Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Email to me from Barbara Boxer

Thank you for writing to me about illegal immigration. I appreciate hearing your views on this important matter.

Like you, I am concerned about the number of immigrants who enter our country illegally each year. I understand the impact that illegal immigration has on our nation and our state, and I am committed to strengthening our government's efforts to secure our borders.

During the last Congress, I voted for the Secure Fence Act of 2006 , which authorized the construction of 700 miles of additional fencing along the country's southwestern border and provid ed for 1,500 additional Border P atrol agents. I also co-sponsored a bill that created stricter penalties for the illegal construction of tunnels under the border and fought vigorously for the State Criminal Alien Assistance Program, which reimburses states for the costs of incarcerating illegal immigrants.

Congress is currently considering S.9, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007. This bill would, among other things, provide for increased security along our border and stricter enforcement of employment eligibility laws. Rest assured that I will keep your views in mind should this bill come before the full Senate for a vote.

Once again, thank you for writing to me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about any matter of importance to you.

Barbara Boxer
    United States Senator

Please visit my website at http://boxer.senate.gov
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I sent her an email & got an "I'm sorry that I'm unable to respond to email from anybody who doesn't live in California" response. Sounds like she's blowing smoke up your you know what. Making these bills seem like ice cream with a cherry on top. Only the cherry is amnesty.
    The federal government is our servant, not our master!
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarra
    I sent her an email & got an "I'm sorry that I'm unable to respond to email from anybody who doesn't live in California" response. Sounds like she's blowing smoke up your you know what. Making these bills seem like ice cream with a cherry on top. Only the cherry is amnesty.
    Oh, I didn't use my address, I made up one from California...that's the only way they will read your messages.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Sneaky. And smart. I like it.
    The federal government is our servant, not our master!
    Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    She is such a liar--she's for in-state tuition for illegals, co-sponsor of AgJobs, H1B visa increases...gee she thinks we're all stupid! She'll consider you if you are...illegal...

I got that one too moosetracks.........twice. It was so predictably Boxer. Exactly what I expected from her.

She didn't bother to write me back at all. Neither did Feinstein.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Congress is currently considering S.9, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007. This bill would, among other things, provide for increased security along our border and stricter enforcement of employment eligibility laws. Rest assured that I will keep your views in mind should this bill come before the full Senate for a vote.
    What's the use of having "increased security" and "stricter enforcement of employee eligibility laws" if we are going to allow over 20 million illegals to remain in our country? This is all "LIP SERVICE THAT MAKES NO SENSE!"
    That is exactly what I expected from Boxer.

April
    Rest assured that I will keep your views in mind should this bill come before the full Senate for a vote.
    I think that we can all rest assured that she will not............

Banned
    I'm not sure I've ever seen such a poor excuse for a letter. It's really pretty laughable. Gee, maybe if we don't mention we're going to propose amnesty for 30-40 million illegals in S.9, they'll forget about that part! And this woman is a U.S. Senator? Denial is a wonderful thing.....lets you continue to live in la-la land.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast