Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by No2Illegals
    Are you talking about my husband?? He's been out of work for going on 4 months now and it's not looking too good for either one of us. He's sent out numerous resumes, had many interviews, been told he's "over qualified" and offered $9.00 an hour for a job...

I know why we can't find work. The illegals ARE doing jobs American's will do and DO them at lower wages. We can't survive in So. Calif. on $9.00 an hour with insurance, housepayment, truck payment, etc..

In the classifed sections it's "bilingual a must, bilingual a plus" 'must speak Spanish" "must speak Spanish and Chinese"..So frustrating!

After Christmas, we have to consider looking out of state. We'll probably concentrate in the Oklahoma City area as we have family there and we won't be there alone in case of an emergency. This isn't easy for me as my mom is in bad health and needs me.

I never thought I'd be forced to leave my home state. But, these illegals have taken over Southern California and taken our jobs. Unless something is done, it will happen in other states too.
    I just moved from So. Ca. to south of Oklahoma City. Jobs are plentyful and as far as I've noticed the new Immigration Law is being upheld.
    http://www.oklahomacityjoblink.com/

"word of caution to every job seeker"
    Be very careful with who sees your online resume. You can PM me for details.
    ------------------------

I just asked another question regarding this issue at this thread.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-93312.html

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Effects of Illegal Immigration on Laid Off Americans

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Something someone said in another thread really hit home to me. Someone I know was laid off from his job in early 2007. He had a good job and he tried with everything in him to find a new job. His background is IT and with a connection to the housing market, and at one point he was offered a job and in the process of getting back to them to accept the position the company went into a hiring freeze!! It happened within two days.

Well, he tried to get other jobs, but he was told he was over qualified or under qualified. Then he had to try to get lesser jobs, he was more than willing to do whatever it took to feed his family and keep a roof over their head, he found even that nearly impossible because illegal aliens had them.

What will happen if the economy gets really bad and LOTS of Americans are out there in dire need of a job as he was?

I think this is something that needs to be looked at in a serious way. If the economy continues to be difficult, (and I believe that it is), so many Americans are going to be needing these jobs to sustain themselves and their families during these times.

If the illegal aliens were not here, I think people could get through hard times much more easily. It would open up jobs to Americans who are in need of at least SOME income.

This is all the more reason why our government MUST open up these jobs and make them available to the citizens of the U.S.. They just must, in my opinion.

They talk about illegal aliens "sob stories", well, I wonder how many Americans are having this same experience which this person had. I bet there are quite a lot and we're just not hearing about them.
    It's a shame...... for reference, did you know that the unemployment stats are bogus, for instance, they don't count people who ran out of their benefits. That's a success in their eyes?? Also the homeless unemployed don't count, no address.
    I suspected as much. It just didnt add up with all the layoffs and plant
    closings. If they were accurate it would mean that we were literally at
    full employment and employing half of Mexico! Things are NOT that good!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

My LEGAL resident Brazilian friend, with FOUR bachelor's degrees (science, psychology, education, foreign languages--Portuguese, Spanish, French, German, and English--the last one from the University of Tennessee in Memphis), was HARASSED by a RACIST Mexican professor in August 2005 at a Dallas, TX, community college where she taught immigrants English. He said "You SHOULD NOT speak PORTUGUESE! you should speak what WE speak, which is SPANISH!" My friend quickly replied that it was NOT HER fault that Portuguese was HER mother tongue ANY more than that Spanish was HIS, and added that ENGLISH is THE language of OUR country! The professor was INCENSED and tried to argue with my friend some more, but she said she had to teach her NEXT class and disappeared. A few days later, the professor had her FIRED! On Labor Day, 2005, my friend was ALMOST KILLED by a ROBBER who SNATCHED her purse, GAVE her a CONCUSSION later REQUIRING 15 stitches, and KNOCKED OUT her TWO front teeth. She had to FIGHT for TEN months before Victim's Compensation of Dallas FINALLY paid for her dental implants which she got in July 2006. (The college where she formerly worked REFUSED to give her UNEMPLOYMENT, and she has been SUING them for the PAST TWO years to get it!) A few months earlier (in February 2006), after spending SIX months in the Salvation Army, my friend got an apartment through a temporary housing program (During this time, she had gone to a local Catholic Church for a lawyer to help her get housing, but the church told her that THEIR lawyers help ONLY ILLEGALS, NOT CITIZENS or LEGAL residents like HER! MY, was she EVER CONFUSED and DISMAYED!) However, her apartment complex turned out to be FULL of ILLEGALS who got MAD at her because she WOULDN'T SPEAK SPANISH to them! She told them in ENGLISH to LEARN English! They TRASHED her front doorstep, SMEARED her windows with MUD, GREASE, SOAP, JELLO, and WHATNOT and PLAYED their music SO LOUD it DROVE her CRAZY! She COULDN'T complain to the manager, either, because although NOT Hispanic, the manager SIDED with the ILLEGALS! She hunted ALL OVER TOWN for a decent-paying, full-time job but got NOWHERE! They said she was OVERQUALIFIED or that they needed someone with MORE RECENT experience! I guess being OUT of WORK for a YEAR to RECOVER from the CRIMINAL assault worked AGAINST her! She had a NASTY caseworker who kept BITCHING at her for NOT finding a job. The caseworker ripped my friend even when she HAD to REFUSE a job because it was in an INACCESSIBLE part of town--at the time she had NO car and there were NO bus lines to the job. And as a WOMAN and CRIME victim, she REFUSED to work LATE at NIGHT, and could NOT be blamed for THAT! Finally, in early November, she got a PART-TIME, TEMPORARY weekday job at a place owned by Neiman-Marcus in Irving, TX. She works from 3-8pm wrapping Christmas gifts, stuffing envelopes, arranging merchandise. She also uses her multlingual skills in the Customer Services department. For the first few weeks, things went well for her. Last Sunday, however, she revealed to me that the place is PUSHING her to work on WEEKENDS, TOO, meaning she would have to work SEVEN DAYS a WEEK! She said she simply could NOT do that it would be TOO MUCH! I AGREED with her, telling her that it is ILLEGAL to make ANYONE work SEVEN days a week! They HAVE to give you at least ONE day OFF, I said. No, despite ANY and ALL attempts to SUGARCOAT the economy, things are REALLY NOT that good, and only seem to be getting WORSE ALL the time!

I'm sorry to have to read this. I'm sure there are many who can relate to the "over-qualified" but "no recent experience" trap - I know I sure can. When I express my frustration at being so educated yet unemployable, I have people asking me if I read "The Secret" i.e. if I just BELIEVE I'm getting a great job I will. My response is it's wrong to blame the victim for not being "positive" enough. I'm sure reading "The Secret" would have done little for villagers in Darfur. This is what it's come to - take your Soma pill and keep fiddling while the fire rages on. I not against the power of positive thinking but I'm really getting sick of having that book thrown at me when I try to say I am NOT the source of my problem. Is this the only thing people have time to read lately? I read it. It implies that your thoughts shape your reality - and to not think about bad things because you will only see more of it. Yeah - if I put my head in the sand about this country the problems will go away, right? Why be proactive if you're inviting more battles of the same (implies the book)? *sigh*

My mother tried to get me to watch "The Secret" with her on DVD I rejected the idea. So many of our American citizens deserve jobs now, deporting illegals is a solution.

My mother tried to get me to watch "The Secret" with her on DVD I rejected the idea. So many of our American citizens deserve jobs now, deporting illegals is a solution.
    SOMEONE NEEDS TO WRITE A BOOK NAMED "THE TRUTH"

THE "TRUTH" IS THAT AMERICANS ARE BEING DISCRIMINATED AGAINST.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No Longer "VIABLE"
    What a crock!
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    [quote:rdep6rwj]SOMEONE NEEDS TO WRITE A BOOK NAMED "THE TRUTH"
    THE "TRUTH" IS THAT AMERICANS ARE BEING DISCRIMINATED AGAINST.[/quote:rdep6rwj]

Your reading it right now.
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12