Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Fence Bill Signing

Quote Originally Posted by UB
    The President will sign the fence bill Thursday morning.

UB
    A fence will not do any good except make a lot of people rich who sell fences, ladders and shovels.
    His signing of the fence bill is just to pacify people into believing he is serious about illegal immigration or homeland security. If he was really serious he would have the law enforced that makes it illegal to cross the border, to hire illegals. He will not go after businesses.
    He really want to give them amnesty. A fence never stopped anyone who want to come into this country where they know they will be hired by business who want cheap labor.
    The minimum wage bill will not be passes either becasuse it will hurt business who will not get what they want for less.
    We cannot win with demos or reps.

A fence will help but not much, due to the terrain there are natural openings and they are required to leave openings for wildlife to pass through as well as for seasonal creeks and othe waterways.
    There will always be a way to go around, over, under or through it.
    It does help divert traffic some making it easier for Border Patrol to watch certain areas but they soon learn to go else where to cross.
    The fence by itself will do little good, in fact some Mexicans have taken it down and used it to make homes out of.
    We need more eyes and ears on the border as well to make it work.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's fun to watch Bush being forced to sign it at a
    semi-public cerimony under the pressure of the
    GOP House.

I think the amnesty crowd has more reasons to be
    more pessimistic than us.

MW
    I honestly believe that those folks that don't believe a fence will be beneficial are dead wrong! The fence will not answer all our prayers, but it will most definitely help to secure the border. I think we should look at the fence as a positive step forward, not poo-hoo it at every opportunity.

It'll be up to us, the American public, to make sure that fence gets built. The signed bill will at least gives us that opportunity! Remember, "a bird in hand is worth two in the bush (no pun intended)." Once we have that bill signed, we can then begin pounding our elected representatives to get it built. As we've been told, the wording in the bill is very specific in stating the fence "shall" be built. I for one will do all I can to ensure our president and congress keep their promise to the American people.

700-miles of border fence will help to funnel the illegals to certain areas along the border. Those areas can then be watched more aggressively by the extra boots on the ground that were made available by the fence.

Anyone that thinks a fence won't help has obviously been listening to the pro-illegal/open border whinners for too long.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's a start, but by no means is it going to stop the flow by itself.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    I agree 100% with the latter part of your statement.
    Alia of the Knife

"I am a messenger from Muad'Dib. Poor Emperor. I'm afraid my brother won't be very pleased with you."

MW
    dman1200 wrote:

I think we can all agree on that. The most critical factor in the equation is going after those that hire the illegals (we must dry up their job market), but in the mean time more border patrol agents and a fence designed to slow the invasion will be beneficial.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    dman1200 wrote:

I think we can all agree on that. The most critical factor in the equation is going after those that hire the illegals (we must dry up their job market), but in the mean time more border patrol agents and a fence designed to slow the invasion will be beneficial.
    However, in this political climate, the danger is that we will have used up all our political chits to get a wall. After we get a wall, see how fast the government moves on enforcement. The government is happy to do a fake wall instead of reigning in businesses and their lobby.
    Alia of the Knife

"I am a messenger from Muad'Dib. Poor Emperor. I'm afraid my brother won't be very pleased with you."

MW
    Ali wrote:

However, in this political climate, the danger is that we will have used up all our political chits to get a wall.
    I don't agree, our "political chits" are only limited by our lack of motivation, determiniation, and initiative.

The government is happy to do a fake wall instead of reigning in businesses and their lobby.
    The fence is not fake, it will be made of real materials purchased with some of the 1.2 billion already allocated for it. Hopefully more appropriations will come in the future for its completion. Who says we can't have our cake and eat it too? We must stay on top of our government to crack down on the employers that hire illegals. The illegal immigrant problem didn't happen overnight and I seriously doubt it will be resolved overnight. We've got to crawl before we walk and walk before we run. Grass root efforts throughout the United States will prove productive if we don't relent and become complacent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12