Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This won't ever happen. People has become much too aware. If the government tried to do this there would be public revolt like they've never witnessed. Pirate stations would pop up everywhere. This is just certain people rattling their sabers and IMO doesn't amount to anything.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

This letter is in response to those who think by censoring the media, they can change my point of view. I'm an American citizen, and as far as I know, the USA is still a free country ! I'm totally against ILLEGAL immigration.

However, this letter is not about illegal aliens, and the devastation they are causing this country, and by the way, I don't need a television program or news organization to inform me of those facts. I see it every time I drive down the street.

This letter is about my first amendment rights. The right to freedom of speech. I watch Lou Dobbs faithfully. Glen Beck, Sean Hannitty and Bill OReilly are also some of my regulars. I sought out grassroots organizations like ALIPAC and NumberUSA. Why, because grass roots organizations are taking action against the invasion of this country while our government is encouraging it !

I have enormous praise and admiration for people like William Gheen, Roy Beck and the above mentioned television commentators, who have the courage to go against the politically correct bunch of hooligans in Washington, to give me a straight story. For doubters, the facts are documented all over the Internet. Who do these pro amnesty organizations, the ones who are currently twisting you arm, think they're kidding ? I value my way of life, and resent, hugely, those who would take away my freedoms. I'm asking you to resist the pressure that threatens our first amendment right to freedom of speech. Please do not consider, for a moment, taking any of these good people off the air.

Thank you for your consideration,
    I sent this letter , back in March, after seeing Janet M. on Lou Dobbs talking about a lawsuit La Raza had filed againt him, and the other's mentioned in my letter. I think this was in response to a call to action from NumbersUSA. Does anyone else remember this ? Maybe, we should consider doing something like this again, with radio, just to head them off at the pass ? Or, has it already been done ? Any thoughts from you guy's ?
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

Rush has over 12 million listeners alone, there would be a major backlash if this occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    This won't ever happen. People has become much too aware. If the government tried to do this there would be public revolt like they've never witnessed. Pirate stations would pop up everywhere. This is just certain people rattling their sabers and IMO doesn't amount to anything.

Look at the mess we are in today...People aren't revolting yet. I'm not sure they will revolt no matter how bad it gets in this country?

Look at the three candidates? All three are bad for our country.
    If the people really had any power, why did we get stuck with three horrible candidates to chose from?

Rush has over 12 million listeners alone, there would be a major backlash if this occurred.
    It just might take a major backlash to make these arrogant usurpers, and those who back them, understand they're not going to shut anybody up !
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

Molly, the public airwaves, both radio and TV, are a much bigger presence in the public eye than Illegal Immigration. Anything done to shut them down would result in swift and widespread condemnation. This is why I'm not too worried. It's just saber rattling.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly

Look at the mess we are in today...People aren't revolting yet. I'm not sure they will revolt no matter how bad it gets in this country?

If the people really had any power, why did we get stuck with three horrible candidates to chose from?
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Molly, the public airwaves, both radio and TV, are a much bigger presence in the public eye than Illegal Immigration. Anything done to shut them down would result in swift and widespread condemnation. This is why I'm not too worried. It's just saber rattling.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly

TexasBorn, I sure hope you are right. I still see too many people who are a sleep, or they just don't care...As long as their favorite music station is still on, they're happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger
    12 million listeners in an America with a total population of over 300 million.

This says they don't care about numbers. The FCC wants to serve non-English speakers whether those people exist or NOT. As long as the programming is diverse the FCC doesn't care if there is a listening audience or not.

English speakers will have no idea exactly WHAT is being broadcasted.

The FCC's proposed regulations claim
    that radio station "programming -- particularly network programming - often is not sufficiently culturally diverse."

The FCC seeks "to ensure that broadcasters serve their communities, especially traditionally underserved audiences," such as non-English speakers, whether or not these people actually exist.
    Free speech, exercised both individually and through a free press, is a necessity in any country where people are themselves free.
    - Theodore Roosevelt
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here in Southern California we have more Spanish language stations than English language stations...Sometimes the Mexican station signal drowns out the American stations because it's stronger ... The Spanish language stations have more listeners and their ratings are higher. This trend with more Spanish stations is creeping across the U.S..Just like the growing Latino population is growing nationwide.

I worry about the future of the talk shows like Rush and others like him...Many of these American stations are being bought out by Mexican Corporations, then they change the programing to Spanish language.

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Let's say that this did take effect.........................There are Latino and Hispanic and also African American and many other 1 ethnic programs and Radio Talk shows that would have to follow suit.

If not, this would be considered ETHNIC CLEANSING and RACISM at it 's finest, created by our own Government.
    Maybe they should be reminded...."be careful what you wish for"!
    All could come back and bite them...a scenario they obviously have not
    thought out completely.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast