Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

e-mail from Sen. Rick Santorum( Pa.)

Thank you for contacting me regarding immigration reform. I appreciate hearing from you and having the benefit of your views.

Please be assured that I understand your concerns. I believe that first and foremost, we must secure our borders. In the post 9/11 world we live in, our national security depends on our border security. We need to know who is coming into the country, where they are from, and what they are doing here. Securing our borders means securing every point of access into our country, whether that is by land from Canada or Mexico, through our airports or through our seaports. In order to effectively secure our borders, we must maintain the rule of law, which means not providing amnesty for those who are here illegally, regardless of how long they've been here.

As the son of an Italian immigrant, I strongly believe this nation must remain a bastion of opportunity for those seeking a better life. My grandfather came into this country as a legal immigrant, worked as a coalminer, and earned his status legally. Most immigrants who enter the United States legally make great contributions to our country. It is the responsibility of the Congress and the President to develop a clear and coherent immigration policy, which will reduce the incentive for illegal immigration.

As the debate on immigration continues, please know that I will vote for legislation that secures our borders, reforms our legal immigration system, and acknowledges the important contributions legal immigrants make to our country, without rewarding illegal behavior. I will not vote for legislation that contains amnesty provisions. While I am aware of the concerns advocates of amnesty have, providing amnesty for those who have committed an illegal act sets a dangerous precedent for future immigration policy.

Congress is scheduled to debate a number of bills over the next few months regarding comprehensive immigration reform. As the Senate continues this debate, I will be sure to keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for contacting me. If I can be of further assistance on this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to call on me again.
    Sincerely,

Rick Santorum
    United States Senate

Welcome to ALIPAC Chanel171. Awesome post - I love to hear feel-good words just as much as anyone else. But I've taken a more realistic approach. I'm tired of words and I am long past due in my desire to see some action for a change. Swift, hard-core, unbridled action with no peachy little compromises or watered down "frills"

I hope Mr. Santorum truly intends to put his actions where his mouth is. So far there has been much talk by many, but only a little action by a few. What we need is...

screeeeech...

FLIP....

Lots of action by many, but only a little talk by a few.
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Nice email and welcome Chanel71!

Who is in control?

May be a canned answer from Senator Santorum. I sent an email to my Senator, Saxby Chambliss earlier this evening expressing very serious concerns about LaRaza, LA VOCA Raza and the other militant groups along with a jpeg of one of the militant groups involved in violence in Santa Ana, CA and a blow by blow description of the violence by a witness who also videotaped the melee. About 15 minutes later I received a response which seemed to be very much like the previous response I sent to him several days ago. He addressed none of my concerns. He stated he was not for any kind of amnesty but for a guest worker program as he said Georgia's agriculture forms the backbone of Georgia's industry. Guess who won't get my vote when it is his time for reelection.

They DO use canned responses. This is why it is so important that they are bombarded by MASS emails, faxes, phone calls and snail mail. If just one or two send something, it doesn't get looked at. But if the "inbox" is suddenly jammed with something in a short period of time, the aides will snag a copy from the huge influx to find out what is going on. It is a sure way to get it read.

There are a couple of initiatives on this forum which are advocating the sending of a form message in the thousands and in the millions. I am operating one such initiative on this board which is garnering much support from all over the web. If you haven't participated in it yet, please visit the link to my article on here at:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-25172.html

In fact, mine is only ONE. Also be sure to participate in ALIPAC's monthly boycott and pass the word on to your friends and family to do the same. Through these efforts, congress and senate will find out (and very soon) what a serious mistake they've made. And if they still don't shape up - we all get to vote them out of their jobs in November.
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Welcome Chanel171. I to have been sending lots of Emails and letters. My test for results is when I get up one morning and turn on the TV to see thousands of federal officers or troops deployed on the border. Then I will start to believe.