Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

El Presidente Welcomes El Presidente Elect

PRESIDENT BUSH: It is my pleasure to have welcomed the President-elect of Mexico here to the Oval Office. I have had a fascinating and important conversation. This is a man who won a very good election. I'm proud of the Mexican people for conducting an election that is -- was open and honest. We've spent a lot of time talking about vital issues. I have made it very clear to the President-elect that Mexico is a priority of this administration.

I know a fair amount about Mexico; after all, I was the governor of Texas. I assured him that we will work very closely together. We talked about trade. We talked about mutual interests, fighting drugs, and we talked, of course, about migration. And I assured the President-elect that the words I said in the very Oval Office that we sit about a comprehensive immigration vision are words I still believe strongly.

And so I want to welcome you here. I wish you all the best as you -- on your inauguration, on your big day. And I'm looking forward to working very closely with you.

PRESIDENT-ELECT CALDERON: Thank you, Mr. President. (Speaking Spanish.)

PRESIDENT BUSH: Did you understand that?

Q No.

PRESIDENT-ELECT CALDERON: (As translated.) President Bush and I had a very good conversation today. And we reaffirmed the purpose that we both had, which is to strengthen the bilateral relationship between Mexico and the United States even more.

I expressed to President Bush my concern regarding the issue of migration. President Bush was very open to all the arguments that I have presented to him. And we both stressed the need to have a comprehensive vision with which we can move forward. This is, of course, an extremely important issue. It is not the only issue in our bilateral relationship.

We want to foster our trade relationship, our economic relationship even more. We both understand that the only solution to many of the problems that we have is to create well-paid jobs in Mexico. And for that, we need even more investment. We will continue to show the importance of democracy, the importance of free trade, the importance of all of these issues that will make us an even stronger nation, which will also strengthen the bilateral relationship.

And we were able to have a conversation between two people -- two people who have very much in common. And we both look forward to a very constructive relationship in the future.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Gracias. Thank you.

END 2:35 P.M. EST

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases ... 109-4.html

Click on the link. They look overjoyed. I wonder why.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have made it very clear to the President-elect that Mexico is a priority of this administration.
    Correction, Mr. President.

You have made it very clear that Mexico is THE priority of this administration.

And WE have made it very clear how we feel about that.

November 8.....CAN YOU HEAR US NOW, mr. president
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: El Presidente Welcomes El Presidente Elect

[quote="LegalUSCitizen"]PRESIDENT BUSH:

I have made it very clear to the President-elect that Mexico is a priority of this administration.

PRESIDENT-ELECT CALDERON: Thank you, Mr. President. (Speaking Spanish.)

PRESIDENT BUSH: Did you understand that?

What about America ? Whose priority is now America?
    Has Bush resigned already ?
    I did not understand this fully
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

Why cannot someone who likes this country at least a little bit make decisions here ?
    The only thing I hear on the news for the last 2 years is - killing of American soldiers , how the President is practicing his Spanish , waiting for the compliments from Mexico and how he is making the plans to destroy America totally behind everybody's back .
    I think he really does not like this country at all .
    Has anybody tried to check his competency ?
    There are many diseases which begin slowly and severely affect the brain .
    I hope this mess will be over one day .
    This is a pity .
    America is such a nice country .
    It deserves better destiny than just being destroyed to please jealous Mexico
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .