Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Here is what I left a Volpac, not that it will be printed. I would read it into his message machine, but his message machine is full. Good thinking Frist. I'll bet "TRAITOR" is the most common message you'll get in English tomorrow.

Dear Senator Frist, I have lost any respect I have ever had for you. You have just stabbed us Americans right in the back. You can stop trying to pretend you are so OPPOSED to amnesty because amnesty is exactly you have given us. Your pretense makes me SICK. You are a traitor to the American people. You should HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME for what you have done to our country. And to be from Tennesssee, the home of so many of our early American heros. I'm sure they are turning over in their graves to have the likes of you in the Senate. I only request one thing - Please remove the American flag from your office and stop mocking OUR Old Glory. Please fly another flag - a globalist flag - because you no longer have the right to call yourself an American and we do not recognize you as such.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

jlo

Call your senator

...and tell them not to vote for the Hagel amnesty today!

You'll have to fax. The lines are busy. The phones go unanswered.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Check this out. The VOLPAC crowd is not fooled at all. Comments on the VOLPAC board:

I am VERY UPSET that you have given up to the amnesty program that will let illegal immigrants get a process for gaining residency and citizenship status in the United States. I will NEVER vote for any Senator or Representative that supports this amnesty agreement. I have been a very conservative Republican, but I will not agree to giving up the rights of the country to illegal immigrants. You have lost my vote for anything with your support of this agreement. You and the President have squandered all of the "political capital" that you thought you had by this giveaway. You are now politically bankrupt!

Your actions of giving up to the Democrats and Liberals are very disconcerting to me. I will remember all of the members of congress who support this amnesty program and will vote for none of them in the future.

Written by : Horan, Donald
    Senator Frist,
    what can I say. I am honestly disappointed in you. You were just on local radio stating that you were against any kind of guest worker program, and yet here you are, just a few days later calling it a "landmark" immigration bill. What you don't understand is that this is NOT immigration. These illegal aliens do NOT want to come here to learn and live our way of life, they want to come here just to work and send the money back. They are in no way shape or form immigrants.

I was a big supporter of yours, up to today. You can forget any more votes from myself and many other Tennessee residents who you sold out today, for any kind of office you plan to hold in the future.

Moves like you made today make me wonder why how you ever got where you are today.

I would ask that you go back and re-read your oath of office, you know, the one where you vowed to "uphold the law and the constitution.." And then I would ask you, how does letting millions of people who broke the law, contributed to jail overcrowding, health care woes, and school issues, in any way resemble the oath that you took.

I would like a response. I am one of your "past" voters.

