Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

DREAM Act Nightmare: Immigration Bill Dies in Senate

December 18, 2010 12:03 PM

ABC News’ Matthew Jaffe reports:

Senate Republicans today shot down the DREAM Act, an immigration measure that would have helped undocumented students who came to the US before age 16 to become legal residents after five years by completing higher education or military service.

The final tally of today’s procedural vote was 55-41, but the measure needed 60 votes to advance.

Senate Republicans argued that the bill amounted to amnesty, that it would impede the enforcement of immigration laws and that it failed to address the larger problem of border security. “Here we are in the final days of a lame-duck, some say dead-duck Congress, considering a bill that would create a major problem to the effective enforcement of immigration laws. People are not happy with us,â€

Durbin emphasized that the measure would have helped millions of young immigrants.
    Hmm. I thought he said there were a few hundred thousand well educated on our dime, extremely intelligent students. Now it's millions? Down payment my cute patoot - through numerous loopholes this act would have amnestied every illegal in the country and turned them into instant Democrats, who would promptly vote themselves more benefits.

BTW, that vote was too darned close.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lisa Murkowski of Alaska
    I had a feeling she was going to vote for it. It was reportd that her first calls on losing her primary were to Obama and Reid.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    Durbin emphasized that the measure would have helped millions of young immigrants.
    Hmm. I thought he said there were a few hundred thousand well educated on our dime, extremely intelligent students. Now it's millions? Down payment my cute patoot - through numerous loopholes this act would have amnestied every illegal in the country and turned them into instant Democrats, who would promptly vote themselves more benefits.

BTW, that vote was too darned close.
    Some Senators did not have to vote after the magic 41 number was reached ....

Sessions is the man!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Every night I pray for the health and well-being of Senator Jeff Sessions.His constant, thoughtful, responsible and true approach to this subject has been consistent, never wavering force for what is right.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Sessions is the man!
    Yes,I really wish that he would run for President of The United States

You'll notice that all of the pro-DREAM Dems showed up to vote. Nothing they're more committed to than erasing this country's borders.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapka
    You'll notice that all of the pro-DREAM Dems showed up to vote. Nothing they're more committed to than erasing this country's borders.
    And we will make sure MANY of them are booted right out of office A.S.A.P.

With W as a coach and you as point guard and a team like this,
    We made the playoffs!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast