Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Duncan Hunter Mulls a Run for President

http://news.yahoo.com/s/thenation/20061 ... n/15134405

Washington (AP) -- California congressman Duncan Hunter looks like he may be mulling a presidential run.

A party official says the San Diego-area Republican plans to announce Monday that he's considering a bid in 2008.

Hunter is the chairman of the House Armed Services Committee -- a position he would lose if Democrats take control of the House after the November 7th election.

Hunter spokesman Joe Kasper won't comment on the congressman's plans, except to say that he would be holding a press conference in San Diego Monday morning about plans for 2008.

Hunter's announcement comes as a surprise to leadership in the Republican Party in Washington.

He has not been discussed as one of the many candidates considering a presidential bid, among them Senator John McCain of Arizona and Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Saw him on Lou Dobbs tonight, from what I heard, he could be our man to run if Tom T. doesn't. Maybe they'll team up! Seems like an unbeatable ticket..
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"He is a Vietnam veteran, who served in the 173rd Airborne and 75th Army Rangers."

I like him all ready.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    "He is a Vietnam veteran, who served in the 173rd Airborne and 75th Army Rangers."

I like him all ready.
    CHARLES

Combat or "murtha style?"

I've become so gun shy with so many having lied about their background that I take a wait and "dig" attitude. Been disappointed too many times and have seen too many wanna bes, even in Congress. Learned my lesson not to jump the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

I like him all ready.
    CHARLES

I've become so gun shy with so many having lied about their background that I take a wait and "dig" attitude. Been disappointed too many times and have seen too many wanna bes, even in Congress. Learned my lesson not to jump the gun.
    Well, he had the guts to step out of a perfectly good aircraft at about 1500 ft at least 5 times thats more than I can say for Hanoi Kerry. But like you I am digging in to the record. Lou Dobbs did seem to like him.
    I've been saying we need another Ike in the white house.

This has been discussed on this thread earlier too.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=45290
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

I like him all ready.
    CHARLES

Well, he had the guts to step out of a perfectly good aircraft at about 1500 ft at least 5 times thats more than I can say for Hanoi Kerry. But like you I am digging in to the record. Lou Dobbs did seem to like him.
    I've been saying we need another Ike in the white house.
    LOL.....I do like that 1500' @ 5xs
    God Bless him!

Btw, I didn't mention "shot myself in the ass with rice & got a purple heart" Hanoi kerry on purpose. Didn't want to get into the traitor thing....but we're definitely on the same page.

Having had the great honor of rubbing elbows with true heros, I'd never want to see another fake step into a place of honor. It would break my heart once and for all.

YES! We do need another IKE. Let's see if we can't find a worthy one!!
    If Hunter is as he says he is, then he'll have me squarely in his corner...but I will dig first.

Hanoi Kerry...I like that as much as John Fonda.

I don't know that much about Hunter but he has been around for some time and what little I do know he sounds like a good man but I will do some research my own self.
    When I heard he would run for President my first thought was that's the man I would vote for.
    However I will decide after after some research.

Hopefully he'll run.

The more conservative, anti-illegal, patriotic candidates in the Republican primary the better.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Hanoi Kerry...I like that as much as John Fonda.

I don't know that much about Hunter but he has been around for some time and what little I do know he sounds like a good man but I will do some research my own self.
    When I heard he would run for President my first thought was that's the man I would vote for.
    However I will decide after after some research.
    LOL.......MOUNTAINDOG

Please don't forget this part! It's a part of the Hanoi kerry legacy
    "shot myself in the ass with rice & got a purple heart"

{if memory serves, that was his extra SPECIAL #3 combat wound that got him stateside. The others weren't quite so dramatic and also somewhat self induced. However, THIS ONE, well that was truly unique!}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast