Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Yet another example of those "wonderful family values" we hear so much about from these people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Went to that site, snooping around, and saw this.............

Laid off...subcontractor advice
    View
    Post new reply
    Yesterday, 01:05 PM
    Joined in Mar 2006
    22 posts
    i3ernal
    0 AP

So I was laid off this past February due to status. A little background, I've been working there for almost 6 years, but another company bought this company last August. At the initial management meetings, they assured everything will be the same, (yea, right!)
    I worked at a grocery store that was acquired by "EL SUPER" aka Bodega Latina. They are based in the LA area, but expanded over to the Inland Empire region here in SoCal.

Although I am still ticked about it, I was blessed to have an income for so many years and allowed me to pay for my bachelor's degree. I was reading other threads and came to an idea of becoming a subcontractor, but I have a few questions.

Should you just ask a business to hire you as a subcontractor rather than employee?
    Business name, any recommendations? I was thinking being my name "John Doe Co"

Lastly, just want more feedback or experiences with subcontracting.

Yesterday, 01:22 PM
    Joined in Jul 2010
    216 posts
    Immigrant
    0 AP

I personally know two people who went through this path. One is working for a $100 billion/year multinational corporation as a contractor(But really an employee in practice) making $65K/year.

So while this can be done, the employer must be willing to do this for you, and you have to be compelling enough for the employer to retain you this way. Having connections inside the employer helps a lot.
    Last edited by Immigrant : Yesterday at 01:26 PM.

Yesterday, 08:48 PM
    Joined in Dec 2010
    34 posts
    JohannBernoulli1667
    0 AP

I am about to do this my self. I am an engineer student and I am currently working on the union payroll as anyone else. They notified me about the ss# problem last week. I was brainstorming with human resources and they decided that subcontractor would be the way to go. I must admit that getting to know people and getting involved has helped me a lot. I am super flexible and I was able to learn to work in different departments, sales, engineering, IT, I have even done receptionist and remodeling layouts. Now I am officially at engineering. I am still in my senior year so we will see how it goes. The best way to go about this is to know someone within a company. Family, friends etc.

Today, 01:37 AM
    Joined in Mar 2006
    22 posts
    i3ernal
    0 AP
    Thanks for the input guys. Although I am now working, I am looking into starting my own business. Well see how it goes!

I am in removal proceedings
    ViewPost new reply

Show Printable Version
    Email this Page
    .#1
    04-16-2011, 10:48 AM
    From San Francisco Bay Area
    Joined in Oct 2007
    625 posts MAGraduate
    MAGraduate
    So I spoke up for my legal right to stay here and the United States government wants to finally prosecute me in court.

That's probably the best thing that could ever happen to me, but do we really want them to spend five years and thousands of dollars litigating the matter in court, only to lose anyway?

While my law school friends are thoroughly pissed that this is happening to me during final examination period, I know a lot of immigrant rights advocates are amused by these proceedings and want to see a court battle. They will use this as a way to shame the administration and get a deferred action program in place for all Dreamers. I also know I have no time for this and there is no way I'm putting my family under this stress.

It would be great to get your support. You just need to sign this petition, for now:

If he is eligible for deportation, what in the hell makes him think he has any legal rights?

The delusional arrogance and sense of entitlement of these losers drives me crazy.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

I am about to do this my self. I am an engineer student and I am currently working on the union payroll as anyone else. They notified me about the ss# problem last week. I was brainstorming with human resources and they decided that subcontractor would be the way to go. I must admit that getting to know people and getting involved has helped me a lot. I am super flexible and I was able to learn to work in different departments, sales, engineering, IT, I have even done receptionist and remodeling layouts. Now I am officially at engineering. I am still in my senior year so we will see how it goes. The best way to go about this is to know someone within a company. Family, friends etc.
    Just "doing the jobs Americans do not want to do', while being aided and abetted by a union to boot. Is this guy "picking lettuce?"

This country has been infiltrated by these illegals invading (mod edit) and it needs to be cleaned out! E-Verify needs to be made mandatory law across this country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Just "doing the jobs Americans do not want to do', while being aided and abetted by a union to boot. Is this guy "picking lettuce?"

This country has been infiltrated by these illegals invading (mod edit) and it needs to be cleaned out! E-Verify needs to be made mandatory law across this country.
    We truly have been infiltrated. The corporate masters must be LTAO. They have more than half of "our" government in their pockets and they've got American consumers over the barrel in terms of all of the necessities to survive.

I went to Jewel and Ultra Foods to find a small chicken for less than $9.00 and I couldn't. When did the price of a small whole chicken start at $9.00?

At the rate that food is rising I am going to have to figure out a way to stop working and get some food stamps and at least a portion of my tax dollars that I have been "contributing" to the poor for the past 30 years. I'm sick of feeding the illegal vultures and their offspring steak when I can barely afford to eat chicken anymore.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12