Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Our borders are porous and our prosperity is disappearing because of inept leadership. Makes ya wonder if these leaders of ours really know what they're doing in this war.
    I read a story that an Elephant was smuggled across the border with Mexico along with 2 White Tigers. Is it so far fetched to think the terrorists haven't already driven a nuclear device(s) purchased from the former Soviet Union right across the same open door border in say a box truck and already have them in place in several major cities? I have heard that there may be as many as 15 to 20. I guess we will know when they go off won't we.
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

LegalUSCitizen!! I am so happy to know your husband is joining ALIPAC!! Outstanding. Tell him we look forward to his posts.

Now about the President's speech tonight. It was uneventful. It brought no new light to the situation, and perhaps in reality there isn't any. We knew when we went in that this would be a long arduous task and that our involvement in Iraq would continue in many different functions for a considerable period of time.

BUT, what is happening now in Iraq, in my view for what it's worth, is creating a source of tension and target that is getting our dear Americans killed along with Iraqis. Our military mission is over. The mission now is a law and and order mission which I believe the Iraqis are perfectly qualified to handle. It is our presence that draws the terrorists under the cry of "occupation". We are not actually occupying Iraq, we are finishing up the job. But at this point, we are not fighting a military target...we ARE the military target.

The enemy is suicide bombers and car-bombers. What can a huge military organization do about that? Nothing, but be the target and help clean up.

Checking houses, going door to door....we do not need a huge military force to do that. Perhaps there are other things going on that we don't know about that require the huge military force...but the President did not address it. Perhaps they feel we need the presence to limit growth of the foreigners coming in. They are street fighters. They are suicide bombers. This takes local knowledge, local people, and local police and defense forces to ferret them out. It just does not require 130,000 troops from the United States to handle this.

It's using an elephant to swat a nat.

I have great confidence in the Iraqi People and I believe they have what it takes to succeed. We do not want to leave if they feel they still need us, but I believe they are ready or very close to ready to handle this situation on their own. I really believe that our large presence there makes US a target which makes them a target and it would be better for us to start phasing out troops quietly.

Our troops have done an outstanding job. To me, they have completed the mission and as soon the Iraqi Constitution is ratified by their Parliament or People...then we should come home in GREAT VICTORY!!

Terrorism will not be defeated in Iraq. Terrorism will not be defeated in any one place by any one group or nation. Terrorism is evil and it will be with us. Limit the risk by protecting our borders. Seal them up. If every country did this....terrorists will have nowhere to go but home.

Terminate phoney 501 C 3 Organizations and enforce US Immigration Law...then, you will starve the ones already here out of the United States.

More Americans have died in the United States at the hands of illegal aliens than 9/11, the Gulf War, the War in Afghanistan, and the War in Iraq combined.

If our Government cared about Americans, it would have never allowed this to happen. If this President cared about Americans, he would have enforced the laws designed to prevent these deaths.

It's as simple as that.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Bush was and is right on Iraq!

Quote Originally Posted by JackSmith
    Yes, I don't like Bush on immigration and Cafta but was Clinton any different? NO!

Bush is right on Iraq! The problem is that we have too many wimps in this country which is why noboy does anything about immigration. If 9-11 would have happened in 1955 you would still see record enlistments into our armed forces and people would buy war bonds. Americans today in too many cases are moraless pathetic wimps! A feel good do drugs and who cares get me a beer attitude!

The greatest generation lived throught the depression and can understand the good because they know the bad. My generation is a generation of wimps. People who want something for nothing. Welfare! Instant gratification etc.

If we leave Iraq without getting the job done we will pay a price for generations and don't forget that Iran is real close to getting a nuke....it is a really scary thought and what should have Bush done after 9-11 nothing like Clinton did after how many Bin laden attacks?

Too many Americans are wimps! Bring back the draft!

I understand lots of people don't like Bush and that is thier right but I will give George one thing...he sticks to his convictions....would you like to see a waffle like Carter in there? Bush will be remembered for 9-11 and aftermath not immigration....
    Jack hit the nail head on, I see it in my school and on our streets everyday .. we have indeed become a nation of whimps and cowards. I honestly expected a massive increase in enlistment after 9/11, yeah we got a nice sized increase but nothing like I expected. As for Iran and NK, I belive they already have nukes and just havent admitted it yet .... yeah the UN was real effective at stopping them with sanctions and verbal warnings with no use of force.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12