Written by : NOVITSKY, GLEN
    I have to agree with Donald Marler. ANY bill that provides ANY path to citizenship for someone who has started out by breaking our laws by entering the U.S. illegally is WRONG.
    In the '80's a "tough" bill was passed and it has never been enforced effectively.
    Employers now are required to verify the legal status of possible employees before hiring them. Isn't THAT what the I-9 Form was supposed to be for? There are penalties (supposedly) in place now for employers who hire ineligible workers; they just are not enforced. If the Border Patrol and Police forces were properly funded so they could go out and check the job sites THOROUGHLY we wouldn't have so many illegals here.
    It may be tough politically, but proper enforcement NEEDS to be priority NOW. Get rid of the pork barrel funding and you people in Washington will have enough money to help the border states take care of the borders
    I'm a disabled vet, mostly-retired accountant from South Texas and I can tell you that folks down here don't mind legal immigrants - it's the illegals that create all kinds of problems for us. The liberals say thy are doing work that Americans don't want to do - that's balderdash. They say they are good for the economy - that's a lie; they suck much more money out of the economy than they put in. We taxpayers have to pay for their kids education and for their health care. Our local taxes continue to go up and up adinfinitum. Yet, MY income - real spendable income - continues to decline. I go to the VA for healthcare that is marginal at best; before we reached 65 all of my wife's health care was 100% out-of-pocket because we couldn't afford to pay the high premiums and have money to pay our regular living expenses, too. We've managed to save some that we know we'll need for her healthcare in the future, and for this we are penalized when we try to find a Plan D to cover her future medicines. In the meantime, the illegals get a "free" ride.
    Can you tell me where in the Constitution it says that we have to treat these people better than we treat our own citizens? I see them on television talking about "their rights". Under our Constitution, as I read it, THEY HAVE NO RIGHTS IN THIS COUNTRY AT ALL. I served in the military to protect AMERICANS. My family has a history in this country going back to the 1600's and THEY served to protect AMERICANS.
    I live with, work with and spend a lot of time with AMERICANS of Hispanic descent. I haven't found a single one who agrees with the amnesty provision. If you, and the other Republicans in Washington, think that you're going to get a larger percentage of the Hispanic vote by passing a bill that includes amnesty and eventual leads to citizenship for the illegals then you are going to be in for a Major Surprise in the next election.
    I don't like to vote for, or against, someone solely on the basis of one single view but this issue will change that. I WILL NOT VOTE FOR ANY REPUBLICAN THAT SUPPORTS ANY BILL THAT INCLUDES ANY PROVISION FOR AMNESTY AND/OR A PATH TO CITIZENSHIP THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE A PROVISION THAT THEY FIRST LEAVE AND THEN APPLY FOR ENTRY AND POSSIBLE CITIZENSHIP UNDER THE ALREADY EXISTING LAWS.
    Finally, if you and anyone else inside the Beltway think that these folks are just going to turn themselves in voluntarily, then you are living in a dream world. It just ain't gonna happen, folks.
    Wesley Hedges

Written by : HEDGES, WESLEY
    Dr. Frist,

The illegals are criminals and those who employ them are criminals! Both groups should be treated as criminals because they're breaking laws that were intended to protect all the legal citizens of this country. To protect these two law breaking groups via "new" legislation in the name of compassion and/or employment needs is deceptive at best. It's politics at its worst. Not all legal voters will be deceived.
    Darrell Mettler

Written by : Mettler, Darrell
    NumbersUSA has a VERY different take upon what the Senator is doing, and they are always 100% honest and studied on the things that come up. Essentially, he has caved into the Amnesty/Guest agenda. This 5 year - 2 year condition is meaningless. The result we get out of this in our jobs and communtiies is pretty-much exactly what we would have gotten out of McCain and the rest.

All we asked is that the Senator and his colleagues do what we the voters are telling him to: Enforce the law - No more Amnesties, no "Earned" Amnesties, no Pretend it isn't Amnesty, no "Guest Worker" rolling Amnesty, none of this to be considered until AFTER they proven themselves willing to enforce the law by doing it, not until after having passed and implemented effective enforcement.

I don't want to get carried away, but suffice to say, we have had it with these betrayals and this is the last straw. We gave the Senator a big chance because he seemed to be listening to the People's Will on this. Now it seems that was silly of me. I am a life-long Republican and have an elephant's memory. We will NOT forget the thing been done to us and our future today, not for a moment, not next year or thereafter.

Written by : Olson, Bruce
    Jeez -- you guys are doing your level best to make sure I don't vote Republican again, aren't you?! Please pay attention to all the howling you hear: the American people DON'T WANT THIS PLAN. We WANT THE HOUSE PLAN. If the Senate plan is what you believe is morally and ethically correct, please defer to the actual VOTORS -- you are not there to indulge your personal opinions. If this plan is a cynical attempt to make sure that you are relected and the Republican party stays in charge, think again. The base is so angry with y'all, all to many of us will be sitting it out this coming fall.

It's an AMNESTY program - with no absolute enforcement of current laws, no enforceable plan to stem future illegal immigration, basically the same deal as the '80s program. Which was supposed to stop illegal immigration. How well did that one work out, hmmm? This program will be just as effective.

Written by : Largent, Brenda
    The Hagel/Martinez bill is still amnesty, rewarding people who broke our laws 5 or more years ago. It will be an administrative nightmare to verify who is eligible for amnesty. It will result in massive fraud as many illegal aliens who have lived here for less than 5 years print or obtain fake documents. It will still encourage more people to move here illegally and just wait for the next amnesty. We need total border security and enforcement of employment laws, including significant fines on employers who hire illegal aliens. Between "outsourcing" of manufacturing, computer, call center and other jobs to foreign countries, and massive numbers of illegal aliens crossing our borders every day to work for suppressed wages, America's middle-class and working class is being destroyed. The strain on our educational system, health care system, roads, law enforcement, and environment is destroying the very quality of life that attracts immigrants to this country. I don't understand why the US government no longer cares about its middle-class/working class citizens who comprise the largest number of taxpayers and voters and who have always been the backbone of this country.

Written by : Riley, Deborah
    THe bill presented on 6 April in the Senate is an insult. It is nothing but amnesty hidden in several hundred pages of treachery. Who are the Republicans in the Senate pandering to? It's not Americans that's for sure. You and the rest of the gang of 5 have made a mockery of the rule of law, and, in my opinion, you have done great damage to the ****ry and the constitution. The Republican Senate has coverd itself in shame and disgrace, again, in my humble opinion!

Written by : REED, LEWIS
    Senator Frist
    This bill is AMNESTY. You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a PIG!
    It seems to me that the people who have been here the longest should be the first ones deported. They are the ones who have been sneering at US law for the longest time. Isn't a serial killer usually accorded harsher punishment than the one time offender? As a lifelong Republican I promise you that I am finished voting Republican if ANY form of "Guest Worker"/AMNESTY plan is passed by Congress.
    The Republican party is headed for a political train wreck if they ignore the wishes of the vast majority of the American people. BTW please stop calling these people "undocumented". If you had performed a triple bypass before attending Med school and passing State Boards would you have been called an "undocumented heart surgeon"??
    Sincerely,
    James C. Tanner

Written by : TANNER, GAYLE
    Anyone who has illegally entered this country and subsequently been convicted of any violent criminal act, any felony, or three or more misdemeanors shall not be considered either for permanent residency or citizenship. They should be deported forthwith.

Any legislation that is passed must be enforceable. That means that law enforcement, prosecutors, and judges must be able to clearly understand what the legislation says. There should be no vague, ambiguous, or unclear concepts, terms, or phrases included in the legislation which will permit law enforcement, prosecutors, or judges to not enforce the law and permit individuals who have violated the laws of the United States to remain in the country.

Secure the borders first. Put a system in place to do all of the checks that are required to make sure someone is in the country legally, to make sure we know who they are and whether or not they have criminal records.

Then fund real immigration reform legislation.

If you can't do all of the above don't try to foist an amnesty bill off on the American public by saying that you have done something about illegal immigration.

Written by : White, Benny
    Senator Frist,
    I am profoundly disappointed by your decision to support illegal alien amnesty. This is a betrayal to the Republican Party as well as the American citizens. As for compassion, why is it that I must live-by and abide by all of our laws while millions of people who have broken our laws are not only forgoven, they are rewarded for their offence? Senator Frist, the solution is simple, enforce our current laws and the problem will correct itself. You politicians are no longer representing the American people: you are now representing foreign nationals! The Republican Party is going to be severely damaged -- you will lose more numbers of Republicans than you will gain illegal immigrant members. I am tired of being lied to and cheated by the Republican Party. If this horrible amnesty passed, I will leave the party and there are many more who feel the same way. I truly hope that you can find the courage to change your position to your original one (no amnesty)but I fear that you are politics as usual. What a horrible travesty this is for America and its citizens.
    Regretfully
    R. Thatcher

