Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Elon, NC -- Immigration Debate 2/20 7:30

Date : 2/20/2008
    Event : The Immigration Debate
    Time : 7:30pm
    106 E. Lebanon Avenue, Elon, NC 27244
    Directions:
    Take Exit 141 off I-85/40. Follow signs to Elon University.

Other Information:
    Admission : Free
    Details : The Immigration Debate: Dan Stein, president of the Federation for American Immigration Reform, and Enrique Morones, founder of Border Angels How should America deal with the millions of undocumented immigrants living and working among us? Stein argues that restricting immigration is a matter of national security and economic stability while Morones reminds us that behind the policies and national borders are the lives of real people.

http://www.visitalamance.com/events/def ... p?eid=4102
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

My feelings for the people

My feelings for the people of another country are secondary to my duties to my country, family and my God.
    It is a shame that there is poverty in the world. I humbly, and I mean that sincerely, wish that it were within my purview to fix that problem. I would never, however rob Peter to pay Paul. I would never deprive an American child of his/her inalienable rights in order to provide for the children of other countries in a political sense. That is the work of religious and charitable organizations, not the work of our government.
    The government of Mexico has encouraged their poorest to come to America and take from us. This "peaceful?" invasion is lowering the standards of our middle class.
    I charge the officials in charge in Mexico of cruelty and prejudice against the majority of Mexicans. The reigning hidalgos need to be put in their place. Do not pass your problems created by your greed to the American people.

. . .while Morones reminds us that behind the policies and national borders are the lives of real people.
    So what are Americans? Chopped liver?
    Americans are also real people and are the victims of this invasion!!
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

Well said, misterbill!

I'll bring my violin!!!