Bush's performance last night sent a chill running down my spine. Now, I firmly believe my worst fears are true. Our government is in the business of importing cheap labor. Our government is run by corporate America. Corporate America has no ethics, no values, no sense of fairness, no pity, no remorse, and is only concerned with the bottom-line and enriching themselves with both money and power.

We can all see the trick Bush wants to pull. He'll pretend to provide border and employer enforcement later if he gets his "Amnesty, but let's not call it Amnesty" demands right now.

I say ENFORCEMENT FIRST and PROVE IT FIRST! Then, and only after full enforcement, should the citizens even consider listening to the Corporate Paid Politicians' plea to legalize their imported cheap labor. AFTER FULL ENFORCEMENT. We should have a good handle on how well our government is doing on enforcement in a year or so. Then we can take a look at how many illegal workers are left and assess the situation with clear heads.

Remember, the politicians pulled off a scheme just like this in the late 80's/early 90s. They pretended to enact enforcement laws while obtaining amnesty. Enforcement laws were NEVER USED - illegal immigration exploded. Don't be fooled again.

My letters, e-mails and phone calls to the politicians this week will focus on Enforcement First - And Prove It First.

Was checking out ALIPAC's link page and found this http://www.russellpearce.com/ . I'm in CA and not familiar with Russell Peirce, representing Arizona's 18th district, - but I really like his talking points.

QUOTE: Russel Peirce:

*Enforcement: State and local law enforcement officials have the general power to investigate and arrest violators of federal immigration statutes without prior INS knowledge or approval. There is no extant federal limitation on this authority. The 1996 immigration control legislation passed by Congress was intended to encourage states and local agencies to participate in the process of enforcing federal immigration laws. Supreme Court decision (4/1/05)Mueller v. Mena made it clear law enforcement can enforce immigration laws.

*Secure our Borders.

*Local law enforcement must enforce the law.

*Go after employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens (a felony) and compete illegally and unfairly against the honest employer, take away state licenses.

*Put the National Guard and assign DPS to work the border area and cooperate and assist the federal government.

*Eliminate Public Benefits for those here illegally. Require proof of eligibility applicants on ALL public benefits before citizens tax dollars are given away.

Until the day I die, I will insist that 'illegal' is 'illegal'."

Illegal Aliens cost taxpayers $69 Billion annually (just in social services) in federal programs in 2002. Studies estimate that amnesty would increase that three fold.

Perhaps as high as 80% of the violent crime in Phoenix area involves illegal aliens (according to Phoenix Chief Hurt and Mesa police violent crimes response team)

Over 4000 homicide warrants issued by the border states to suspects who are believed to have fled south of the border into Mexico.

$311 Billion in uncollected taxes (Barron's study).

$200 Billion annually in-lost American wages. Native-born American men lost an average of

$1700 in wages in 2000 due to US immigration policy (Harvard University).

Maricopa County Hospital loses over $2 million weekly on uncompensated care (largely do to illegal aliens) (2003, 77 border hospitals filed for bankruptcy).

1/3 of our federal prisons are illegal aliens, over 5000 illegal aliens in our State Prison.

Arizona spends over $800 million to over $1 billion (K –12) annually to educate illegals.

Over half of AHCCCS births are from illegal mothers 1/3 of children in Arizona have immigrant parents.

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion." Article IV Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution.Today, the majority of these elected officials are in violation of their oath of office, with severe consequences to their law abiding U.S. citizen constituents’.