Written by : Thatcher , R
    I am disappointed that the majority of Americans were not heard in this debate - after countless polls showing that citizens do not want forgiveness extended to those that have broken the law, here is this 'compromise' which does just that. Basically, if you broke the law, but did it long enough ago, then that is ok...sounds like amnesty to me and will to the rest of America too. It just makes Republicans look weak as they give in once again to special interest groups and back room deals with the Democrats.
    This will just add to the drain on entitlement programs and keep more illegals invading our country as they see once again we have knuckled under. If the Republicans have any hope of maintaining the majority in the next election, please do not pass this 'compromise' and represent the actual voters that have put you all in office to begin with.

Written by : Gerard, Holly
    Senator Frist, I'm confused. You've spent weeks upon weeks talking about how the Senate must not pass an amnesty and how rewarding people for breaking the law is not a good idea. So what on earth do you call thie immigration "compromise" that occurred this afternoon?
    I understand that the staus of illegals must be addressed, but common sense dictates that can only happen after we've demonstrated the ability (and will) to enforce our immigration laws.
    Unfortunately the lessons of the 1986 amnesty have been lost on the supporters of this bill. I'm stunned to learn that you are amongst them.

Written by : Day, Cooper
    Senator, This bill isa a sell out of your constitiuents. You are giving amnesty by whatever you want to call it it is amnesty. i would get no such consideration if a broke a law here in my own native country. i would go to jail. This is morally and ethically wrong. Pass the house bill just the way the house passed. If you let this bill pass you will never get my vote for anything you ever run for in the future and I will campaign against you. this is not a threat but instead pure fact for a sell out of this county and its citizens. Senator round them all up and send them home. If Fox does not like it cut of his foreign aid. Get the bums that are on welfare and put them to work at a decent wage and save us millions in fradulent welfare. Send all of the illegals home including their families. if they have chidren born here send them with their parents. Change tyhe constitution to read that children born of illegals do not get automatic citizenship.

Written by : Southard, Barry
    I see problems in this bill unless you do the following:
    1. fine the emplyers.
    2. build a wall.
    3. provide a bounty to law enforecement.
    4. fine schools/social services/health care/for giving aid.
    5. fine banks for providing loans.
    6. stop wire transfers
    7. there are more that can be added to the list that will stop the take
    over of this country. Lets start doing the job right or not at all.

Written by : GOLEMB, ROGER
    I hope you get the Hispanic vote because you sure as heck aren't getting mine! You went back on your word and have provided Amnesty for law breakers. Your promise was to solve the border security first and then revise immegration laws. Shame, Shame.

Written by : Clanin, Greg
    This agreement is a slap in the face to every honest, hard working American that goes to work every day and pays their federal, state, and local taxes and obeys every law. These people decided to come here on their own and they know they have no right whatsoever to citizenship. Uneducated, unskilled workers are the last thing this country needs. Increase legal immigration as much as possible to attract educated people that will contribute to our country, not law breakers that will be a burden to our children in future years. Enforce the existing laws. There should be no amnesty for law breakers!!

Written by : S, Chris
    I feel this is a solid package that will receive the support of american citizens. You have my full support.

I feel we need to put more pressure on Mexico to open their laws to the same stndard as we are setting. It needs to be a two way street, equal treatment by both countries.

Written by : LUCAS, AL
    Although not "blanket amnesty" it still gives illegal aliens amnesty.
    I am very disappointed with Dr. Frist's "compromise" - it is a sell out and appeasement.

Written by : Haynes, Mary Lou
    Senator Frist,

I'm disapointed that you didn't hold to your principles on this issue. The compromise reached today in the Senate is clearly an amnesty proposal. I don't care how you choose to word it or how you may want to segment all the illegal aliens into different categories, the end result is that you are offering amnesty to illegals for breaking the US immigration laws.

Why is there such little focus on enforcement of existing laws and first securing our borders? Also, if those that are hiring the illegal aliens faced stiff penalties, then more than half the problem would be solved.

I would hope the the US House of Representatives can hold to their principles and resist this amnesty offer.

Written by : Henson, Robert
    Congratulations, this is exactly what the people of this country doesn't want, Amnesty. Once again the senate has proven they answer to special interests rather than the people of this country who overwhelmingly want enforcement, not an unworkable amnesty.

While you are congratulating yourselves on a job well done I'm planning on doing my part replacing anyone who votes for this bill.

Written by : Tarr, Robert
    NO NO NO NO NO... you do not say in any place that you are penalizing employeers that hire illegal aliens.
    Just a couple of days ago the Wall Streel Journal published an article on Immigration and mentioned that this illegall person works in massachusetts every year and that his employeer pays some of the fee of the runner thatbrings him illegally into OUR COUNTRY....
    That sun of a gun employeer should go jail....
    You need to hire better Staffers that read the major journals in the country and pass to you the important stuff that happens in our Land....

Written by : colmenares, narses
    Dear Mr. Frist:

I am appalled that you and others in the senate have voted to provide amnesty to illegal aliens. I am opposed to ANY law that allows an illegal alien to remain in the United States of America.

The legal, tax paying, and law abiding American citizen is being denied their rights and representation by those who have voted for this compromise. The "would be" middle class of the United States of America is being forced in to poverty by the refusal of our government to enforce the laws against ALL illegal aliens and deport them.

When the legal, tax paying, law abiding American citizens say NO � they mean � No Amnesty, No Guest Workers, No Temporary Workers, NO birthright citizenship, NO illegal aliens.

I wish you and those representing the legal, tax paying, and law abiding American citizens actually had ears to hear our resounding NO.

We want HR 4437 passed in full.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Written by : Beck, R.
    Senator Frist,

I would hope that you and your colleagues do not allow the "normalization" process to start ahead of the full funding and implementation of the border securing and enforcing process. You need to secure those borders before you start handing out green cards.

I am curious, however, how you intend to separate the people who have been here for 5 years from those who have only been here for 4 or 3. Aer you intending to take their word for it?

Written by : James, Ric
    Dear Senator Frist, this seems like a very reasonable approach to a monumental problem. What will be your method of reporting on illegal immigrants and the law-breakers who hire them?

The INS may need a serious overhaul as well. I am a very solid law-abiding citizens and my husband is presently Mayor of Manchester. I know many illegals. I have worked with some in a Missionary Ministry from my church. I do feel extreme compassion for the beautiful little children, and my heart is made very sad as I watch some of them grow up, and turn to a life of crime because of the destitute situation of their families.

I have tried in the past to report a white man who was bringing illegals here by the bus load to the INS, only to get the cold shoulder and no investigation. I called the INS several times and only once did they return my call. How can I know that any Government Agency will respond courteously, and with an

What happens to the children--innocent victims--who want more than anything to live even in very meager circumstances, just for a chance and hope of living the American dream?

It's a gut-wrenching problem, and I thank you for tackling this critical issue of Immigration Reform. It is long needed.
    Ruby Brown, Manchester, TN.

Written by : BROWN, RUBY
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

All I can say is, "He DESERVES these emails"
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

You were not elected to represent foreign nationals and illegal aliens. You were elected to represent the American public and your actions here are a violation of your oath of office and the US Constitution.
    I love this!

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    You'll have to fax. The lines are busy. The phones go unanswered.

RR
    Right RR,
    As soon as the debate began this morning, I tried calling as many as I could. All the lines were busy, especially when those idiots got up to talk. I think the aides were leaving the phones off the hook.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have posted twice to that Volpac blog. Once to yesterdays "update" and in the larger one where the issue in general is discussed. Neither one is showing up.

My, what a satisfying group of posts over there! I'm not even upset that my post didn't make it. So good to hear that everyone (nearly) is as DISGUSTED with this man as I am.

THROW THE BUMBS OUT
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12