Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Email from the National Immigration Law Center RE:Dream vote

I got this from a site I monitor. I thought I would share the reaction. I have been busy on the phones today, does anyone know what he is talking about when he says Booshy came out against the act?

Statement on DREAM Act Vote

Please send all email responses to vargas@nilc-dc.org.

We are not giving up. Too much is at stake.

This afternoon, a bipartisan 52-44 majority of the Senate voted in favor of permitting debate on the DREAM Act, S. 2205, legislation that would provide a path to legal status for young people who were brought to the U.S. years ago as children. Unfortunately, 60 votes were needed, so the DREAM Act could not proceed.

We are saddened and enraged that 60 votes could not be mustered for this bill, which would transform the lives of hundreds of thousands of deserving young people. But like those young people, the DREAM Act is not going away.

The vote was closer than it looks. All four Senators who?each for valid reasons?were unable to make the vote were DREAM Act supporters. Several others had indicated that they would vote in favor of the DREAM Act if it looked as if their votes would have made a difference. For the DREAM Act to have come so close is a remarkable accomplishment, given the level of panic now felt by many politicians about anything that affects immigrants

On the other hand, the DREAM Act suffered a major blow, perhaps the decisive one, when the White House came out in opposition just minutes before the vote. The reasons given for opposition were specious and small minded? a long way from the President who once expressed compassion and understanding for the plight of immigrants who have left their homelands, often with their children in tow, and made the sometimes dangerous journey to the U.S. in search of a better life here. He now appears to have abandoned any sympathy for those children.

Although it is now more of a long-shot, there is still a chance that the DREAM Act could be resurrected and enacted this year. It continues to enjoy bipartisan support, including a majority of the Senate and the some of the most powerful members of Congress. For the sake of tens of thousands of young people whose activism and powerful life stories have carried the DREAM Act so far, and for the sake of the nation, we will not give up.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I believe our Senators have better things to do that vote and vote and vote... on the same damn bill that wont pass because it's amnesty!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I believe our Senators have better things to do that vote and vote and vote... on the same damn bill that wont pass because it's amnesty!

Dixie
    Does anybody know if the Senate has ever been sanctioned in any way for having a one track mind on a losing bill?
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

they will try to sneak it threw again!

Quote Originally Posted by posylady
    they will try to sneak it threw again!
    No doubt in my mind....my tax dollars at work

My email to Mr. Vargas:

Mr. Vargas:

This is America and the members of CONGRESS are supposed to be representing the CITIZENS..........NOT ILLEGAL ALIENS who snuck into our country through the back door.

Your comment, "We are saddened and enraged that 60 votes could not be mustered for this bill, which would transform the lives of hundreds of thousands of deserving young people......" is repugnant. Better that the FEW of you are saddened and enraged then the American citizens and LEGAL IMMIGRANTS that would be slapped on the face by the passage of this SHAMNESTY BILL. Better you then the tens of thousands of American citizens and LEGAL IMMIGRANTS that would be cheated out of going to college or university because ILLEGAL ALIENS took their place.

The Dream Act has been up for vote 5 times and defeated 5 times. When are you and the ILLEGAL ALIENS going to figure out that it is NOT in the best interests of American citizens and LEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Let these people take their offspring back where they came from.........let THEIR citizens pick up the tab for their educations. Then let them work to better their own countries.

All this act is, is another shabby attempt at SHAMNESTY for the millions of ILLEGAL ALIENS that have broken law after law after law.

Very well written letter citizen justice !

Those who keep working to make the DREAM ACT a reality,including our congress members are hurting these young people by giving them false hope.

If they did not continue to hold this carrot in front of these young Illegal Aliens they would probably be making appropriate plans to attend college or whatever in their home countries.

The young Illegals have been so focused on the DREAM ACT they are not open to what wonderful opprotuinities may be available to them else where,their home countries etc.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice
    My email to Mr. Vargas:

Mr. Vargas:

This is America and the members of CONGRESS are supposed to be representing the CITIZENS..........NOT ILLEGAL ALIENS who snuck into our country through the back door.

Your comment, "We are saddened and enraged that 60 votes could not be mustered for this bill, which would transform the lives of hundreds of thousands of deserving young people......" is repugnant. Better that the FEW of you are saddened and enraged then the American citizens and LEGAL IMMIGRANTS that would be slapped on the face by the passage of this SHAMNESTY BILL. Better you then the tens of thousands of American citizens and LEGAL IMMIGRANTS that would be cheated out of going to college or university because ILLEGAL ALIENS took their place.

The Dream Act has been up for vote 5 times and defeated 5 times. When are you and the ILLEGAL ALIENS going to figure out that it is NOT in the best interests of American citizens and LEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Let these people take their offspring back where they came from.........let THEIR citizens pick up the tab for their educations. Then let them work to better their own countries.

All this act is, is another shabby attempt at SHAMNESTY for the millions of ILLEGAL ALIENS that have broken law after law after law.
    I wouldn't want to suggest eco-terrorism or anything like that, but do you suppose Mr. Vargas has a fax number?
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

here is the website who put me on their email list, which led to the original posting. I hope you can find the fax numbers, phone numbers ect that you want.

http://www.nilc.org/

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    here is the website who put me on their email list, which led to the original posting. I hope you can find the fax numbers, phone numbers ect that you want.

http://www.nilc.org/

No fax number for her Washington office, only for the National HQ in Los Angeles.

National Immigration Law Center
    LOS ANGELES OFFICE
    National Headquarters
    3435 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2850
    Los Angeles, CA 90010
    (213) 639-3900
    (213) 639-3911 fax [Los Angeles]

Katherine Vargas, research associate, Washington, DC, office.

Ms. Vargas provides research support on current policy and legislation affecting immigrants. She also translates technical documents, press releases, and other program-related materials. Before joining NILC, Ms. Vargas helped promote immigrants' rights through her work at the International Rescue Committee and the Colombian-American Service Association in Miami, Florida. She interned at the Washington Office on Latin America, a nongovernmental organization that monitors the impact of U.S. foreign policy in Latin America. She holds a degree in international relations with a certificate in Latin American studies from Florida International University.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast