Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Task force nets car thief suspects

Comments On This Story

Skip wrote on November 28, 2006 5:45 PM:"I wonder which part of Escondido, these men lived in?"

Syl wrote on November 28, 2006 6:01 PM:"I don't think the police should be doing undercover sting operations like this as they may be targeting unfairly Illegal Aliens and Hispanic gangs. I hope the ACLU will file a lawsuit aginst the Police Department for Racial Profiling and discrimination."

Ingrid
    wrote on November 28, 2006 6:32 PM:"By the logic of the last Staff Opinion NCT Editorial, since the suspected ringlider of this gang has a Hispanic Surname, and is a transient (homeless?), he must also be an Illegal Alien. Thank You NCT for helping me to interpret these stories."

Ingrid wrote on November 28, 2006 6:35 PM:"Regarding my last post: The name of the ringleader has already been released. By tomorrow when the indictments are made, then all of the other names should be released also."

MV wrote on November 28, 2006 7:02 PM:"More than 14,000 cars were stolen in San Diego County last year, according to police. A recent crime report named National City (AMERICA'S SELF PROCLAIMED ILLEGAL ALIEN SANCTUARY CITY) as the hottest spot for stolen vehicles. In Escondido, thieves nabbed more than 1,500 cars in 2005."

Ingrid wrote on November 28, 2006 7:08 PM:""The 19 stolen vehicles that undercover officers were able to buy were mostly Asian cars made between 1988 and 1992." I drive a 92 Honda Accord. I wonder if it is safe to park in Escondido?"

Booby wrote on November 28, 2006 7:15 PM:"Syl, obviously you have never been a victim of a theft crime. Let me know when you have been victimized. You always think its a race thing, actually most of these indictments will take place on white male adults......Read on before you make a critical error in your uneducated judgement.......crazy daisy......."

Grateful wrote on November 28, 2006 7:50 PM:"Undercover work is never safe. Thank you so much to the police for risking so much."

HaHa wrote on November 28, 2006 8:14 PM:" Last year, the city had the highest number of car thefts in North County and the second highest vehicle-theft rate per 1,000 residents. The high auto theft numbers in Escondido also mean that residents pay more for their auto insurance. "

Robert24 wrote on November 28, 2006 8:22 PM:"Booby: My money is on Syl. I'll bet 77% (if not more) of the names will have hispanic surnames......."

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/11 ... _28_06.txt

All the drugs that went through Miami in the 80's and the violence associated with has decreased. You have street level dealers who are gang members kill each other but that is about it. In the majority of drug related crimes are African American on African Americans. In fact when there was a shoot out in the most violent drug infested city in Dade County (Opa Locka) the parties involved were African American.

The majority of the drugs go through the Mexican border now that is why there is such violence in Mexico. In Miami you may have Hispanic distributors but they hang low. You also have other groups involved in certain drugs as well. At one point the Israelis were involved in smuggling and dealing in ecstacy. There also have been other organized crime groups involved in it as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Task force busts North County car thief ring

Police arrested the alleged ringleader,
    Jose Zamora, 25, a transient,
    on suspicion of five separate cases of auto theft and attempted auto theft.

Also arrested were:
    Eric Repacz, 22, of Oceanside;
    Wendy Millan, 19, of Escondido;
    Gerardo Hurusquieta, 29, of Escondido;
    Sara Valenzuela, 24, of Escondido;
    Russell Woerth, 22, of Sun City;
    Stacy Klein, 26, of Oceanside;
    Kymiko Nadeau, 23, of Vista;
    Paul Deras, 41, of San Diego;
    Carina Montes, 22, of San Marcos;
    Christopher Sweet, 32, of Escondido;
    Angela Williams, 23, of Escondido; and
    Alejandro Perez, 23, a transient.

Authorities were still seeking:
    Hector Guerra, 23, of Escondido;
    Sofia Diaz-Gomez, 25, of Escondido;
    Silviano Hernandez, 22, a transient; and
    Vianny Angulo, 31, of Oceanside.

WHAT THE READERS ARE THINKING

WHAT THE READERS ARE THINKING

Comments On This Story

Note: Comments reflect the views of readers and not necessarily those of the North County Times or its staff.

Ann wrote on November 29, 2006 1:39 PM:"To Escondido PD and all other agencies: Great job -- keep it up we need it!!!"

Victim
    wrote on November 29, 2006 2:21 PM:" They missed one. My car was stolen from my driveway this morning after I left the house - in day light the bums."

Skip wrote on November 29, 2006 5:10 PM:"Why do I get the feeling that comments for this story are being heavily censored. Is it because of what everyone is thinking?"

Greg in Oceanside wrote on November 29, 2006 5:26 PM:"I wonder why we haven't heard from the likes of Ed Sifuentes, NCLR, MEChA, and other pro-Latino, pro-illegal alien groups? Seems like when big crime stories hit the press these people vanish. Nonetheless, these criminals are the one's responsible for the degradation of our very safety and erode our quality of life. As the cost of living in Southern CA continues to escalate, we'll see more crime as the disparity between the successful and the not-so-successful gets wider."

Bill wrote on November 29, 2006 5:51 PM:"I hope some of those convicted get the three strikes penalty so they can be in prison for a long time to think about their crime. "

Hasta La Vista Baby wrote on November 29, 2006 6:10 PM:"RE : Authorities were still seeking: Hector Guerra, 23, of Escondido; Sofia Diaz-Gomez, 25, of Escondido; Silviano Hernandez, 22, a transient; and Vianny Angulo, 31, of Oceanside.>>>> Who wants to bet that they are in Mexico by now! "

Ingrid wrote on November 29, 2006 6:22 PM:"By the logic of the last Staff Opinion NCT Editorial, since the suspected ringlider of this gang has a Hispanic Surname, and is a transient (homeless?), he must also be an Illegal Alien. Thank You NCT for helping me to interpret these stories."
    http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/11 ... _25_06.txt

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12