Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

estimated how many million?

For the longest time I have understood through the media (so right there I hold that up to scrutiny) that not so long ago there were an estimated 9 million illegals here. Then 10 million. Then 12 million. Fine. These numbers went up because yeah, each year we get such-and-such numbers of illegals and it happened over a few years. I doubted it, sure. I figured that there had to be more than that. I lived in Orange County, CA for Chrissakes. Lately I've been hearing the media say around 22 million or 24 million. Whoa! Where did those numbers come from so quickly? I figure the media has been hiding this for one of several reasons: Maybe they didn't know for sure or because they didn't want to alarm us or perhaps they wanted to keep us in the dark about what is really going on or maybe the reason is to make us uneasy and fearful of the whole situation. Maybe they want us to think we are surrounded and if we resist this there might be some sort of uprising.

Am I looking too deep into this or is there really something to it? I just don't trust them one tiny bit.

Banned
    I hear 11 million kicked around a lot, but some simple math leads to a much higher number. Follow me for a minute here.

The U.S. Census 2000 estimated 10 million
    Senator John McCain estimated 4 million in 2002
    Source: http://www.thedustininmansociety.org/ar ... feb10.html
    U.S. Border Patrol fiscal 2005 apprehended 1.2 million, U.S.B.P. 'catch rate' is estimated to be 20%, meaning 4.8 million last year.
    Assuming these 2 years to be 'average', 4+million times 6 years since Census equals 24 to 25 million added to the pre-existing 10 million equals 35 million here now.

It is interesting to note that in 1986, it was estimated that 1.2 million illegal aliens would qualify for THAT amnesty. The actual total was 3.5 million. Assuming a comparable miscalculation today, 35 million is a realistic number.

Lou Dobbs always has said it was estimated to be 18 to 20 million or more!

If somethings not done to secure our borders how many will it be in 5 or 10 years

I think the figure quoted by Lou Dobbs and Bear Stearns is right.
    Not all are adult and in the job force.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't know if this subject has been touched on here in the forum, it is getting so large it is hard to read everything here and elsewhere also.

Did you know that they are still processing the aliens from the amnesty of 1986.

I almost lost my chewing gum when I read that one when my mouth dropped open.

Can you imagine them following up to see if the 25 to 30 newly amnestied illegal aliens have paid their 2,000 fine and back taxes let alone learned English.

What a laugh!

Banned
    I think the figure quoted by Lou Dobbs and Bear Stearns is right.
    I don't. All it takes is some simple addition to realize that 20 million is about half the total number. The number crossing the border each night has grown exponentially larger the more the Senate talks about amnesty. Current estimates are running 16,000 a night getting through. Let that continue the rest of this year and you'll have another 6 million.

I've mostly heard 11 million but I have heard recently someone quote 20 million. The bottom line is no one really knows the exact number and these are only estimates.

However, I do agree with Pinestraws formula!

I live in Los Angeles and I think we have about 5-10 million in our state alone. We have an area in my community where 20-30 people live in the low rent type housing. I have definetly noticed more Illegals loitering around grocery stores begging for work.

We are being invaded and GWB is aiding and abetting the invasion by constantly talking about Amnesty in his speeches.

According to the minuteman at the border right now, they have never seen anything like it, In addition, according to a minuteman friend, they are being shot at every night by coyotes!! They even confiscated 100 pounds of drugs with the Border Patrol the other night.

GWB could put the military on the border with a phone call yet he sits on his hands and allows this invasion.

He is committing high treason IMHO and so is the Congress by doing nothing about it. One of the first obligations of the Federal Government is to protect our borders.

People we are witnessing Anarchy, the exact same thing we were fighting against for back in 1776 with the British except this time it is Mexico.
    Is this Mexico or the USA

Most of us don't have a grasp of big numbers. Even a MILLION is immense.
    If you were a swimming-pool builder and a customer asked you to build a pool that would hold a million-gallons, then they had better have a big yard! You would need to build a pool about 267 feet long (almost as long as a football field), 50 feet wide, and 10 feet deep. Consider how big a pool would be needed for 20 million gallons.
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

I heard that the amount of protesters at the various locations, were estimated to be around 22 million. That doesnt mean that they were all illegals, but......
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn