Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    Keep in mind, with this fight looming ahead, that bush never kept his plans quiet. He spoke of it before the 2000 election and spoke of it during the 04 election. Never hid it.
    You're right Sis. I remember this because right after Bush got elected I recall having a very long discussion with friends in CA about illegal immigration and Bush's plans for amnesty - and then 911 happened and set everything back.

The difference is that a major spotlight has now been placed on this problem and people are more aware and informed. Additionally, if the numbers crossing our borders in the past 5-6 years are correct, many more illegals have flooded our communities since Bush came into office, probably anticipating amnesty.
    Yup KATE.......we discussed this in great detail also, as I was already working on the ILLEGAL ALIEN issue before the 2000 election. My ears are always open to these politico's double speak and bush never covered up his desire. That's why it always surprises me when people say he lied. He really doesn't lie & didn't about this ---he IGNORES the wishes of AMERICANS.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Fence Debate

Thanks for posting this information.

That is a great move by Rep. Hunter. I doubt Gov. Richardson will accept.

Duncan Hunter is on C-Span now.

He encouraged Nancy Pelosi to honor the bi-partisan support of the border fence.

He also criticized the WTO and the trade agreements. I like his analogy, in which he compared our trade policies with a football game in which every team we play already has points on the scoreboard before the game begins, except the USA.

For example, China has 70 points on the scorebard. 40 points come from competitive currency devaluation. Another 30 comes from subsidies & tariffs.

He mentioned how our steel workers are a lot more productive than those in China too.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12