Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have never received any emails from you like that from that email address. That was probably a hoax post trying to distract people and waste everyone's time. I wonder how long it took them to think up that one?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

I'm not going to downplay the situation, but as a system administrator and hosting company owner I can shed a little light on this.

This sounds more like a virus than a scam, or spamming problem.

Here's how it works.

Someone recieves an email that contains a virus. Their system is not patched correctly or they do not use anti-virus with the latest definitions updated. The virus infects the PC.

The user has a list of email contacts. Generally whenever someone sends you an email and you reply to it the contact gets added to Outlook. The virus gets access to the infected users address book.

It now replicates itself sending the virus to everyone in your address book. Sometimes it will use the email account of the infected machine to show up as the 'from' address. Sometimes it will take a random email address from the addressbook adn use that. This makes it much harder to pinpoint who the infected user is.

Either way, the result is an email like what is described here.

I would say there is a 90% chance this is not intentional, and it's the result of a virus that someone in the world you have corresponded with has been infected.

There's very little you can do other than wait it out.

jttest2, thank you for that information.

several years ago, i was the victim of such a thing-- someone used my address. I discovered they were using my address when they SENT the message to me! I had a friend who was sending out actual viruses because someone had sent her one. I knew that I didn't do anything of the sort, and I know that woman would no more do it than the man in the moon but it was very real and we were babes in the woods. Now I know how it happened. Thanks
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nope

I have not had this happen either.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

jtttest2,

Thanks for the info. All of my systems are showing clean after deepscans with the latest updates.

But if there is a virus out there pumping out spam seemingly from my email address wont this put me on all sorts of black lists across the Internet? Wont this blacklist the alipac.us domain so less of our emails can reach people?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is JT incase you didn't know that.

It won't. The spam lists aren't really built on the headers. They're built on the offending server itself. Meaning what it appears to be coming from isn't always what it seems. So to not get stuck putting thousands of domains in like you just mentioned, they go by the IP of server that sent the mail.

That way it doesn't make anything to do with the domains it's coming from, it's all chopped off right at the source and the server itself gets listed.

Since none of the e-mails are actually being sent from this server there's no danger of getting blacklisted as a mail server.

However, people can still add you to their personal blacklist and there's really nothing you can do about it other than hope the people reading your emails understand the problem.

it's also impossible to stop since it's not even coming from this server.

Thanks JT.

W

Re: Emails from WilliamG <WilliamG@alipac.us>??

Quote Originally Posted by NoIllegalsAllowed
    Quote Originally Posted by xxjuanitaxx
    Hello..

I have been receiving several emails over the last few weeks from the address above (WilliamG@alipac.us)..They have all contained viruses, worms, etc...I have replied to these emails to alert him but I get no response..

Is this an actual email from William?? Does Anyone know??

I know he would never send out emails with viruses intentionally..Here is a copy of the most recent one along with the message that pops up when I try to open the attachment (MSN) :

Sent : Friday, April 14, 2006 9:58 PM
    To : <xxjuanitaxx@msn.com>
    Subject : Fwd: Photo

Attachment : Attachments001.BHX (0.13 MB)

Name of File Attachments001.BHX
    Virus Scan Result WORM_NYXEM.E Virus Found
    Note: There is no cure available for the virus on the file Attachments001.BHX

It is not possible to download files from Hotmail that contain incurable viruses. Contact the originator of the file, inform them that the file contains a virus, and ask them to send a virus-free version of the file.

I received this one tonight...Last night it was the same thing only in the body of the email it said this:

how are you?
    i send the details.
    OK ?

Anyone else get these emails?? Did this happen to anyone else??

xxjuanitaxx
    PM me a copy of the message with the full header. It should have a bunch of computer information that you can't really understand.
    Hi William..

I apologize for not following up on this..It was late when I posted ..fell asleep...suddenly had to go out of town and then completely forgot until now..

I have found 4 of these emails...I will PM you 1 right now. Let me know if you would like the other 3??

Still fighting for the Cause!!

Thanks to everyone for their input!!

xxjuanitaxx
    <div align="justify"><div align="left">[i]</div><div align="center"><div align="left"><div align="center"><div align="left">[i][i][i][i][i][b]WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FACISM!* IMPEACH THEM ALL!</stro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12