Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Email received from Perdue (chicken)

I received this email (below) from Perdue denying they hire Illegals.
    We've had some serious accusations/posts on here about them,, and calls for a boycott of Perdue.
    Anyone one prepared to back up the allegations, with FACTS, that were posted here claiming Perdue allowed/authorized their employess to take the day off work for the protest marches??

"DeYoung, Julie" <Julie.DeYoung@perdue.com>
    Re: Contact Us Form

DeYoung, Julie wrote:

> Thank you for the opportunity to respond to your comments.

> Perdue Farms does not knowingly hire illegal immigrants and has never been cited or fined for violating immigration enforcement laws. We only hire people who are authorized to work in the United States. We have an extensive Employment Verification Process that includes review of documentation and more than a decade of participation in the Immigration Service (now ICE) Pilot Employment Verification Program, a federal program that confirms Social Security numbers and work authorization numbers.

> Perdue Farms supports common sense immigration reform that addresses the need for a sound enforcement program that protects America's borders, fairly balances the need for a guest worker program, a method to resolve the status of undocumented workers and assists employers in its employee verification requirements.

> Perdue also supports the basic American value of free speech. We recognize the importance of public discourse about this critically important matter.

> Thank you for the opportunity to provide our position on this issue.
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Julie DeYoung
    > Vice President, Corporate Communications
    > Perdue Farms Incorporated

>>>>>>
    ----Original Message-----
    From: RKELLEY2@TAMPABAY.RR.COM [mailto:RKELLEY2@TAMPABAY.RR.COM]
    Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 9:42 AM
    To: perdue@casupport.com
    Subject: Contact Us Form

Due to your support of Illegal aliens protesting in our streets I will no longer buy your products and will inform everyone I know to boycott your products.

80% of American Citizens are opposed to these actions that you support & I find your attitude treasonous.

DISCLAIMER:
    This communication, including attachments, may contain confidential, privileged, copyrighted or other legally protected information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message and any copy of it, including all attachments, from your computer system.

Key word: "knowingly"

Looks like the one that I received from them.
    Your Rights END where MY Rights Begin. You have NO Rights if You Are ILLEGAL.

Banned
    As far as I know, the only boycott going on right now is ALL chicken, from whatever source. I've seen prices as low as 19 cents a pound, so it must be working...

Regardless of what documents are presented at the time of hire, a good "clue" that they are illegal immigrants is the fact that they cannot speak english, duh?
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I thought they WERE cited a while back!!?>?

"Knowingly" is their out.

I don't know if they do - but as someone else said, the boycott is on all poultry - so that way we are not singling out anyone else.

If there are some out there who do not hire illegals - let them come forward - offer proof - and take a stand against illegal immigration.

Because if by some unbelieveable miracle, they don't hire illegals, then they are at a disadvantage since they are not enjoying the benefits of 'subsidized' labor.

They should be willing to take stand - don't you think????
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    They should be willing to take stand - don't you think????
    You are absolutely right! We should save up some of these BS e-mail responses and hit them with 'taking a stand'. Unless they want to start selling chicken for 9 cents a pound, they should stand up!

Why do they support a Guest Worker program if they don't hire illegals? If they can get all the legal help they need, why bother? Because it's BS! I know they do here in TN. Half of them live in my complex!

Perdue actually uses the Basic Pilot program now as a result of a settlement with the federal government. That does not mean that they would not still like to get as much cheap labor into this coutry as possible. Also a lot of legal immigrants enable their relatives.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast