Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodOleDays
    Believe me, there is no one that wishes the Governor, or any other elected official was against a path to citizenship aka 'comprehensive immigration reform' aka amnesty, more than I do!

You have to read between the lines when dealing with elected officials, because they don't want the people to know their 'bottom line' on illegal immigration. But once in a while you can catch them.

This is just me. No one else has to see what I see....This is my own opinion formed from five years of coming to a realization.
    I can understand that, and I respect that. And I do see from reading the following, one might think that.

Asked if she could support comprehensive immigration reform, Brewer said, "I want the border secured first." Asked about that comment, Gibbs replied, "the president believes that those things have to happen together."

In the meeting today, the White House said, "the President urged Governor Brewer to be his partner in working in a bipartisan manner on comprehensive immigration reform to implement the type of smart, sensible, and effective solutions the American people expect and deserve from their federal government."
    However, my feeling is that Brewer NEVER would have signed SB 1070 if she favored a path to citizenship, nor would she still be defending SB 1070 in Court if she favored that path.

The source is CBS News....they are Pro-Illegal and I'm sure there is some distortion here. In my contact with the Governor, she is determined to stand her ground against the Illegal Invasion and she's not letting anyone, including the Fed. Gov. walk all over us.

And thank You, Mickey, She, along with our great Sheriffs, sure IS cleaning our house of Illegals.

Banned
    Oh, By The Way....You won't see Brewer "Partnering with Obama" on any Comprehensive Immigration Reform any time down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by AZres
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodOleDays
    Believe me, there is no one that wishes the Governor, or any other elected official was against a path to citizenship aka 'comprehensive immigration reform' aka amnesty, more than I do!

You have to read between the lines when dealing with elected officials, because they don't want the people to know their 'bottom line' on illegal immigration. But once in a while you can catch them.

This is just me. No one else has to see what I see....This is my own opinion formed from five years of coming to a realization.
    I can understand that, and I respect that. And I do see from reading the following, one might think that.

Asked if she could support comprehensive immigration reform, Brewer said, "I want the border secured first." Asked about that comment, Gibbs replied, "the president believes that those things have to happen together."

In the meeting today, the White House said, "the President urged Governor Brewer to be his partner in working in a bipartisan manner on comprehensive immigration reform to implement the type of smart, sensible, and effective solutions the American people expect and deserve from their federal government."
    However, my feeling is that Brewer NEVER would have signed SB 1070 if she favored a path to citizenship, nor would she still be defending SB 1070 in Court if she favored that path.

The source is CBS News....they are Pro-Illegal and I'm sure there is some distortion here. In my contact with the Governor, she is determined to stand her ground against the Illegal Invasion and she's not letting anyone, including the Fed. Gov. walk all over us.

And thank You, Mickey, She, along with our great Sheriffs, sure IS cleaning our house of Illegals.
    We see what the Governor said differently. I definitely believe that she is open under certain circumstances to 'comprehensive immigration reform' aka amnesty to 60,000,000 illegal aliens. There should be NO discussion, ever, to consider 'comprehensive immigration reform' aka amnesty.

I don't care if the border is sealed with iron and there are guards there 24/7, the illegal aliens who are here must go home so our own citizens who are begging for jobs now to feed their families can make a living!

I have not fought against illegal immigration these last few years only to turn around and legalize millions, and millions, of illegal aliens just because someone decides to finally close the border and to enforce the laws that should have been enforced long ago. We are drowning in a tsunami of illegal aliens, and we will not have a country left if they are allowed to remain here under our care.

This is a letter the Governor wrote to the President.

[quote]Letter from Governor Brewer to President Barack Obama Regarding Border SecurityJ

June 23, 2010

The Honorable Barack Obama

The President of the United States

The White House

1600 Pennsylvania Avenue

Washington, DC 20500

Dear Mr. President:

Thank you for the opportunity to visit with you in person during my recent trip to Washington, D.C. As you know, the issue of border security is foremost in the thoughts of many Arizonans and Americans alike, and I appreciated the chance to personally relate to you my concerns and outline my proposed solutions.

Mr. President, the need for action to secure Arizona’s border could not be clearer. Recently, my office received a number of calls from constituents concerned at reports of new sign postings in interior counties of Arizona warning residents not to access federal lands due to criminal activity associated with the border. These warnings signal to some that we have handed over portions of our border areas to illegal immigrants and drug traffickers. This is unacceptable. Instead of warning Americans to stay out of parts of our own country, we ought to be warning international lawbreakers that they will be detained and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We ought to be establishing measures to ensure that illegal traffic of any sort is kept to an absolute minimum, and that Americans are safe and secure within our own borders.

When we visited, you committed to present details, within two weeks of our meeting, regarding your plans to commit National Guard troops to the Arizona border and expend $500 million in additional funds on border security matters. You also discussed sending members of your senior staff to Arizona to discuss your plans. While I am pleased the 28th has been set for a meeting time and we have reviewed a copy of the Department of Homeland Security’s “Southwest Border Next Stepsâ€
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

GoodOleDays wrote:
    I wouldn't bet on that if I were you.
    ------------------------

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234