Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Facebook suspends Activist Mommy again for calling gender confusion a mental illness

Calvin Freiburger Follow Calvin

Wed Aug 29, 2018 - 2:08 pm EST

Facebook suspends Activist Mommy again for calling gender confusion a mental illness

August 29, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – Less than two weeks after suspending the “Activist Mommy” Elizabeth Johnston for alleged hate speech, Facebook has suspended the Christian family blogger a second time on similar grounds.

LifeSiteNews reported last week that Facebook suspended Johnston, a homeschooling mother of ten who comments on various cultural issues, for an unspecified post that allegedly violated the website’s “standards on hate speech.” Facebook apologized for “mistakenly flagg[ing]” her content, but did not identify the offending post.

On Friday, Johnston announced she had been hit with a new seven-day suspension after sharing a LifeSiteNews article about an Ohio judge who refused to approve name changes for gender-confused teenagers.

“This is what bullying looks like in 2018!” Johnston wrote in her post accompanying the link. “‘Normalize our mental illness or we will sue you!’ Small minds must use these tactics. Pathetic!” She concluded the post with the hashtag #GenderInsanity.

She then received a message from Facebook saying she couldn’t post, comment, or use the Messenger app for seven days. “This is because 2 of your posts go against our Community Standards on hate speech,” it read, “and because you previously posted something that didn’t follow our standards.”

“That’s right folks. If you don’t bow to the trans agenda, you’ll be muzzled and lose your platform. Free speech is dead in America,” Johnston responded in a post she was only able to get on Facebook “because it’s coming through Instagram.” During her previous suspension, she was able to have other admins keep the Activist Mommy Facebook page updated.

Despite Facebook’s suggestion that calling gender confusion a mental disorder constitutes “hate speech,” the American Psychiatric Association still classifies gender dysphoria as a mental disorder, as did the World Health Organization until this summer.

Studies indicate that between 80-90 percent of children experiencing gender dysphoria outgrow it on their own by late adolescence. In cases where it persists, a variety of studies from around the world find that gender-confused individuals have a heightened tendency to engage in self-harm, which is not mitigated by “identity” reinforcement up to and including full sex-reassignment surgery.

“It’s time something is done about the discrimination,” Johnston declared. “If Facebook can discriminate against conservatives, then restaurant owners can discriminate against liberals. How do you think that would go over?”

Censorship of conservative voices using “hate” as a pretext is an ongoing concern at every major social media platform and many online services. Others restricted since 2016 have included Prager University, the David Horowitz Freedom Center, theologian Dr. Robert A.J. Gagnon, Islam scholar Robert Spencer, conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, conservative video bloggers Diamond and Silk, numerous pro-life videos and advertisements, the Twitter accounts of prominent Republicans officials, and ads from various GOP candidates.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/facebook-suspends-activist-mommy-again-for-calling-gender-confusion-a-menta

Last edited by ALIPAC; 10-22-2019 at 12:13 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Published 17 hours ago

Marie Osmond says she thought she was gay after being sexually abused

By Nate Day | Fox News

Marie Osmond opened up on "The Talk" on Monday about how being sexually abused as a child caused her to question her sexuality.

While the co-hosts were discussing Miley Cyrus' recent comments about her ill feelings towards men, Osmond, 60, spoke out about the similar thoughts she had as a child.

"When I was about eight or nine, I actually thought I was gay," Osmond, 60, said. "The reason is because I had been sexually abused to the point that men made me sick. I didn't trust them, I didn't like them."

MILEY CYRUS BASHES EX LIAM HEMSWORTH ON INSTAGRAM LIVE: 'I THOUGHT ALL GUYS WERE EVIL

Osmond said she remembers having body image issues and constantly looking at other women's bodies.

"I was looking at women and I thought 'why am I looking at women? I must be gay.' And then I realized -- because I'm a thinker -- why did God give me all these great brothers and why did He give me this amazing father?" Osmond said. "And truly, the changed my opinion of men, which made me feel that it was something that I was going through."

LIAM HEMSWORTH MOVES ON FROM MILEY CYRUS WITH 'DYNASTY' ACTRESS

In an Instagram Live on Sunday night, Cyrus, 26 said: "You don't have to be gay, there are good people with d--ks out there — you’ve just got to find them. You've got to find a d--k that's not a d--k, you know."

"I always thought I had to be gay because I thought all guys were evil, but it's not true,” added the Disney alum.

Cyrus was referring to her new beau, Cody Simpson, who has shared headlines with Cyrus lately for their very public romance taking place a few months after Cyrus' high-profile divorce from Liam Hemsworth and breakup from model Kaitlynn Carter.

Cyrus took heat for her comments with one individual tweeting: "people aren't queer because they 'gave up' on men. This is so insulting." Others called the language "homophobic" and "straight up harmful."

Following the backlash, Cyrus -- who is both pansexual and gender fluid -- tweeted to clear the air, saying: "It has always been my priority to protect the LGBTQ community I am a part of."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...d-sexual-abuse

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn