Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NY Times today had an article titled: Building a Nation of Polyglots, Starting with the very young. Its about kindergarten kids learning spanish as well as english and vice versa. It goes on to say a second language program builds bridges between cultures in one district but also that with an Economy that recognizes Few Geographical Borders, and with people from all over the planet becoming our next-door neighbors, more Americans are demanding language instruction earlier in school since its easier to learn at an early age.

Most schools offer of course the Spanish language, but Chinese, Arabic, Japanese, French are being offered.

It also says that most nations, which is true, that is why so many foreign nationals do speak English offer languages in the primary school, but " that the US, often fiercely chauvanistic, sometimes outright isolationist, has never considered the ability to speak a foreign language an essential talent."

One can assume from the article most of this is in part to the illegal alien invasion as well as the big push on global economy, with the larger incentive really about the globalism we are facing today. Global workers, companies, etc. Which is I think the largest consideration today with the illegal alien invasion........the cheap labor factor, the greedy, law breaking companies.

We are fighting against two: foreign nationals and companies wanting larger global access to cheap labor and global consumers, not including the incentives foreign as well as our own country supply as incentives to do so.

A very royal boot in the .......to the American worker and people.

the US, often fiercely chauvanistic, sometimes outright isolationist, has never considered the ability to speak a foreign language an essential talent."
    I can't agree with whoever said that. I respect and admire people who are bilingual and everyone I know does too. I wish these so called journalists would just stick to the facts and keep thier inaccuarate opinions to themselves.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree being able to speak at least one other language is great.

The media no longer does unbiased, factual reporting and hasn't done so for a very long time. There is always a slanting view being presented, whether by the individual reporting or the bias of the media conglomerate.

This is obviously a very large issue as evidenced by the 5.7 millions views the Youtube video "Press One For English" has gotten. If you haven't checked it out yet you should.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJfS1v-fU0

This link should be sent to everyone in office. It's a perfect way to make the point of speaking English and how the majority of Americans feel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234