Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

E-Verify Returns to House floor tomorrow -call reps Wed.

We've still got work to do tomorowwwwww

E-Verify Returns to House Floor Tomorrow - Call Your Reps Wednesday!

Updated Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 9:00 PM

The House will resume debate on its version of the stimulus package tomorrow. Call your Representative Wednesday and let them know that his/her constituents expect this bill to explicitly require E-Verify to make sure all new jobs go to Americans and legal immigrants already here.

Please go to your Action Buffet corkboard and click on the phone note. It will provide talking points to make it easier to make the phone call, and it names your Representative and provides alternative phone numbers to call.

The rule governing debate on Wednesday has not yet been made public, so it is not known whether provisions remain in the stimulus package to prevent governments and businesses from using stimulus funds to hire illegal aliens.

There may be a point of order on the floor tomorrow to strip the requirement to use E-Verify, if it still remains in the package. If it has already been stripped and amendments are allowed under the rule, there may be an attempt to restore it.

Meanwhile, the Senate Appropriations Committee has passed the Senate version of the economic stimulus package. At this time, we do not know if Senator Grassley's proposed E-Verify amendment has been added to the package. It is currently in the Senate Finance Committee for consideration.

Go to your Action Buffet NOW!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Will do

Call your Congress: http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Will do.

Here is the mindset of the OBL group. NO mention of job security for Americans... Make your calls today.

I found this on www.worldcantwait.org
    Jay

Anti-Immigrant Program in Obama's Stimulus Plan

Tuesday, 27 January 2009 17:58

digg_url = 'http://worldcantwait.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id... = 'new';digg_bgcolor = '#ffffff';digg_title = 'Anti-Immigrant Program in Obama's Stimulus Plan';

By Larry Jones
    Thanks

to my weekly e-mail from “Truth In Immigrationâ€

Ask why the Congress is not mentioning this matter of no E-Verifying of I-9 forms since 1986 when debating E-Verify?

Call Congress: http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

April
    LETS ALL CALL TODAY PATRIOTS!!!

When you call, tell them the Immigrant Rights Foundation supports e-verify:
    http://immigrantrightsfoundation.org/co ... eform.html.

The groups opposing e-verify are illegal alien advocates, not immigrant advocates.

working4change
    Will be working on this again today.

The E-Verify part of the Stimulus Bill is NO improvement for us! It is staying the same for the next many years to come.

E-Verify needs to be Federal Law to at least E-Verify the I-9 immigrant forms that going through all State Unemployment Offices.

I made the calls however:

I oppose all bailouts.

Although I want E-Verify, I prefer to get it without bankrupting the country.

I think we need a better strategy.

Why can't we get E-Verify passed without supporting trillions in pork?
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast