken and must be reformed. As the Ranking Member on the Senate Judiciary Committee in the 110 th Congress, I worked tirelessly with my fellow Senators as well as the Secretary of Commerce and the Secretary of Homeland Security to develop a "grand comp romise" regarding immigration. This compromise would have ensured the security of our borders while providing practical solutions regarding the millions of undocumented immigrants already residing within the United States . Unfortunately, the Senate was unable to reach agreement on the legislation in its current form.

Although this legislation has been set aside for now, I continue to believe that the "grand compromise" included many of the elements needed for a solution to our broken immigration system. The legislation made border security a top priority by providing for 20,000 border patrol agents and requiring 700 miles of new fencing along the border. It also provided the resources needed to detain up to 31,500 aliens per day on an annual basis, effectively ending the old "catch and release" program. Importantly, the bill required that all of these border security measures or "triggers" be implemented before any other provision of the comprehensive legislation was begun. Additionally, it provided $4.4 billion in federal funding to help ensure that the enforcement "triggers" were met. The legislation also mandated the development of an effective electronic employment verification system, which would have ensured that employers had the ability to verify the legal status of those they considered hiring.

In addition to the strong approach the comprehensive immigration bill would have taken towards border security, it also included a firm but reasonable approach towards those individuals here illegally. Currently, there are more than 12 million people living in the United States without proper documentation. This legislation required undocumented immigrants to go on "probationary" status and to undergo extensive background checks. If an individual passed the necessary security checks, paid substantial fines, and demonstrated proficiency in English, the individual would have "earned" the privilege to remain in the United States . In order to be eligible to earn that privilege, however, individuals would also have had to return to their home countries and apply through a consulate or an embassy. By requiring immigrants to earn their privilege to permanent legal status, the bill provided a reasonable solution to the country's immigration problems that would have been both tough and fair.

It is also very important for our economy that we create an effective temporary worker program that allows an employer to find a temporary worker when no willing US worker is available. Under the immigration bill, those desiring temporary employment in the United States would have been issued a "Y" visa, which would have been good for two years. Then, the migrant worker would have had to return to his or her home country for a period of one year before being allowed to return back to the United States .

Another important aspect of this bill was the creation of a merit based system for allocating green cards. This new system focused on attracting the immigrants who would make the biggest contributions to our society. The system was designed to reward those who had demonstrated a proficiency in English, had received higher forms of education and other training, and had employment opportunities in the United States . Not only would this practice have strengthened the economy of the United States , but it would have ended the practice of "chain migration," a practice that allows people to immigrate simply by virtue of being related to those who are already here legally.

Again, I thank you for contacting my office. It is my belief that this country is in desperate need of a comprehensive immigration bill to fix our current problems and I hope the Senate is able to eventually agree on a suitable compromise. I will keep in mind your input as we continue to debate immigration. If you have any additional questions on this or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact my office or visit my website at www.specter.senate.gov .

Sincerely,

Arlen Specter
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Specter is a open borders lobbyist, illegal alien hugger and amnesty lover. In other words, a total jerk. Call him tomorrow and give him a piece of your mind.

Blah.blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblaahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbl ahblahblahb

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    Blah.blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblaahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbl ahblahblahb
    Or, as Elaine on Seinfeld would say...yada - yada- yada - yada - yada - yada

[quote](B) the alien has been a person of good moral character since the date of enactment of this Act ;
    Comment: demonstration of ‘good moral character’ SINCE THE DATE OF ENACTMENT OF THE ACT – The sins and crimes of your past and present are erased courtesy of Dick Durbin and his minions! Your crime slate is wiped clean and you only need to be of “good moral characterâ€