Here's my letter:
should I send copies to anyone else?

To Goodwill Industries:
Last week I visited your XXXXX store located at XXXXXXX
While shopping in the store, I requested assistance from someone at one of the registers.
Unfortunately every employee posted at each register in this store spoke no English and could not understand my request.
I also approached at least two more individuals in the store only to discover that they spoke no English as well.
I finally located one employee who appeared to be an American citizen who spoke perfect English. I had requested a Customer Comment Card as promoted in the front of the store.
According to the English speaking employee, these cards should be at each register. However the employee was unable to make my request known to the other non-English speaking employees, since they spoke Spanish and she did not.

When I asked the American employee why there were no employees at the registers who spoke English, she responded that "most of our customers are Hispanic, so...."

That, unfortunately, was a very insulting comment. The fact that there was no one at this store to assist an English speaking customer in a country where English is the common language spoken and communicated is discriminating.
XXXXX is located in the United States of America. What about the large numbers of English speaking citizens who frequent this particular store and others? Are we not important enough to the economy to be considered?
Evidence of having employees who are unable to speak and communicate in America's common language of English could be interpreted by some as highly suspect. I would hope that this situation be rectified and would also hope that Goodwill Industries is not in the practice of hiring illegal immigrants, which is against Immigration Laws.

Not only have I shopped frequently for over thirty years at Goodwill Stores, I've also donated good quality items to Goodwill, which have included clothing, toys, furniture, a Wurlitzer organ, and a number of collectible items.
I never dreamed that I would enter a store which is considered an American-bred entity, a household name, and located on American soil to encounter a serious language barrier.

I eventually found the Customer Comment Card I initially requested from someone in the store's front office.
Regardless, that is not the point of my letter.
The entire experience was very disappointing, frustrating, and disconcerting to put it mildly.
Sincerely,