Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanks Pat. Luckily all the damage is repaired and we can get through this hurricane season with no more. I cannot tell you the nightmare it is to deal with insurance companies and contractors.

It took us a year to the day to get our home fixed and move back in. I felt like Dorothy in the Wizard Of Oz... There is no place like home.....

Re: the illegal construction workers.

Someone on this site, once suggested that when you hire people to work at your home, that you tell the owner/manager/head person that you're in contact with DHS (which you would be if you called them! ), and therefore, you can't afford to have illegal aliens around, since it's breaking the law to employ them, and since YOU'RE SO CONCERNED for the (person you're speaking with), that HE doesn't get into trouble, that you have to have him sign a release/avadavit, that he doesn't hire, nor does he allow any sub-contractors hire, illegal aliens. You know, just to protect everyone since the gov't is cracking down. Then produce a paper for him to sign that says the above!

I'll be doing this from now on. I made sure that my lawn guys are legal..the owner is American as are each of his people. Only one is Hispanic.

This can be said, nicely, firmly, and with concern!! I love it!

If you're the person who originally posted this idea, please take credit...it's a GREAT idea!
    Whoever this person is - they should be given a massive "attaboy". I do love a conniving mind. And thank you Pat for bringing it up again.

Hi CheyenneWoman,

It's all true, so, without hostility or rudeness, you'd be just expressing concern. If they choose to leave, great, you wouldn't want 'em anyway.

I ALWAYS PREFER TO START NICE. Leaves room for any necessary escalation.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

In East Texas, illegals are everywhere and I'm not but 40 minutes from the TX/LA border. I feel sorry for those people down in El Paso, Dallas, and other places.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123