Thread: EDUCATORS K-12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

EDUCATORS K-12

"It is a Blessing for an Individual to be Bilingual; It is a Curse for a Society to be Bilingual"

- Hon. Dick Lamm, former Governor of Colorado.

I believe that Spanish is a great language but having a nation divided via bilingualism is dangerous.

I am doing research on the consequences of illegal immigration on America's Public Schools. If there are any educators out there who could comment on experiences that they have had in dealing with this situation, I would like to hear from you. Please do not mention specific students or specific schools or specific administrators.

Kindest Regards,
    Steve
    editor@alipac.us

We can End the FREE RIDE

Read this info about Supreme Court Decision regarding EDUCATION and ILLEGALS

Plyler v. Doe - education to children of illegal aliens at taxpayer expense
    Under the 1982 Plyler v. Doe Supreme Court ruling, illegal alien students are entitled to enroll in our public schools at taxpayer expense. This ruling was issued for two reasons. One, the ruling was issued in 1982, when the 1986 Amnesty program was already being discussed, and it was felt that these students would be amnestied anyway. Also these students were small enough in number that they posed no threat to the education of America's students and they were not a financial hardship on United States taxpayers.
    However, written into the decision is the following: Congress can reverse the decision if these illegal alien students prove to be a financial hardship to taxpayers and if the students who are legally residing in the United States begin to have their own education negatively impacted by the presence of illegal alien students. Both of these conditions apply today, and it is time to reconsider this decision. Included in the decision are the following statements by the Justices:
    If the Federal Government, properly chargeable with deporting illegal aliens, fails to do so, it should bear the burdens of their presence here. Surely if illegal alien children can be identified for purposes of this litigation, their parents can be identified for purposes of prompt deportation.
    Congress, "vested by the Constitution with the responsibility of protecting our borders and legislating with respect to aliens,"... bears primary responsibility for addressing the problems occasioned by the millions of illegal aliens flooding across our southern border. Similarly, it is for Congress, and not this Court, to... assess the "social costs borne by our Nation when select groups are denied the means to absorb the values and skills upon which our social order rests."

Colorado Alliance for Immigration Reform

Is there any way we could get this infomation to the people.

Lou Dobbs, perhaps????
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Congress don't care about their laws, if they WILL just get a waiver to go around it.The thing is they feel they are above their own laws and by God sometimes I think they are! for the first time in my life I hate my government. for the first time in my life I don't feel we have the best government in the world. After watching this sorry senate most of the day on c-span2, I feel only total frustration and great dismay that our leaders could sit up there on our money and do this to us and make us pay them exorbitant salaries while they are doing it. I have never been a person to really hold a grudge or wish ill of anyone, but I am sick to death of them and I pray with a vengence that the ones doing this to us get their just deserts! fired would help
    All day long I have been feeling the presence of the brave men of the Alamo, laugh if you want to, just sometimes I get these feelings, no I am not claiming to be psychic, I think since losing my son I am a little more intune to these little "coincidences" that happen in life, anyway I was thinking about Crockett and Bowie and Travis, wondering how they would feel on this the eve that our government betrays us and all the brave things they endured at the Alamo may have been done for nothing in the end. there was a break in the senate so I was flipping through the channels and there it was the ending of the new movie The Alamo, I (haven't seen it yet for some reason,) and it just blew my old mind gave me the tingles up and down my spine, it just seemed to be their way of letting me know they were watching and knew what was going on and also I felt their own dismay. I don't get these feelings often, just enough to sort of awe me, most of the time it has to do with my son, but I have learned not to laugh them off and ignore them but to accept them for the unique gift they really are. I just wanted to share this with the ones that might feel as I do about these things, Old Injuns like me, have a much easier time of accepting these kinds of things as we are sort of superstitious to begine with.
    COULD BE I AM JUST LOSING MY EVER LOVING MIND OVER ALL THIS!
    Hey, I will be ok tomorrow guys, got out in my garden and pulled a few weeds helped a lot, I do believe we have the best country in the whole world, I just don't believe we have the best people running it!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Oh, I think we are all a little 'het up' about this.

As for having the best government - I don't know.

One of the things my grandparents and parents gave me was a healthy dose of cynicism where government was concerned.

I think we have always had corrupt selfish people in the government. I think in the past, the people themselves, were inherently good and practised that goodness. Some were a little rough around the edges and took a few liberties - but push come to shove, tried to do the right thing. The vast majority.

Today, I don't feel that in the majority of the people. I feel they are just worried about their next mega shopping trip to Wal Mart. There is another thread regarding the number of people who voted for American Idol. I don't think a lot of people think about 'doing the right thing'.

Television is a 24/7 commercial - not only for consumerism, but for politicial agendas. As you watch TV, just make a mental note of the number of politcally correct ideas that are advanced by television shows.

I don't mean that people are evil, only that they are disconnected with right and wrong. In short, they are brainwashed.

I don't think most people actually have any regard for this country. I think it is only a place of abode for most of them- neither good nor bad.

I think a lot of people today think life has been very good to them and they seem to see it as something that just happened - not as something that came about because of the work and sacrifice of generations past.

Where the people once demanded a certain amount of action and honesty from our government - the American people became worshippers of our government - rather than the employers of our government.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)