Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Should we have a Illinois Consulation Group fellow Illinoisians?

Certainly add Waukegan to the list of cities.

I haven't been to Aurora for quite awhile. What's going in your neck of the woods Neese (afraid to ask...)?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Fedup. I was just over at your forum, dropped off a couple videos and replied to the topic were thr cop killed an uninsure, unlicensed illegal and new Waukegas facing a law suit.
    I think I post that here. It`s interesting.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    Should we have a Illinois Consulation Group fellow Illinoisians?

Certainly add Waukegan to the list of cities.

I haven't been to Aurora for quite awhile. What's going in your neck of the woods Neese (afraid to ask...)?
    We could use a consultaion group, couldn't we? Aurora is a mini Chicago and is a lost cause already. I am more hopeful that we can save the surroundiing cities. I was stupid about getting excited about the builder today because even he hires illegals for portions of his jobs. When I saw the flag flying today on the jobsite, it really got to me. It is funny what I notice now. Ten years ago, I probably would not have given it a second glance.

Is this the same Gutierrez that Lou Dobbs just showed saying "Let's build the fence, let's build it around Lou Dobbs and the Minutemen?" (I might not have the quote exactly right but this is basically what was said).

Hey cva:

Yep, that's the one!
    (I was lucky enough to have caught that little blurb myself this afternoon too)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks PhredE. I did some checking because I wasn't sure. I came across this:

http://www.discoverthenetwork.org/indiv ... indid=1265

LUIS GUTIERREZ

* Democratic Member of Congress
    * Member of the radical Progressive Caucus
    * Proposed legislation granting amnesty and increased benefits to illegal immigrants
    * Was arrested for trespassing at Vieques Naval bombing range where he was protesting with other Leftist radicals
    * Pressured President Clinton to free convicted FALN terrorists whose bombs had killed six men
    * Refused to support a resolution condemning the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruling that the Pledge of Allegiance was unconstitutional

Luis Gutierrez is a Democratic Member of Congress who represents the Fourth District of Illinois, a gerrymandered Hispanic-majority district created in 1992 from neighborhoods and suburbs west of Chicago's Loop.

With Chicago Hispanics now fast approaching African-Americans in numbers, this District was designed by Democrats not only to guarantee Latinos a Representative but also to concentrate so many into a single district that they would pose little threat of unseating any black Chicago area Democratic member of Congress. This district is 75 percent Hispanic, and of that majority three of every four Hispanics are Mexican-Americans and one in 10 is Puerto Rican. It is, commented Michael Barone, "one of the most bizarrely-shaped congressional districts in the country."

Luis Gutierrez was born in Chicago in 1953. He graduated from Northeastern Illinois University in 1975, returned to his ancestral home Puerto Rico to teach for two years, then returned to Chicago and worked as a cab driver and social worker. From 1984 to 1986 he was an advisor to the city's first African-American Mayor Harold Washington, and in 1986 won election to one of two new gerrymandered Hispanic-majority seats as Alderman. In 1992, with Daley machine backing for the newly-gerrymandered district seat in Congress, Gutierrez won with 60 percent of the vote and has held the seat since then.

Congressman Gutierrez is a member of the radical Progressive Caucus in the House of Representatives and is one of the leading members of the Hispanic Caucus. The leftwing Americans for Democratic Action rates his voting record 95 percent on the left side of legislation.

Gutierrez proposed legislation granting amnesty and legal status by 2007 to all illegal immigrants who entered the United States prior to February 7, 2001. He has worked to restore Food Stamp and other welfare benefits to illegal aliens. Gutierrez passionately advocates independence for Puerto Rico - a position supported by only 4% of Puerto Ricans in a 1998 referendum. In May 2000, and again a year later, the congressman was arrested with other leftwing protestors trespassing at its Vieques Naval bombing range.

In 1999 Gutierrez worked with fellow Puerto Rico-connected lawmakers and Progressive Caucus members Nydia Velazquez (D.-New York) and Jose Serrano (D.-New York) to pressure Democratic President Bill Clinton to free convicted FALN terrorists whose bombs had killed six men, women and children and had blinded or maimed several police officers. Gutierrez pressed President Clinton to pardon even those FALN killers who refused to express remorse for their terrorist acts.

Like most leftwing members of Congress, Gutierrez voted against the use of force in Iraq but also against allowing oil drilling on a scant 20 acres of the 1.2 million acre Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), thus voting to keep America dependent on Middle Eastern oil.

Rep. Gutierrez was one of 14 Democrats in 2002 who refused to support a resolution condemning the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruling that the Pledge of Allegiance was unconstitutional and had to be prohibited in public schools and other government forums because it contained the words "under God."

Gutierrez's campaign contributions come mostly from organized labor. In 2004, however, he reported taking a $3,000 contribution from the "State of Illinois," which apparently means that conservative as well as liberal Illinois citizens were making a coerced donation of their state tax money to this partisan leftwing Democratic politician. It also raises constitutional questions about the separation of state and federal governments when a state government directly bankrolls a federal lawmaker.

I know this is old news but I found this online and it really shows how much of an ass Gutierrez is. Again I urge all those in the Chicago Northeast IL area to let others know about this guy. Heres a copy of him with Tancredo having a fight.

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Tom Tancredo and an Illinois congressman traded charges of racism during a heated confrontation following a televised appearance Wednesday on immigration reform, both their congressional offices confirmed today. Tancredo and Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., are frequent sparring partners on the talk show circuit as Congress works to pass some version of immigration reform. Tancredo is a leading advocate of tougher enforcement against illegal immigrants and people who hire them. Gutierrez, the son of Mexican immigrants, calls Tancredo's approach "ugly policy" motivated by racism.

On Wednesday, they appeared together on CNBC, and when the cameras stopped rolling the debate continued with a spat first reported by the Capitol Hill newspaper Roll Call.

Gutierrez's office claims that Tancredo aggressively continued the discussion off camera and tried to slow Gutierrez as he was trying to reach the elevator.

Tancredo spokesman Will Adams, who was present, said it was Gutierrez who was the aggressor, hurling comments and, before it was over, saying he thought about hitting Tancredo.

The words exchanged are in little dispute, based on this account in Roll Call:

At one point, Gutierrez reportedly asked Tancredo if he had ever eaten in a restaurant.

"How could you eat from the plates touched by those nasty illegal immigrants?" Gutierrez said.

He then asked Tancredo: "Have you ever eaten an orange? A grape," an apparent reference to illegal farm workers. He then repeated the phrase several times as Tancredo tried to answer. "An orange, a grape, an orange, a grape, an orange a grape."

Gutierrez, who has a cast on a foot, reportedly tried to walk to the elevator, but Tancredo tried to stop him by putting his hand on his shoulder. Gutierrez reportedly demanded: "Get your hand off me!"

Adams said Tancredo had done little more than tap him on the shoulder.

Gutierrez said to Tancredo: "You racist! You bigot!"

Tancredo told Gutierrez: "You look in the mirror if you want to see a racist."

Gutierrez and staff members finally got on the elevator, while Tancredo and his team took the stairs.

When they met again on the first floor, Gutierrez told his staff, "Better hurry up -- the KKK is coming," according to Roll Call. He accused Tancredo of following him, although Adams said they simply needed to use the same exit because Tancredo's office is across the street.

Just outside, Gutierrez said to aides within Tancredo's earshot: "I thought about hitting him, but then I thought, 'What if I (expletive) kicked his ass,'" the newspaper reported.

"To say this is unbecoming of a Congressman doesn't go far enough," Adams said. "This is unbecoming of an adult." Asked if Tancredo wanted an apology, Adams said, "It would be nice if he apologized. We're not expecting that from somebody who threatens to beat people up."

Asked if Gutierrez wanted an apology, spokesman Scott Frotman said, "He's not going to ask Mr. Tancredo for an apology, but Mr. Tancredo may think about apologizing to all the immigrants that he scapegoats and ridicules."
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-new ... ts#comment

Gutierrez is obviously a flaming idiot. (My opinion). Illinois needs to wake up and get rid of him.

Good job you guys. Yes, Gutierrez is hopeless as far as I'm concerned.

Firemanstud: Thanks for posting that reminder - I do remember that one well.

Just outside, Gutierrez said to aides within Tancredo's earshot: "I thought about hitting him, but then I thought, 'What if I (expletive) kicked his ass,'" the newspaper reported.
    Nothing like an elected US Representative setting an example for America's youth. By what I can tell, Tom took the 'high ground' - for which I am glad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123