Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Durham NC Latino Credit Union serves customers with ITINs

http://www.cooperativalatina.org/

All accounts are interest-bearing for members who have a social security number (SSN) or a tax identification number (ITIN).

Services > ITIN

The ITIN is an official number issued by the Internal Revenue Service that allows you to declare your taxes, open bank accounts that earn interest, and apply for loans. It is for people who cannot get a valid social security number. The ITIN number is NOT permission to work. Read more about the ITIN.

What identification is needed to apply for the ITIN?

Two types of identification (See below for types of acceptable identification)
    1) Official identification with a picture (like a U.S. or foreign driver’s license)
    2) Identification that establishes your identity and nationality (like your passport or birth certificate)

To apply for the ITIN:
    1) You must become a member of Latino Community Credit Union. The fee is $20.
    2) You must open a savings account with a minimum deposit of $110.
    3) There is a $30 fee to process the ITIN application.

What documents can be used to apply for the ITIN?

* Passport – If a passport is presented, it is not necessary to show other identification.
    * Identification card that verifies your nationality (it should include name, picture, address, birth date and date of expiry)
    * U.S. driver’s license
    * Civil birth certificate
    * Foreign driver’s license
    * U.S. state identification card
    * Foreign voter registration card
    * United States military identification card
    * Foreign military identification card
    * Visas
    * Personal picture identification card issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

We shouldn't be surprised by anything we see from Durham, NC.

For some reason, I'd always thought it was just a little bit tougher to get a ITIN number than this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Durham - NC's "open" city.
    D.W.

Is North Carolina getting any better? It looks like there have been a lot of ICE raids there. Any recent state legislation to make it harder on illegals? I never imagined NC being as bad as the left coast.

Don't forget to call your elected officials!
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Quote Originally Posted by jecg_97030
    Is North Carolina getting any better? It looks like there have been a lot of ICE raids there. Any recent state legislation to make it harder on illegals? I never imagined NC being as bad as the left coast.

Don't forget to call your elected officials!
    I don't see where it's getting any better, just more attention.

Don't worry about me calling reps. Some of the people who answer their phones recognize my voice now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)