Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    i think its a little bit of both. racist by nature because they only seem to want to help hispanics or latinos, or whatever you want to call em. they wont help white or blacks. Not that i know of anyways.
    so that alone makes em racist.

why are politicians pander..... um cuz the labor is cheap and they have been called the "chosen race" by a few elected morons in the past

why does tax money go to em... better ask those morons in DC if they even know what the answer is.
    LaRaza is a mostly for mexicans, not all latinos. The mexicans consider themselves the "chosen".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Too bad Americans don't look at themselves as the Chosen, because I am tired of being considered a piece of carpet in my own country, for the entire world to stomp on.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    From the lips of LaRaza......

La Raza Student Organization
    What is La Raza?

La Raza is about awareness, action and change. We stand on the philosophy and reality that we are mestizos by colonization. We embrace our indigenous as well as our African heritage and acknowledge our European ancestry. The difference is that in our philosophy we do not uplift the European, for we cannot forget or erase the truth of the invasion over 500 years ago.

La Raza is a term that embraces our struggle from Aztlan all the way to Tierra del Fuego and up to El Caribe. La Raza acknowledges and praises our ancestors, the Aztecs, the Mayas, the Incas, the Arwaks, the Tianos, and the many Natives and Tribes of Indigenous people.

La Raza stands for UNITY among all raza regardless of skin color and/or national origin. We strive for the unity of Latino America and we support one another, for as much as we are different, we have lots of similarities. We stand for a world view that respects the land, air, sea and all that is within it, stemming from our indigenous past and striving towards social justice.

La Raza Student Organization is not just a club, but a vehicle in which Raza students can enhance and nurture progressive, revolutionary ideal. La Raza is for everyone who believes in self-determination of our gente, not only here in occupied Aztlan and what we call the U.S.A., but also the oppression of our mother countries (in Mexico and the regions of El Caribe, Central America and South America) including Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.

We acknowledge that together People of Color and working class people must come together to achieve social justice and overcome the longing effect of colonization. La Raza Student Organization welcomes you with open arms and invites you to the movement.Excerpt from: El

Vocero de La Raza, LRSO '93
    Handbook Edition Vol. 1 Issue 1

LRSO History at SFSU

La Raza Student Organization also known as "Organizaion Studiantil de La Raza" was founded in 1968 at San Francisco State University as a result of the Third World Liberation Front Strike that took place in order to bring about the college of Ethnic Studies. La Raza Student Organization flourished from the unification of L.A.S.O(Latin American Student Organization)and M.A.S.C(Mexican American Student Consideration). As the leadership of LASO and MASC came together to form La Raza Student Organization, it marked the path and mission for future leaders to represent all of nuestra Raza on campus as one united voice.

La Raza Student Organization, throughout its many years of existence has served and continues to serve as a vehicle a for students to grow through the process of organizing for self-determination of our Raza Community.

Our differences and similarities among Raza compliment the rich diversity of our political, educational, cultural, and social activities that La Raza Student Organization traditionally presents to the campus community of San Francisco State University.

We encourage all new and returning (Caribbean, Central American, Mexican, and South American, etc.) students to join the different dynamics that La Raza Student Organization offers. We are a family the embraces Unity and Diversity, as a Familia we get to learn from one another.

http://www.myspace.com/larazasf

Contact Us:

Our office is located in the Cesar Chavez Student Center, Lower Conference Level, Room C-131

Quote Originally Posted by attorneyatlaw
    From what I've been told "Raza" means the people or the community
    Well 'For the people (all people?), Everything, for everyone else nothing' doesn't make much sense, does it?

"For the Community (which community?) Everything, for everyone else nothing' is problematic too don't you think?

Now just add the adjective 'Our' and isn't the statement still RACIST!

AE

Go to Yahoo! Babel Fish and type in "La Raza" and ask for a the Spanish to English translation, it will tell you what it just told me, it means "The Race".

Now that is racist of them to use that, and racist they are, it is very clear that they have a purely ethno-centric agenda, and feel they are entitled to it.

I see them no different than the Black Panthers and any and all named white supremacist groups, they are a dirty smudge on a great America, one that can stand together despite racial differences and one that can be better, but it will take Americans of all groups to work towards making groups like these extinct.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

I’d always imagined that it meant “The race to take over the U.S.A. before they wise up and it’s too late.â€

Quote Originally Posted by attorneyatlaw
    From what I've been told "Raza" means the people or the community
    ABSOLUTELY NOT! That is the propaganda filled lie La Raza wants you to believe. La = The; RAZA = RACE.....Literally La Raza means THE RACE.

La Raza can spin this every way they wish but those among us who can say Spanish is their 1st language like my wife, can tell you absolutely that what you have been told is a LIE.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12