Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Feinsteins response to Border Fence Fax

Thank you for writing to me regarding funding for the double-layer border fence. I appreciate hearing from you and I welcome the opportunity to respond.

On December 18, 2007, the Senate voted 76 to 17 to approve the fiscal year 2008 Consolidated Appropriations Act, which provides funding for most federal government agencies. You may be interested to know that the bill provides $3 billion for border security, including money to build the border fence. The President signed this bill into law on December 26, 2007.

The bill does not specifically require the construction of a double-layer fence along the border because the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requested more flexibility on where and how the fence is built. DHS noted that areas along the border are already covered by natural barriers and with discretionary powers, the Department can speed up the fence construction process without compromising national security.

Again, thank you for writing. I appreciate hearing your views and I hope that you will continue to write to me on issues of importance to you. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
    United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the Nation are available at my website http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list at http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/inde ... nup.Signup.

Bring back the Rotary Phone so we dont have to pressÂ*1 forÂ*English...Â*

believe me feinstein will not want to build the fence citing "endangered species act" as the reason and they will file lawsuits under this to drag it out till they can defund it.

total commie too bad she can't live in Cuba or China.

When Feinstein was mayor of SF she solved her homeless problem by giving them all a one way bus ticket to Santa Clara County. Which showed me she doesn't really care about her neighboring communities or America. Out of sight out of mind.

I notice she didn't mention that the funding for this fence got cut in committee. What a loser!
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)