Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Emails from WilliamG <WilliamG@alipac.us>??

Hello..

I have been receiving several emails over the last few weeks from the address above (WilliamG@alipac.us)..They have all contained viruses, worms, etc...I have replied to these emails to alert him but I get no response..

Is this an actual email from William?? Does Anyone know??

I know he would never send out emails with viruses intentionally..Here is a copy of the most recent one along with the message that pops up when I try to open the attachment (MSN) :

Sent : Friday, April 14, 2006 9:58 PM
    To : <xxjuanitaxx@msn.com>
    Subject : Fwd: Photo

Attachment : Attachments001.BHX (0.13 MB)

Name of File Attachments001.BHX
    Virus Scan Result WORM_NYXEM.E Virus Found
    Note: There is no cure available for the virus on the file Attachments001.BHX

It is not possible to download files from Hotmail that contain incurable viruses. Contact the originator of the file, inform them that the file contains a virus, and ask them to send a virus-free version of the file.

I received this one tonight...Last night it was the same thing only in the body of the email it said this:

how are you?
    i send the details.
    OK ?

Anyone else get these emails?? Did this happen to anyone else??

xxjuanitaxx
    <div align="justify"><div align="left">[i]</div><div align="center"><div align="left"><div align="center"><div align="left">[i][i][i][i][i][b]WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FACISM!* IMPEACH THEM ALL!</stro

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar

Re: Emails from WilliamG <WilliamG@alipac.us>??

Quote Originally Posted by xxjuanitaxx
    Hello..

I have been receiving several emails over the last few weeks from the address above (WilliamG@alipac.us)..They have all contained viruses, worms, etc...I have replied to these emails to alert him but I get no response..

Is this an actual email from William?? Does Anyone know??

I know he would never send out emails with viruses intentionally..Here is a copy of the most recent one along with the message that pops up when I try to open the attachment (MSN) :

Sent : Friday, April 14, 2006 9:58 PM
    To : <xxjuanitaxx@msn.com>
    Subject : Fwd: Photo

Attachment : Attachments001.BHX (0.13 MB)

Name of File Attachments001.BHX
    Virus Scan Result WORM_NYXEM.E Virus Found
    Note: There is no cure available for the virus on the file Attachments001.BHX

It is not possible to download files from Hotmail that contain incurable viruses. Contact the originator of the file, inform them that the file contains a virus, and ask them to send a virus-free version of the file.

I received this one tonight...Last night it was the same thing only in the body of the email it said this:

how are you?
    i send the details.
    OK ?

Anyone else get these emails?? Did this happen to anyone else??

xxjuanitaxx
    PM me a copy of the message with the full header. It should have a bunch of computer information that you can't really understand.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

xxjuanitaxx,

Thank you for reporting this. I have received no reports from any other sources of this happening. However, if anyone else on the boards has received a similar e-mail please let me know.

I have sent no emails containing

how are you?
    i send the details.
    OK ?

It is possible that your computer has a virus or worm that mimics e-mails you receive.

My other question is, have you ever received a legitimate e-mail from me at WilliamG@alipac.us ?

The reason I ask is that I do not send the e-mail alerts from that address.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I've not received anything like that, but it does sound like someone on the other side is trying to create a little trouble. Thankfully their skill at computer terrorism is as low as their moral character.

Tracking it back to it's source is not too hard, and the government DOES HATE viruses and worms. I would suggest getting your service provider involved, they'll not have a high opinion of this type of behavior, either.

i send the details.
    The first thing I noticed was the English. It should be: I Will Send the Details not I send details.

Just good folks.......
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Let's not go jumping to conclusions folks. We have not even verified this lone complaint yet.

Not saying the report is not true, just pointing out that it is unverified at this time.

We do not need to treat this with speculation. We need to treat this report with investigation and hard facts.

xxjuanitaxx

Do you still have a copy of this email saved on your computer? What virus protection software do you use. Would you mind providing us with a copy of this critter for analysis?

I can arrange for the suspect e-mail to be brought in safely for analysis.

W

OK-- I checked all my mailboxes. I have no such e-mail. Will keep my eyes open. Thanks for the heads up.

This isn't difficult to do. All it take is someone trolling this board and harvesting peoples email addys. You fake the header of the email. In this case they used William's email addy and send it. They hope the person it was sent to will open the attachment because it is sent from what the recipient believed to be a trusted source. This is one of their favorite ploys.
    Bet you're glad you were using Hotmail. Their virus detection has so far caught every virus/trojan sent to me. I was trying to see if I could send a simple virus to my friend. It wasn't a harmful one and he knew I was trying to send it to him because he wanted to give it to his brother. What it did was make it seem like your computer caught a harmful virus which caused your computer to reformat the hard drive. One you restarted your computer everything was fine and the "virus" deletes itself. Hotmail would not let it go through no matter how I changed the file extension. I'm happy it wouldn't let you open the attachment because this one sounds really bad.

Nice theory Ohio, but the e-mail for XXJuanitaXX is not displayed on our board and nobody has access to user emails on our boards unless you chose to display your email on the screen.

With our privacy policy, nobody can access your e-mail or Juanita's.

So far, XXJuanitiaXX has not followed up with us. No infected e-mail has been produced, and there are no other reports of infected e-mails from other users.

This is starting to look like a hoax post.

We will see.

W

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Nice theory Ohio, but the e-mail for XXJuanitaXX is not displayed on our board and nobody has access to user emails on our boards unless you chose to display your email on the screen.

With our privacy policy, nobody can access your e-mail or Juanita's.

So far, XXJuanitiaXX has not followed up with us. No infected e-mail has been produced, and there are no other reports of infected e-mails from other users.

This is starting to look like a hoax post.

We will see.

W
    I haven't received any PMs to review the header either (since with that I could see where it came from)
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast