Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FAIR ACTION Alert

I just received this action alert from FAIR. I hate to admit that Tom Delay deserves some credit but it appears that he does agree with us about one thing..

DeLay Wants Enforcement Before Any Guestworker Bill
    Call His Office and Thank Him

Your calls are needed to reinforce House Majority Leader Tom DeLay's (R-TX) position that immigration enforcement must come before any guestworker bill.

Just days after Senators Cornyn and Kyl unveiled their bill tying the promise of strong enforcement provisions with an unlimited guestworker program DeLay announced that the House will pass enforcement legislation before considering any guestworker bill. During his comments, DeLay said more security measures are needed and the government has to prove it will enforce the law before voters will accept a new guestworker program.

Yesterday, President Bush told House Republicans at a closed-door meeting that he wants them to pass a guestworker bill this fall. The president also said he wants MORE legal immigration.

It is critically important that we fortify DeLay's commitment to put enforcement first. He has resisted the president's request to expedite a guestworker bill thus far because he knows the American public will not accept more guestworkers when the government is obviously failing to enforce immigration laws or secure the borders.

Please make a quick phone call to any of Leader DeLay's offices listed below and thank him for holding the line. Tell his office that American voters expect Congress to first eat its spinach by passing a tough enforcement bill and funding its implementation before even considering the special interest desert of an unlimited guestworker program.

Leadership Office: 202-225-4000
    D.C. Office: 202-225-5951
    District Office: 281-240-3700
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

HERE'S our NEXT FIGHT, KIDS! NOTE WHAT YOUR PRESIDENT WANTS TO DO BY FALL.

I just made my call to his office. I've been totally against him on a WHOLE LOT OF ISSUES but this is one that I can agree with wholeheartedly.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Did FAIR do anything to fight CAFTA? I did not get an alert about that.

As far as Delay goes, he needs calls telling him NO GUEST WORKER.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I didn't get an alert about it, but I used their website to send some stuff to the reps...they were fighting tooth and nail also. Great group!!

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

FAIR DEFINITELY did things to fight CAFTA. I got several alerts and posted some on our site. I think they do a very good job.

Yeah, we were in there slugging it out...all of us...and so the reps can Never Say they 'didn't know' how their constituents felt about CAFTA...poll after poll showed that an overwhelming number disapproved of CAFTA.

No excuse can ever be offered for their betrayal.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones