Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GFC

El Paso's economy faces a dismal future

El Paso, Texas, the nation's largest border city, has boasted unusually rapid growth in population, labor force and jobs since the 1970s — all hallmarks of progress in the growth-minded southwest. In the 1980s the city's economy created jobs 80 percent faster than did the U.S. economy. Yet El Paso Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), already one of the poorest among major cities, has gotten poorer relative to the rest of the country, with chronically higher unemployment and lower earnings. Poverty in the city is now more than twice the national average and average earnings a third below it.

This study looks for the reasons for the city's "growth without prosperity" in demographic factors, such as persistently high birth rates and rapid international migration, that shape the performance of the schools and the size and skills of the labor force and, in turn, the prevalence of low-wage labor-intensive industries.

In the absence of a major demographic turnaround, El Paso's economy faces a dismal future. The outlook is for further Tercermundización, a Latin American term for decline toward third world standards

http://www.cis.org/ImmigrationInElPaso-LaborMarket

This seems to be happening all over the country especially the states with high immigration levels.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

SOSADFORUS wrote:

This seems to be happening all over the country especially the states with high immigration levels.
    Is there any state with a low immigration level? We are drowning here in Georgia. I think I would like to move, but they appear to be EVERYWHERE, when I travel. Went to San Antonio, forget about it. Vacationed in Williamsburg - yep, there too, all over the hotels and tourist spots. Went to Chicago, yikes. NYC, well I don't think anyone was legal in the entire place. About to retire, so how is Wyoming or Montana?

I urge everyone to send this article to their Congressional Reps along with a NO AMNESTY MORE ENFORCEMENT fax/e-mail etc.

Our country is headed for a national crisis/3rd world status we will not recover from IF millions of low-wage IA's are made Legal Citizens and can legally collect welfare.

No way can the hard working U.S. taxpayers pay enough taxes to carry the burden of providing benefits while enriching the earnings of low paying greedy businesses or for IA's who insist on having children they cannot afford without welfare.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

I landed in El Paso airport a few years back and thought the pilot had landed in mexico by mistake. Didn't hear a word of English in that entire airport.

El Paso is the poster child of what happens to a city when out of control illegal immigration is allowed to fester. It destroys everything in its path!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GFC
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    I landed in El Paso airport a few years back and thought the pilot had landed in mexico by mistake. Didn't hear a word of English in that entire airport.

El Paso is the poster child of what happens to a city when out of control illegal immigration is allowed to fester. It destroys everything in its path!
    El Paso is probably the largest homogeneous (90% non white Hispanic) city in America.