Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Exert from Town Forum -- People are Stupid Sometimes

Everything in quotes is from a poster and everything not in quotes is from me.

The housing market in Houston is dominated by Mexican labor. Houses in Houston are cheaper than in Louisiana.
    Why, because the builder is keeping all the profit? No, because he can cut his expenses and in return can sell them to you and I cheaper than his competition.
    Are you so nieve to believe a builder would pass along ALL the savings on to the consumer just b/c they pay their workforce 1/3 what other constractors do? Get real. Heres what happens, contractor will build the home for you using Mexican laborers and while he pays them less, he will offer you a better price then the competition, but just as PigDog has pointed out, that does not mean he's not taking a bigger profit margin vs the legit contractors.

And it's funny you bring up the competition.. Because lets face it, if the competition can't compete, they will start going out of business.. Which means, less sales tax and income tax collected by whatever city and state you live in. Which means, your property taxes or other things are more likely to go up due to such factors. Also, when the competition has gone out of business, are you ok being stuck with a bunch of criminals building your house? And yes, they are criminals when they hire illegals.

The result is that I improve my standard of living.
    At the expense of American jobs and decreased wages. I'm so impressed with your patriotism.

The bottom line is that they are doing the jobs that we don’t want to do anymore because we have become so fat and lazy. And stupid. The average American can’t even change the oil in his car anymore.
    Prior to 1965 when the disastrous Immigration Bill was passed, there was very little immigration. In fact, between 1925 and 1965, there was even a period of net emigration out of the United States. During this time, our grass was getting cut, our meat was being packed, our children were being watched and our houses were being cleaned. The idea that somehow we suddenly can't run a country without an unlimited supply of foreigners is absurd.

Those in favor of foreign labor are corporations who are addicted to cheap labor. They are the ones who are benefiting. But their benefit comes at the American tax payer's expense when you consider that the American tax payer is virtually subsidizing the labor costs of the greedy corporations by supplying the illegal foreign workers and their families with welfare, free education, free medical, WICs, housing assistance, etc. -- something the corporations won't do.

Americans won't allow themselves to be exploited like illegals do, but they WILL do the work that illegals do for fair compensation and benefits. If Americans did the work that illegals do at higher pay, would that benefit the consumer? You bet it would in the long run. But many Americans who do not care about America's future are consumers who favor the idea of exploiting illegal workers because it keeps commodity and service prices down in the short term.

There are hundreds of thousands of people displaced by hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Are they out pounding the pavement looking for work? No, they are laying around waiting on a check from the government and will get insulted if you ask them to go to work.
    First off, you infer that ALL do not want to work, which is untrue. Ever relative in my family has stated that they'd had at least one evacuee come to work for them.

Second, those people you so elegantly and shamelessly put down are OUR people. Why are you trying to justify the illegal activities of those who aren't even Americans?

Being bilingual I want them as my customers. After I start making money off of them I will increase my standard of living even more.
    I welcome them!!!

And no, I’m not worried about my job.
    After the Senate passes the HR 4437, you might go out of business. And I hope you do.

Banned
    Where did you find that post? I'd like to respond to that pendejo PERSONALLY!

Quote:
    Being bilingual I want them as my customers. After I start making money off of them I will increase my standard of living even more.
    I welcome them!!!

This is exactly why the USA is in such a sad state of affairs. Those who benefit from illegals expect US taxpayers to subsidize the 20 million so the writer can "increase my stand of living even more".

The truth is, I don't give a damn about the writers standard of living. My standard of living is decreasing with every dollar that's taken out of my paycheck.

WHY AM I PAYING FOR SOMEONE ELSE'S STANDARD OF LIVING AT THE EXPENSE OF MY OWN! IAMAH!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

unfortunately he is right. there are millions of americans who simply don't look for work. However, he forgot to point out that most of them were 'laid off' and just decided to not look again since their next job will just be taken by illegal immigrants. In fact most unemployed workers are unskilled laborers and that is the exact labor supply that is inflated by illegal immigrants whether from mexico, hondurous or china.

He admits to conducting illegal activites and passes it off as "improving his standard of living" but I bet he is against drug dealers, theives or rapist. All of them want something and take it at the expense of someone else only they hurt only a few people while his actions hurt the workers, their immediate families, the community, the state and the nation. So instead of robbing or raping one household or person he is doing it to an entire country... what a great guy.

There are hundreds of thousands of people displaced by hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Are they out pounding the pavement looking for work? No, they are laying around waiting on a check from the government and will get insulted if you ask them to go to work.

First off, you infer that ALL do not want to work, which is untrue. Ever relative in my family has stated that they'd had at least one evacuee come to work for them.
    Hmmmm, it's awfully funny that shortly after the Hurricane, and shortly after evacuees from the construction industry came to coastal NC, where the construction trade was hurting for workers, there were people on the news being interviewed who were happy to have those jobs and employers happy to find skilled employees. Perhaps that was just "fiction" as so much of the news seems to be these days, but I hope not.

As for amy of the evacuees brought to El Paso, TX, they found themselves in the same predicament as most Americans who find themselves here--they can't find a job because they can't speak Spanish.

I welcome them!!!

The above statement disgusts me. I hope when the deportation process starts you still have customers. I don't bother to go to places where everyone speaks Spanish because I think that the immigrants should be encouraged to speak English, not the other way around. I am an American. Perhaps whoever wrote that is a hyphenated American who isn't actually an American at all. There are way too many of those these days.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The above statement disgusts me. I hope when the deportation process starts you still have customers. I don't bother to go to places where everyone speaks Spanish because I think that the immigrants should be encouraged to speak English, not the other way around. I am an American.
    I agree.. infact, I remember I visited a Mexican restaraunt one time and was sitting at the bar with my parents and a couple friends. The bartender was a white American and he had to make drinks for the waiters.. Most of whom were Mexican. Anyway, occassionaly, he'd have to speak Spanish to the waiters to figure out or convey what he was needing or wanting to tell them.

My parents and friends thought this was pretty unique and amazing he could speak Spanish. So I asked him why he spoke to them in Spanish and he said most of them don't know English.

So I told him, "This is America, we shouldn't have to learn THEIR language to communicate, if they don't know the language, they need to go back to where they came from"...

Needless to say, my parents were a bit peeved I said that, but I dont regret nothing...