Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    WE IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE OR WHAT ?
    Yep been there for quite awhile ...............

Banned
    There are 2 amendments to repeal the 1099 reporting requirement in the health care bill , one of these may or may not be added to the food safety bill , The votes are happening now

Does it get any crazier ?

Anyway , I'm signing off for a bit , I'll check in later , these votes are going to take quite a while

Well, we get to see again who our enemies are within. Shehen (sp?) never missed a vote against the will of the American people. She is one of the last democrats left in New Hampshire and I let her know it! She will have a record of assisting in the down fall of America. Collins, of Maine makes me sick as well.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Quote Originally Posted by kathyet
    SB 510 passed...for today

Kathyet

The FDA have Never done their jobs and yet they will now be given more power over what food we eat.

A sad day for Americans and a Big Happy Day for BIG AGRA !!!!!!!
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

The following was posted regarding the White House conference call regarding the DREAM act.

http://twitter.com/micevhill

(Cecilia) Munoz says that there are more than 50 YES votes for #DREAMAct in Senate but not sure if there are 60 yet.
    about 4 hours ago via Seesmic twhirl

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    The following was posted regarding the White House conference call regarding the DREAM act.

http://twitter.com/micevhill

(Cecilia) Munoz says that there are more than 50 YES votes for #DREAMAct in Senate but not sure if there are 60 yet.
    about 4 hours ago via Seesmic twhirl
    yup
    50 won't get it done

I doubt they will get 60

Keep in mind , if they did , it would only be for cloture , not to pass a bill

THEY DON'T HAVE THE TIME , and we still can fillibuster it into the dust

Banned
    Voting now on the Johanns amend to the food safety bill
    His amend would get rid of the 1099 reporting in the health care bill , Which is very very good in itself

It looks like its going to pass

I noticed that several Republicans voted for S510. I'm thinking this is part of the Republicans stategy because now the bill has to have 30 hours of debate time and for amendments, and that gives the Democrats less time to bring up other controversial issues during the Lame Duck. And the final vote on this bill is the one that counts and a lot of No votes will come out because of amendments the Republicans don't like. So, it's not a done deal yet.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    The repub amend was defeated , it was deficit neutral

They are now voting on the Buccus amend , it will do the same thing as the last amend but it will add 19 billion to the deficit

Are they screwed up or what ?

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I noticed that several Republicans voted for S510. I'm thinking this is part of the Republicans stategy because now the bill has to have 30 hours of debate time and for amendments, and that gives the Democrats less time to bring up other controversial issues during the Lame Duck. And the final vote on this bill is the one that counts and a lot of No votes will come out because of amendments the Republicans don't like. So, it's not a done deal yet.
    Yes, that is my take also. Hopefully the Republicans vote NO on the DREAM act claiming that the Senate should take on more important issues. i.e. Tax cuts.

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast